• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Deceit

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
while i was unable to make it in to test this soft launch because of work this last week it was rather amusing to watch people come in here and just collapse mentally over this.

while i like to collect different suits i was thinking.... they had mentioned on more than one occasion that they where gonna do a Halloween event in the Orc Dungeon at some point and all the other legacy dungeons eventually.
so realistically i would imagine we will see both the Orc Kin and the Deciet stuff again when they go world wide for some event or another.
little ray of sunshine there for suit collectors.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get a whole world of adventure for my little monthly fee.

If you don't like the rewards for a particular event, there are plenty of other things to do.

Focus on the places that have the loot you want to earn.
Compared to what you can get elsewhere for less, you do actually pay top dollar, for whatever adventures you might have.
Since your not clever enough to see that EA is screwing around with everyone as usual, i don't think your worth my time.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Compared to what you can get elsewhere for less, you do actually pay top dollar, for whatever adventures you might have.
Since your not clever enough to see that EA is screwing around with everyone as usual, i don't think your worth my time.
Thanks for taking the "time" to let me know.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It won't be an issue if the same event is live across all shards... ie. Treasures of Deceit (and rewards) are live globally then everyone has a chance to get the drops.
So you are saying we should keep these drops and wait for good rewards?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got 112 drops. Was able to trade for some sets. No Bone helm...

1597295804080.png

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you are saying we should keep these drops and wait for good rewards?
I'm not sure if this event will be brought back on LS... it could be (with better rewards) but a totally different event could also be brought back in its place (and then you would have a bunch of undead kin stuff you don't want). My previous post was just an example that whenever they are done the soft launches, the real launch would be global (not just on 3 shards) so everyone gets a chance at items. Maybe a better example would be if i swapped the name to Treasures of the Reptile Kin.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fyi. You shouldn't do this now, but that blue bottle from Khal Ankur works to increase drop rates. Need them in the store again.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Can anyone help with the hue numbers for these rewards, or the rewards from origin?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 110784

When Kyronix said this I took it as every time they do this style of event... I hope your right.
That sucks for people on ATL that have to fight for any content. Allowing people to gather on other shards and bring to ATL actually pushes some people to play other shards. This just means this event is only useful if you are on the shard its active. I think you would want to encourage cross shard playing and spreading some of ATL traffic out but instead they are working harder to kill dead shards.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That sucks for people on ATL that have to fight for any content. Allowing people to gather on other shards and bring to ATL actually pushes some people to play other shards. This just means this event is only useful if you are on the shard its active. I think you would want to encourage cross shard playing and spreading some of ATL traffic out but instead they are working harder to kill dead shards.
Are you for real? Everyone is bringing everything to ATL at this moment.. There are no items for sale anywhere just because there are SHIELD vet rewards.... Before I could find arties, mats, etc on vendors in Europa but now? Sadly nobody is taking care about selling anything there since you can sell it in ATL for more..

Transfer Shield as a vet reward was one of the worst things that happened to small shards and any non vet player.. + it drastically encourages reselling 3rd party eshops because they got tons of shields and are able to literally buyout arties/mats from all smaller shards for less $$
Until there will be shields in store there is no point in crying about cross shard playing because 20$ for transfer token is.. ehm..

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you for real? Everyone is bringing everything to ATL at this moment.. There are no items for sale anywhere just because there are SHIELD vet rewards.... Before I could find arties, mats, etc on vendors in Europa but now? Sadly nobody is taking care about selling anything there since you can sell it in ATL for more..

Transfer Shield as a vet reward was one of the worst things that happened to small shards and any non vet player.. + it drastically encourages reselling 3rd party eshops because they got tons of shields and are able to literally buyout arties/mats from all smaller shards for less $$
Until there will be shields in store there is no point in crying about cross shard playing because 20$ for transfer token is.. ehm..
I'm one of those people. I've sold hundreds of millions on ATL. I've also noted prices of some things overstocked on ATL sell for more on my home shard and I bring those home. You can get some alacrity scrolls for 10k on ATL that sell for 100k on GL. It goes both ways. I think cross sharding is fine. The point is if the only way to get items for the content is on ATL - everyone logs onto ATL and overruns the shard (connectivty, crashing, fight for content). If you allow xshard of the rewards then people play the content across the shards and xfer the loot. It spreads out the server load and player base. But hey - I'm just a distributed technology executive - what do I know?

I think 5,000 people on ATL and 200 on 20 other shards is better than 9,000 people playing ATL and other shards being empty.