• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Silver Gate

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
May 21, 2015 - 3:41pm

Greetings,

In anticipation of the release the Time of Legends we are kicking off a series of in-game live events to shepherd in this exciting time within Britannia! Check out shard Event Moderator websites and in-game town criers to find out when these events will be held. Without further ado we present,

The Silver Gate

By: EM Malachi

The Stranger aligned the last gem in its place within the ritual circle. Mana began to pool between the four gems, pulled to the tower from each of the four continents. Pausing briefly to focus his mind, the Stranger whispered an ancient incantation, carefully shaping the mana into a delicate silver gate. When the moongate was stable enough for passage, the Stranger picked up his sword and stepped through.

Hawkwind, the Time Lord, solemnly watched the Stranger's actions. When the gate closed, he held his breath for what would come. It might have been minutes, an hour, or a day, but then the world shattered. The mountain range near the tower crumbled and shifted, cutting Stonegate off from the rest of the world. Where the gate had been, mana surged and made the gems vibrate until all, even the diamond, shattered.

The Time Lord pulled back his perspective to see the rest of Sosaria suffering the same Shattering. Mountains crumbled, and islands sank, reshaping the four continents. Mana storms and boiling seas doomed countless species to extinction. In the devastation, empires and kingdoms were lost forever. A single Sosarian timeline splintered into hundreds, one for each shard of Mondain's cursed gem.

Having seen enough, Hawkwind submerged himself in the currents of these timelines, experiencing the flux of five hundred years. There was a growing discord there, as if time itself were smashing against a rock. He knew the source of this turbulence: Shadowguard. Built by the awesome power of Mondain’s gem and maintained by Minax’s enchantment, Shadowguard was a fortress held separate from space and time, protected from even Hawkwind’s sight.

In the past, Minax had used the fortress’s safety to lash out against Britannia. Now, with the assistance of Anon, Minax was discovering what else she could do with the magics of Shadowguard. Her malice was a growing presence in the timelines. Equal parts erratic and brilliant, Minax could not be allowed to wield the power to unravel history itself.

To stop her, the Time Lord would need similar gems: a ruby the color of sunset, a diamond like frozen tears, a flawless imperial emerald, and a dragon’s eye sapphire. Hawkwind considered quietly plucking the gems from various points in history, but he was reminded of the scar given to him by the Shadowlord Astaroth. His mortal form had never completely healed after the incident in Moonglow. He could not do this alone, nor was this a time for secrecy. This was a time for legends.

A nightmare had caused the early waking. As the great beast stretched its wings for the first time in half a millennium, it roared, scattering every living thing for miles. Taking to the sky, its ebon wings blotted out the sun, their every beat shaking even the eldest trees of the Corrupted Forest.

Claws tore into the mountain, cleaving aside stone to reveal the cavern where its hoard was hidden. Instantly, the wyrm knew not a piece had been taken nor touched. It roared its joy, causing a landslide on an opposing cliff. Scaled limbs sank into the treasure, raking aside gold coins and bars to reveal a cluster of gems. Two talons snatched up a prized sapphire. The dark blue gem reflected perfectly the black dragon’s eye.

The nightmare had forewarned that someone would be coming to take the gems away. Enraged, the dragon let loose a burst of flame that liquefied a pile of gold.

シルバーゲート

謎の男は最後の宝石を魔方陣のその位置に並べて置いた。マナは4つの宝石の間に滞留し始め、4つの大陸からそれぞれ突き出た尖塔へと引き寄せられた。集中するために短い沈黙をはさむと、謎の男は囁くようにいにしえの呪文を唱え、マナを繊細なシルバーゲートへと慎重に変化させた。シルバーゲートが通過にたえうるまで安定すると、謎の男は剣を手にその中へ足を踏み入れた。

ホークウィンド、またの名をタイムロードは、重々しく謎の男の動作を見つめていた。ゲートが閉じられたとき、彼はこれから起こるであろうことを思って息を殺した。それは数分、1時間、あるいは1日であったかも知れない、しかしいずれにせよ世界は砕け散ったのだ。尖塔近くの山脈は崩れて移動し、石の要塞を世界から切り離していた。シルバーゲートがあった場所ではマナが渦巻き、すべてが、ダイヤモンドですら砕け散るまでこれらの宝石を振動させていた。

