• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Summer Celebration Gift & New UO Store Item!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6/30/2020 Greetings, We are pleased to announce two exciting items! Firstly, as a celebration of the summer season and as a thank you to our players we invite you to visit the Britain Commons (Luna Bank on Seige Perilous) to claim a celebration wizard! The reward generators are being placed manually so we appreciate your patience while these items are deployed. The reward generators will expire on the date noted. We are also pleased to announce this month’s addition to the Ultima Store! Beautify your garden for all your summer events with this decorative garden sculpture!

Continue reading...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This must be THE BIG THING that was mentioned in January that will be the biggest thing in UO in a decade!! :hahaha:

I wonder if this was what the DEVs have been working onfor the past 4 months...
When is that supposed to happen again anyway? It went from end of March to, what, July or August?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are wicked cute so tyvm team and mostly artist for them. And we all know it is not the big announcement. Flying llamas is. Or not.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please recharge, please recharge, please recharge!

They are cute.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry but do they actually 'look' at this stuff in game in both clients before they put them in?

They are so tiny if you drop em on the floor you can barely see em. As for the charges, well I had to blast one 4 times before I could actually 'see' it do anything, and then all I got was like a tiny flash around the middle area of my toon. That's it.

This is in the EC, no idea if in the cc it is any better. Wish they wouldn't bother with this kinda stuff if they can't make it half way decent.

And before ya'll jump on the wagon saying it is free and we should be thankful they give us anything, firstly it is NOT free, I pay a monthly subscription, and secondly that subscription hasn't got any cheaper in over 17 yrs even though the content I get for that subscription has been whittled away to the bare minimum and is barely a 1/4 of what we used to get per yr in new content, items, and gameplay.

If they are gonna waste the small amount of time we have in this game at least check the things before sticking them in. It may be 'cute' but sheesh you can barely see it. Did a few extra pixels to make it larger cost more or something?

Had to bring it outside to look at it as on the regular tiled floor it basically fell in the cracks.

1593590099301.png

Sorry but do they actually 'look' at this stuff in game in both clients before they put them in?

They are so tiny if you drop em on the floor you can barely see em. As for the charges, well I had to blast one 4 times before I could actually 'see' it do anything, and then all I got was like a tiny flash around the middle area of my toon. That's it.

This is in the EC, no idea if in the cc it is any better. Wish they wouldn't bother with this kinda stuff if they can't make it half way decent.

And before ya'll jump on the wagon saying it is free and we should be thankful they give us anything, firstly it is NOT free, I pay a monthly subscription, and secondly that subscription hasn't got any cheaper in over 17 yrs even though the content I get for that subscription has been whittled away to the bare minimum and is barely a 1/4 of what we used to get per yr in new content, items, and gameplay.

If they are gonna waste the small amount of time we have in this game at least check the things before sticking them in. It may be 'cute' but sheesh you can barely see it. Did a few extra pixels to make it larger cost more or something?

Had to bring it outside to look at it as on the regular tiled floor it basically fell in the cracks.

View attachment 109752
It is nice, but it is a shame that it is identical to the EM drop... I think the size is great because then you can maybe raise it to sit on a shelf or something fancy.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

Guys, these things are already on a shelf! (they're specifically designed to go "on" a wall) These are like the creepy elf-on-a-shelf dolls you see at Christmas, just a wizard. There are several different kinds in the art files already, so buckle up for more.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The EMs are getting new tools... And we are gonna be exposed to the largest audience evah!!!! All is gonna be better and brighter in the world, faeries will be dancing in the streets. [/sarcasm]

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The players came back in droves and then no doubt they all left again, Summer is always a quiet time in UO, the Devs missed their chance.

The players came back in droves and then no doubt they all left again, Summer is always a quiet time in UO, the Devs missed their chance.
It is crazy how much the population has dropped off in the past week. It is rather depressing how quiet it is... Coming back two months ago to an unreal population to ghost town now is wild, but as I put it, they don't care about the game; otherwise, more enforcement would occur such as mitigating duping. However, they are quick to broadcast how they are cracking down on macroing, language/harassment, and other things in the newsletter, but no real new content. I was corrected and told that UO is burnt out/exhausted, which it shows in the quality of content being provided.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is crazy how much the population has dropped off in the past week. It is rather depressing how quiet it is... Coming back two months ago to an unreal population to ghost town now is wild, but as I put it, they don't care about the game; otherwise, more enforcement would occur such as mitigating duping. However, they are quick to broadcast how they are cracking down on macroing, language/harassment, and other things in the newsletter, but no real new content. I was corrected and told that UO is burnt out/exhausted, which it shows in the quality of content being provided.