タイムロードはこの粉砕によってソーサリア各地に引き起こされた状況を見ようと視線を戻した。山々は崩れ、島々は沈み、4つの大陸を変形させてしまっていた。マナによる嵐と沸騰する海は無数の種の絶滅を決定づけた。惨状の中で帝国も王国も永遠に失われた。モンディンの呪われた宝石のその破片の数だけ、唯一であったはずのソーサリアの時間の流れは何百にも分裂した。

十分な観察の後、ホークウィンドは500年分の流転を感じながらこれらの時間の渦の中に自らを投じた。そこには時間そのものが岩にぶつかっているかのような不調和が増大しつつあった。彼はこの乱れの根源を知っていた。シャドウガードだ。モンディンの強大な力によって築かれ、ミナックスの魔力によって保持されるそれは時と場所を超越して存在し、ホークウィンドの視線ですら遮っていた。

かつてミナックスは要塞の堅固さをブリタニアを攻撃するために利用した。今やアノンの協力を得たミナックスは、シャドウガードの魔力によってさらに何ができるかを発見していた。彼女の悪意はその時間の流れにおいてさらに存在感を強めていた。不安定さと同じ分だけ輝きを増すミナックスは、歴史そのものを破たんさせる力を及ぼすには至っていなかった。

彼女を止めるために、タイムロードはよく似た宝石を必要とした。夕暮れの色をしたルビー、凍てついた涙のごときダイヤモンド、完璧な皇帝のエメラルド、そしてドラゴンの眼のサファイアである。ホークウィンドは歴史の中に点在する宝石たちを抜き出すことについて静かに思案したが、シャドウロードの一人アスタロスが彼に残した傷跡に思い至った。ムーングロウでの一件以来、彼の致命傷が完全に癒えることはなかった。彼一人でこれを成し遂げることはできなかったし、秘密にしている場合でもなかった。伝説の時は来たのだ。

悪夢が早朝の目覚めを引き起こした。巨大な化け物は500年ぶりに羽を伸ばすと同時に咆哮し、生きとし生けるあらゆる者たちを彼方へと追いやった。空に向かい、漆黒の羽は太陽を覆い隠し、その羽ばたきは腐敗の森で最も長く生きた木々ですら揺るがした。

山に爪を食いこませ、秘蔵の宝を隠してあった洞窟を露わにしようと石を脇にかき分ける。竜はわずかな部分たりとも盗られることも、触れられることもなかったことを即座に理解した。それは喜びで咆哮し、反対側の崖の地すべりを引き起こした。鱗に覆われた手足が宝の山に沈み、宝石の塊を見つけ出そうとゴールドと金塊の山を脇によけた。二つのかぎ爪が価値あるサファイアをつかみ上げた。濃い青色の宝石は漆黒のドラゴンの眼を完璧に映し出していた。

悪夢は何者かが宝石を奪いにやって来ることを予告していた。激しい怒りとともに、ドラゴンはゴールドの塊を溶かした炎を吐きだした。

은빛 차원문

이방인이 마지막 보석을 의식의 원에 원래 있던 자리에 가지런히 놓았다. 마나가 네 개의 보석들 사이에서 모이기 시작하더니, 각 대륙에서 탑으로 모였다. 정신을 집중하기 위해 잠시 숨을 고르던 이방인이 고대 주문을 속삭이자, 마나가 조심스레 정교하고 섬세한 은빛 차원문의 형태를 띄기 시작했다. 차원문이 사람이 지나갈 수 있을 정도로 안정이 되자, 이방인은 자신의 검을 들고 안으로 뛰어들었다.

시간의 군주, 호크윈드는 혼자 엄숙하게 이방인의 행동을 지켜봤다. 차원문이 닫히자, 그는 무슨 일이 벌어질 지를 생각하며 숨을 죽였다. 일 분, 한 시간, 하루, 얼마나 지났는지도 모를 그때, 세상이 파괴되었다. 탑 근처의 산이 주저앉아 모습이 변해버렸고, 다른 세상으로부터 돌관문이 단절되었다. 차원문이 있던 자리엔 마나가 쇄도하며 보석들이 모두 파괴될 때까지 진동했다. 심지어 다이아몬드같은 보석조차도 부서져버렸다.

시간의 군주는 급히 물러나 자신의 눈으로 나머지 소사리아가 같은 파괴의 고통을 받을 걸 보았다. 산이 주저앉고, 섬이 가라앉고, 네 대륙의 모습이 바뀌고 있었다. 마나 폭풍과 들끓는 바다로 헤아릴 수 없는 많은 종족들이 멸종했다. 이런 대재앙 속에서 제국과 왕국들은 영원히 소실되었다. 시간대가 쪼개지며 소사리아인 하나하나가 몬데인의 저주받은 보석 조각 속에 나눠졌다.

그 광경을 충분히 본 호크윈드는 다시 오백년의 시간을 거슬러 현재의 시간대로 돌아왔다. 그곳엔 마치 시간 그 자체가 바위를 치는 것처럼, 하나의 불화가 자라나고 있었다. 그는 이 불화의 근원을 알고 있었다. 바로 그림자초소였다. 몬데인의 보석이 가진 어마어마한 힘에 의해 지어지고, 미낙스의 마법으로 유지되고 있는 그림자초소는 시간과 공간으로부터 따로 떨어져 지어진 요새였기 때문에 호크윈드조차도 볼 수가 없었다.

과거 미낙스는 그 요새의 이점을 이용해 브리타니아를 침공하는데 사용했었다. 이제 아논의 도움으로 미낙스는 그림자초소에 깃든 마법으로 뭘 할 수 있을지 생각하고 있었다. 그녀의 악의가 시간대에 자리를 자리잡으며 커져가기 시작했다. 명석하지만 변덕스러운 미낙스에게 역사 그 자체를 왜곡시키는 힘은 허락할 순 없었다.

그녀를 막기 위해 시간의 군주는 비슷한 보석들이 필요했다. 노을빛의 루비, 얼어붙은 눈물같은 다이아몬드, 결점없는 제국의 에메랄드, 그리고 용의 눈 사파이어였다. 호크윈드는 역사 속의 다양한 장소에서 조용히 그 보석을 빼내올 생각을 해보았지만, 그는 그림자군주 아스타로스가 남긴 상처를 떠올렸다. 그의 필멸의 육신은 문글로우 사태 이후에도 완전히 치유될 수 없었다. 아마도 영원히 치유되지 못할 터였다. 그는 이 일을 혼자서 할 때도, 비밀리에 진행할 때도 아니었다. 이 때야 말로 바로 전설이 필요한 때였다.

악몽으로 잠에서 일찍 깬 거대한 괴수가 오천년만에 날개를 펼쳤다. 그리고 울부짖으며 수 킬로에 걸쳐 살아있는 모든 걸 파괴했다. 창공을 날아오르자, 새카만 날개가 태양을 가렸다. 그리고 날개가 요동치자, 타락한 숲의 가장 오래된 나무들조차 몸을 떨었다.

괴수가 산을 발톱으로 휘저으며, 돌을 헤집고 전리품을 숨겨놓은 동굴을 찾았다. 동굴을 찾자 용은 누구도 자신의 전리품을 건드리지 않았다는 사실에 기뻐 울부짖자, 산 반대쪽 절벽에 산사태가 일어났다. 비늘로 덮힌 팔을 보물 안으로 집어넣고 금화와 금괴를 옆으로 밀치자 한 보석 더미가 모습을 드러냈다. 두 발톱으로 소중한 사파이어를 하나 낚아챘다. 진청색 보석이 검은 용의 눈을 완전히 비추고 있었다.

악몽은 누군가가 그 보석들을 빼앗으러 온다는 걸 경고하고 있음이 분명했다. 분노에 찬 용이 불을 내뿜어 동굴 가득히 쌓인 금을 녹여버렸다.

Continue reading...

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Timelord knew what must be done, the free people of Sosaria must band together to destroy Shadowguard. He also knew that the only hope of laying siege to the magical fortress would be found in the technology of the gargoyles. Searching through his library he pulled a dusty tome from the shelf. Sosaria would have to take flight. He brushed off the cover of the text to reveal the title, written in an ancient runic script; Plans For The Construction Of A Hot Air Balloon. In his mind he heard echoes of a voice exclaim "What a fantastic idea!"

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The dark blue gem reflected perfectly the black dragon’s eye.
Nice "reimagined" reference, I wonder how many UO players are going to get it :)

In Ultima I, the Blue Gem was guarded by the King of the Black Dragon's Castle (though of course he was a human and not an actual dragon...)