Correction, they aren't cracking down on language at all. Or so says the wife who plays Atlantic lol. She says it's ridiculous what they say and get away with.
And considering all things, half the other numbers are probably made up

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is crazy how much the population has dropped off in the past week.
I noticed the same thing... a pretty stark drop off compared to a month prior. I think it is partially to do with people returning to work but I also think it's because you can only do the same thing over and over before you get bored with it. The invasion was cool for the first few weeks but it's boring now. While I would love new content; I'd be satisfied with recycled content. I think starting back up older events just for a month at a time would at least keep people interested for a week or 2 (each month) until actual new content comes out.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

Guys, these things are already on a shelf! (they're specifically designed to go "on" a wall) These are like the creepy elf-on-a-shelf dolls you see at Christmas, just a wizard. There are several different kinds in the art files already, so buckle up for more.
Yeah I noticed the little piece of shelf that comes with it....thought it was super cute! Wizard on a Shelf! I love it!

The little garden statue in the store....I had to look at it on my phone and zoom WAY in before I could figure out what it was....and since I am a HUGE fan of garden fairies and have a fairy garden in my yard (IRL) I LOVE this little garden statue! Hope they add more!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought it was a tiny wizard sitting on a bench.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I thought it was a word but Stratics was saying it wasn't....

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am randomly coming back to say I love these little Wizards lol glad it is one per shard per account, too, so I don't get too many XD

Shame though because not sure if they recharge and too scared to try XD

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please recharge, please recharge, please recharge!

They are cute.
I am randomly coming back to say I love these little Wizards lol glad it is one per shard per account, too, so I don't get too many XD

Shame though because not sure if they recharge and too scared to try XD
I had a guildmate use two charges yesterday to see the animation. He's still down two charges today, so I'm guessing no recharge.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a guildmate use two charges yesterday to see the animation. He's still down two charges today, so I'm guessing no recharge.
Noooo! Ah so I will used them as deco I suppose :( Hahaha
Thank you guys for confirmation, I was thinking of loading it onto a Test Center

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are the same fireworks as from the hand cannon we got a few years ago from a token. I use the same one I got years ago. Hasn't ran out yet.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Did they actually look at it in-game before they made it available? It could be a bit bigger and the effect could be a bit easier to see, but I guess it is cute...I think they should have saved it for Christmas and made it a little Santa though. It's not really saying 'Summer' to me. I suppose it can be hard after 23 years to come up with new stuff.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Did they actually look at it in-game before they made it available? It could be a bit bigger and the effect could be a bit easier to see, but I guess it is cute...I think they should have saved it for Christmas and made it a little Santa though. It's not really saying 'Summer' to me. I suppose it can be hard after 23 years to come up with new stuff.
Its a Flea mage! Fleas are small..:devil:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like that they made something small for a change. A lot of items are enormously oversized (I'm looking at you, mutant Little Shop of Horrors "amaryllis").

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's a good point that so many items in recent years seemed over-sized some of them are hideous but at the same time they are swinging from one extreme to another here. It's either huge or it's tiny, they should try making things somewhere in the middle and actually looking at how they appear in the game not just as a disconnected item on their screen. Look at the older items, before we went big and bulky, if the old artists could do it then surely it's possible the new lady can.

Reactions: Mil

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I like that they made something small for a change. A lot of items are enormously oversized (I'm looking at you, mutant Little Shop of Horrors "amaryllis").
You are a positive thinker. Kind of wish we did not have to use the magnifying lens to see the Flea mage. But I agree with you, its ok, and appreciated and better than nothing.

1594001490289.png

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You are a positive thinker. Kind of wish we did not have to use the magnifying lens to see the Flea mage. But I agree with you, its ok, and appreciated and better than nothing.

View attachment 109911
I think this marks the first time I've ever been called a positive thinker. *marks calendar*