More random Ultima trivia:

* In Ultima I, the Stranger had to collect 4 gems to activate the time machine used to reach Mondain's castle in the past. It seems that we're going to do the same in the upcoming events to travel to Minax's Shadowguard in the Time of Legends. The 4 gems were in the possession of 4 kings:
- the Blue Gem was owned by the King of the Black Dragon's Castle in the Lands of the Dark Unknown. Since the black dragon event will take place in the Corrupted Forest, maybe this is a hint that the Dark Unknown was reshaped to Malas after the Shattering in UO?
- the Green Gem was in the hands of the King of Castle Barataria in the Lands of the Feudal Lords, now known as Tokuno in UO. So I'm guessing that one of these events will take place there.
- Shamino had the White Gem in the Lands of Danger and Despair, later known as Serpent Isle in Ultima. Hope to see him again in one of the next events!
- the Red Gem was owned by the Lost King in the Lands of Lord British

* The "time machine" in Ultima I was replaced by time-traveling Silver Gates in Ultima II, luckily the fiction on uo.com goes with this retcon...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny but that was how I interpreted it. Guess I was just being hopeful. On some shards the Luna shopping experience is pitiful.
Was thinking the same thing about shard merger and how stupid that may be, how many people will quit if they lose their shard. With Vendor Search I shop a whole lot more out of Luna. Luna better get their junk together because prices are cheap out of the city and just as easy to get to now.

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Built by the awesome power of Mondain’s gem and maintained by Minax’s enchantment, Shadowguard was a fortress held separate from space and time, protected from even Hawkwind’s sight.
Shard merger confirmed? :p

Taking to the sky, its ebon wings blotted out the sun, their every beat shaking even the eldest trees of the Corrupted Forest.
... Can we tame it? XD

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You know, it really would be cool if they introduced silver steeds as tameable "virtue" pets and a midrange vice version. Both could be less powerful than dread warhorses to mollify those owners but have benefits that are vvv specific, like a special "trick" that only works in a vvv active town. How awesome would it be to ride a silver steed to an altar and say "defend" and a white cloud of paralyzing damage roll out. Man that would AWESOME.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's amazingly sad how we have fiction and events looming and people jump to shard mergers.

Anything else I mighy to have to add to or say about this, positive or negative, I guess just doesn't matter given that the interest of Stratics seems primarily not to be on the fiction or the event. Fortunately I suspect that Stratics posters aren't representative of players on this issue or on many others.

-Galen's player

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have been waiting for an awesome fiction/event arc since Inu! The whole arc that lead up to KR was AMAZING! I do hope that they surpass that with the lead-up to this upcoming expansion.

while KR did not have a very long life, the events that lead up to the discovery of it were, by far, one of the best times I've had. I still remember getting chills when Inu kept repeating *kingdom REBORN...kingdom REBORN*

Though it has been said that this will be an EM event series, so it won't be a global event like the Inu/KR event, I hope that it has the same feel.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's amazingly sad how we have fiction and events looming and people jump to shard mergers.

Anything else I mighy to have to add to or say about this, positive or negative, I guess just doesn't matter given that the interest of Stratics seems primarily not to be on the fiction or the event. Fortunately I suspect that Stratics posters aren't representative of players on this issue or on many others.

-Galen's player
Hello, McFly...hello?

Did you go back to a future in which WBB is actually populated? ;P

Seriously though, why would you complain about people talking about mergers (jokingly or not) when you could have supported what you claim to care about by liking/appreciating Sir_Bolo's post and extending upon that, and the posts people made in this thread in support of the lore? I think you take things a little too seriously, sir.

For those who have Shard Shields, UO has already merged to an extent. And it's fairly awesome. I'm not sure a merger is really a bad thing in that regard except for its current exclusivity. Merger /= end of UO.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, McFly...hello?

Did you go back to a future in which WBB is actually populated? ;P

Seriously though, why would you complain about people talking about mergers (jokingly or not) when you could have supported what you claim to care about by liking/appreciating Sir_Bolo's post and extending upon that, and the posts people made in this thread in support of the lore? I think you take things a little too seriously, sir.

For those who have Shard Shields, UO has already merged to an extent. And it's fairly awesome. I'm not sure a merger is really a bad thing in that regard except for its current exclusivity. Merger /= end of UO.
I don't use the "like" utility. And posts like yours show just how unwelcome talk of lore and events is on Stratics these days.

-Galen's player

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't use the "like" utility. And posts like yours show just how unwelcome talk of lore and events is on Stratics these days.

-Galen's player
I just don't like your passive aggressive troll posts. Before your post there weren't any negative sentiments to this thread, just different things different people wanted. Keep clutching hard on your box of crayons.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lake austin's 1st event is friday the 29 :). Hurry up next friday

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just don't like your passive aggressive troll posts. Before your post there weren't any negative sentiments to this thread, just different things different people wanted. Keep clutching hard on your box of crayons.
There's nothing about any of my posts that reasonably fits either label you've ascribed to them, but I do agree that random negative labeling, however unreasonable, is a most excellent tactic here on Stratics. Other suggested random labels include "biased," "communist," and several others. All of which, on Stratics, mean "stuff I don't like."

*shrugs*

-Galen's player

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on what I see in some of the shard forums and what Tamais said above, it sounds like the EMs are going to do an event next week related to the expansion. On Drachenfels, it is being billed as a "global event" and it's happening in Castle Blackthorn. That makes me think that the EMs might follow a script for this event. If that is the case, I'm wondering if players are going to be squelched and the EMs will follow a script. If so, it would be awesome if some people could capture what is said and post it so those of us who don't get to attend will have some idea of what's going on with the fiction leading up to the expansion.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on what I see in some of the shard forums and what Tamais said above, it sounds like the EMs are going to do an event next week related to the expansion. On Drachenfels, it is being billed as a "global event" and it's happening in Castle Blackthorn. That makes me think that the EMs might follow a script for this event. If that is the case, I'm wondering if players are going to be squelched and the EMs will follow a script. If so, it would be awesome if some people could capture what is said and post it so those of us who don't get to attend will have some idea of what's going on with the fiction leading up to the expansion.
Along these lines I do have to say one thing potentially negative.

I'm a big supporter of the EM program and always have been, even when I rarely got to attend EM Glamdring's events on LS.

I do not, however, like the idea of EM-led global events save on rare occasions (big climax or big kick off for a broader series of events), for several reasons. One of course is that this means that someone who can't make any of the events in effect will miss the global event. Two, though, is that potentially it detracts from the EMs' own events and storylines.

I like the idea of all game-wide events having some content that, though temporary, is persistent. Single-off events are fine too but there always should be some temporary, but persistent, event content. That way if Heaven forbid I can't make any one-off events, I still can say something like "I was there for that war. I helped."

Having said that I don't recall from the post if there was some indication of if all the events will be EM-led or if there'll be some persistent content too! And I don't really feel like looking right now. The fact that it's kicking off, though, with just such an event makes me fret some. And made me fret enough to speak up.

What was everyone's sense? Or have they said one way or another explicitly and I just missed it? Am I worrying prematurely?

Either way: I will be there for GL's event barring disaster and I'll do my damnedest to be at all of them that're held. Even if my worrying is justified, I do think it's a lot better than nothing. It's worlds and worlds better than "suddenly, new stuff appears!"

And thank you very, very much for letting EM Malachi from Great Lakes author that. His knowledge of the lore and, better yet, his ability to turn that knowledge into coherent events that fit into the UO context rarely has been short of stellar.

-Galen's player

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Galen's player
I think your animosity is misplaced. This event arc is meant to usher in world changing events "an expansion". I think speculation on the end game of these events is perfectly reasonable.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Baring any unforeseen rl, I'll be posting the lake austin event with pictures. It will be interesting to see if the EMs have an actual script or if they just have a list of things that must be included.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest putting in a high hit point stomper as a boss that has a good drop. Change the drops for the artifacts of the Ararat the reason is simple we could use a monster that has good drops that takes more then one person to kill Thank you

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also if a shard does not have a reporter/dedicated person that can do this, let us know! There are several of us who would be more then happy to attend each shards event to record it :)

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I and my wife find that a lot of Em vents pander to there friends so we dont attend them some shards Ems are wishy washy making mthe shard wait on them to come around and not even have Lake Austin one is one of them.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way 3 shards that have better events are Siege,Legends and Pacific by the way i really play all 3 of them as well as Lake Austin.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Time for more useless speculation:

The Time Lord identifies the four gems as "a ruby the color of sunset, a diamond like frozen tears, a flawless imperial emerald, and a dragon’s eye sapphire". We already know that the sapphire is the Blue Gem, but we can also guess about the other three:

* the Lost King's Red Gem is the °ruby the color of sunset". We know that Mondain stole a Sun Ruby from his father King Wolfgang of Akalabeth, and turned it into the Gem of Immortality. Maybe Wolfgang was the Lost King, and he left behind other Sun Rubies hidden somewhere in Sosaria? In fact, we already know that at least one other such gem existed: the Ruby which the Shadowlords were trying to corrupt when Lady Dawn defeated them.
* Shamino's White Gem is the "diamond like frozen tears". Perhaps the frozen tears of Beatrix, his betrothed who was forever separated from him after the Shattering and died of grief on Serpent Isle?
* The Green Gem from the Lands of the Feudal Lords is the "flawless imperial emerald". I bet that it's part of the treasure of the Empress of Tokuno.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
However this plays out, it certainly promises to be interesting (and "interesting" is an understatement, no doubt).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just hope we don't have to choke down a timey-wimey "Minax never harassed Sosaria" retcon when this storyline is resolved :cursing:

Oh, Hawkwind, the Timelord, is based on Tom Baker's 4th Doctor...

Last edited:

lissa eldi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like the idea of all game-wide events having some content that, though temporary, is persistent. Single-off events are fine too but there always should be some temporary, but persistent, event content. That way if Heaven forbid I can't make any one-off events, I still can say something like "I was there for that war. I helped."

This please. :) Because I can almost never make the one-off events.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Connecting the dots...

Last Halloween, we recovered the Prophetic Manuscripts of Owain the Blind from Dungeon Doom. In these manuscript, he describes the visions of the future sent to him by the Time Lord.
One of the prophecies says:

"The greatest treasure of a long-dead king will have the power to save all lands.
Look for salvation in the shadows of the Old Lands, and in the ruins in the stars."

This might very well be a reference to Wolfgang's Sun Ruby.
And apparently we'll have to recover it from Felucca.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This might very well be a reference to Wolfgang's Sun Ruby.
And apparently we'll have to recover it from Felucca.

That would be difficult, seeing as it was shattered hundreds of years ago, the pieces being scattered hither and yon...Some in player hands, some off in the Void somewhere. Bringing it back together, according to the Sherry's Book, may very well end all life on the non-prime shards. So, let's not do that, m'kay? o.0

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would be difficult, seeing as it was shattered hundreds of years ago, the pieces being scattered hither and yon...Some in player hands, some off in the Void somewhere. Bringing it back together, according to the Sherry's Book, may very well end all life on the non-prime shards. So, let's not do that, m'kay? o.0
As I posted earlier, my speculation is that
there are other Sun Rubies in addition to the one which became the Gem of Immortality, and we're going to need one of the uncorrupted rubies.

It's just speculation on my part, but it's based on many historical hints, going all the way back to the Samurai Empire prequel events
- Minax was looking for one such ruby in Tokuno -
and to the Stygian Abyss prequel events
- The Shadowlords had found one such ruby and were trying to corrupt it -

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Ok this is great and all but why isn't this posted on the main Stratics UO news on the main page? We have these events going on and all and not a word about it until you find it buried back in the forums. If you go to UO.com you will find a lot of news that should be on the main UO Stratics page. Lets show people that are passing through that things are going on! The Focus Group thing should be there too. Just a couple things I've noticed just this week.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok this is great and all but why isn't this posted on the main Stratics UO news on the main page? We have these events going on and all and not a word about it until you find it buried back in the forums. If you go to UO.com you will find a lot of news that should be on the main UO Stratics page. Lets show people that are passing through that things are going on! The Focus Group thing should be there too. Just a couple things I've noticed just this week.
Better yet why isn't it posted on UOs web site? Now that would be NEWS.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The sapphire event AND the focus group have been posted to uo.com...where do you think we get it from? Bonnie posts it to uo.com first...then it gets fed here so we can discuss it :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sapphire event AND the focus group have been posted to uo.com...where do you think we get it from? Bonnie posts it to uo.com first...then it gets fed here so we can discuss it :)
it just gives the lore for the silver gate. there is no actual info / notification of the live events.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
In anticipation of the release the Time of Legends we are kicking off a series of in-game live events to shepherd in this exciting time within Britannia! Check out shard Event Moderator websites and in-game town criers to find out when these events will be held.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED