• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Sorcerer Dungeon Issue

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember the spawn rate being better on TC too. Seems slower on real shards now, anyway we can boost this up too. @Kyronix

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about a response on the skeleton issue as well? Do we wait? Do we forget it? what?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone cranked the spawn rate on GL last night up to 11. There were only 3 players and it was nearly unmanageable.

That being said, that's what the spawn rate should be all the time. Just need to set the miniboss-summoning threshold a higher so more trash mobs spawn.

ATM, room 2 is sp0awning pathetic things 2-4 at a time and I'm having a hard time caring.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last night, LA was bouncing between tiny spawns and massive spawns back and forth.

Today, I log on and it is broken, with an empty dungeon.

As for Paragons:

The Fairy is WAY OP paragon.
The Snowman wouldn't be as bad as a paragon, but the constant waves of paragon balrons and blood foxes made it take as long as the para fairy. If not for the spawn, it would have died in 1/4 the actual time it took.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not a fan. Like everything else, theye take it too far.

1st year-Doom. Just log on at your convenience and go kill what you always killed. Just have fun without a lot of struccture and rules...

2nd year-Kotl. I bit more structured, but fun after you figured it out, except the 800k it cost to start it up. And you couldn't just run do it, it took a bit to get in and get it started...so time to start and see all the way thru had to be allotted in your schedule.

3rd year...Terrible Skittles. Built like a champ spawn, but with paragon champs that take forever to kill...AND they don't even drop anything! And no matter what is said, I believe the paragon odds were turned up some for this event. Anyway, I see myself being done with this very soon, very very soon.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, server maintenance on Balhae was two hours ago and the dungeon/Ilshenar are still empty.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
upload_2017-10-3_22-15-50.png upload_2017-10-3_22-49-53.png
I hope this absurdity will be addressed too. This was with her discorded.
It is just ridiculous and frustrating. 180 wrestling would be plenty for her paragon form.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A few clarifications on the mess.

1. It's not just the one dungeon. It's the entire West Ilshenar Subserver. So, anything East of the line from the Pass of Karnaugh (only the east side of the building is occupied) down to the server line between Justice and the Sacrifice Healer Grove still have spawn.
  2. The only creatures present west of the line are the champ spawns at Humility and Valor (and in Exodus Dungeon with its F'd up spawn from the Exodus event)
  3. Some of the other areas appeared to have spawn earlier, but apparently as the creatures despawned, they weren't replaced (for example, the bandit/mage village between honor and Terort Skitas was occupied even after the dungeon went empty). Some of the Yellow NPCs appear to be immune, but everyone/everything else is gone, including inside the Central/Ankh dungeon, and the Serpentine Passage.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm not a fan. Like everything else, theye take it too far.
2nd year-Kotl. I bit more structured, but fun after you figured it out, except the 800k it cost to start it up. And you couldn't just run do it, it took a bit to get in and get it started...so time to start and see all the way thru had to be allotted in your schedule.
The only time my husband and I did that part of Kotl was on guild hunts, other than that we just stayed in the first room and killed small critters, still got a steady supply of arties. The rest just wasn't worth the hassle.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This event does no longer have bugs.... meanwhile we could speak 'bout worms and wormholes.... ;).....
and again no spawn on DF at this time....

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think Sorcerer Dungeon is somewhat similar to Kotl, just kill the army of spawns to get a drop. The only difference now is they introduced a boss to irritate you from the routine and does not drop anything. So weird, why are some still bothered about killing boss and comparing to Kotl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If this is similiar to Kotl/whatever else or not - I will play now and fact is - there's again no spawn ....;)

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone know how long it’s going to be extended?
Hopefully through all of November

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With the way it's going they should put Christmas content in there and leave it on til the end of the year....I mean they already have Jack the Pumpkin King..throw in the Oogy Boogy man and Sally and we're set! :)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope they fix this soon - so that we have a chance to play this before November is passing by ;).....

Drachenfels, Balhae and Airang, perhaps also Napa and more Shards still withouut spawn - and till now not any poops *sorry* when this ugly bug finally will be fixed....

I for myself would have also have such this fun as you others have on Origin, Atlantic and whereever else this event works fine ;)

3 Days now on Drachenfels without any change to collect minis or just having fun - so don't lame about the way others play ;)

Last edited:

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hoping the shards missing the fun get the Halloween content and maybe some bonus turn in points when they finally have it fixed. Thankfully Napa has up and running for days now.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have any idea why at least four shards (Arirang, Balhae, Drachenfels, and Lake Austin) have had half of Ilshenar (including Terort Skitas) turned off? I read in one of these threads that someone said Bleak said something about it being a problem to turn up the spawn rate in the dungeon. Could it be that the servers which house these four shards simply cannot handle this new content and these shards were chosen to turn off until a solution is found? Is it possible that the solution will end up being that next week it will be Arirang and Balhae that are turned on and Formosa is turned off, Drachenfels is turned on and Europa is turned off, Lake Austin is turned on and Baja or Napa (or maybe even Origin) is turned off?

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Come on, you know they dont communicate much. Hey Devs!, if ya cant fix the crap, just turn Doom or Kotl back on, geeez....
They were even more fun!

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Come on, you know they dont communicate much. Hey Devs!, if ya cant fix the crap, just turn Doom or Kotl back on, geeez....
They were even more fun!
I like kotl style but perhaps updated rewards table with new arties...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bleak's statement doesn't appear to be directly related to the issue, unless he tried to manipulate something and broke mob generation code going back to Third Dawn for that subserver.

All appearances are that the shards with the broken west Ilshenar are just that - BROKEN. Not "shut down"; BROKEN. The shards affected are about the opposite one would expect for deliberate shutdowns - but are ones that, if the spawn numbers weren't kept down, because the spawn went unworked for a while, could have screwed up something over server maintenance if the existing code wasn't set up for it.

Hell, it almost sounds like the managed resources / biosphere that they originally meant for UO, where if X of something existed, it would stop spawning. Only there was a bit overflow, or something, to where the server code is trying to divide by zero or what should be a positive number in a formula has been turned negative. There's a reason, for example, piles are limited to 60,000, not 64k, and it's specifically to avoid that kind of bug, after it screwed many things up over a decade ago. And, don't forget where Smith BODs were screwed up for most of a decade because someone, somewhere, removed a closing parenthesis from the functioning code by accident, when tweaking it - it didn't STOP the code from working - it just made it have unintended results.

Soul.Train

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously the Devs are showing their Big Interest in solving problems of Shards like DF.... the last posting of them about this issue is from 03 October..... it would be interesting to know if the same problems happened to Atlantic how they would react / act. Maybe im wrong but a professionell Quality Management would keep in touch with the affected Customers to show they are interested in solving the issue as soon as possible....

Velner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
On Siege Perilous, we have a single room that will spawn with no mini-bosses. It's been the same room since the event was turned back on on our server. It's not as cool but at least we can get the artifact drops.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Obviously the Devs are showing their Big Interest in solving problems of Shards like DF.... the last posting of them about this issue is from 03 October..... it would be interesting to know if the same problems happened to Atlantic how they would react / act. Maybe im wrong but a professionell Quality Management would keep in touch with the affected Customers to show they are interested in solving the issue as soon as possible....
We should all be used to the cone of silence by now. But it still chaps me lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most online games I have experience with, including both MMOs and Facebook games with millions of users, it's the exact opposite.

They'll work on a major issue, and if they've not got an immediate resolution to report (as in a hotfix going in right that minute, or a temporary fix for people test), they WILL SAY NOTHING AT ALL while they continue working on it, as to not get the player base thinking that an issue is about to be resolved quickly (as that often backfires). Hell, some games won't report a fix until AFTER it's been live for a while, because too often their fixes aren't, or are broken in other ways (example: Most games ran by Zynga).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
While I have to agree that hearing nothing after a week is very frustrating...they actually said everything they needed to say in that post.

We are aware of the issues some of the shards are having with the spawn being broken in the Sorcerer’s Dungeon. We are looking into this issue and will extend the active period after it is corrected.

They KNOW about it
They are trying to fix it
Once they do, they will let it run longer

End of story.

We'll hear something when it's fixed. Hopefully sooner rather then later :) I don't want it to interfere with Christmas content and the Artisan festival BUT like I said somewhere else, just throw the Oogy Boogy man and Lock, Shock and Barrel down in the dungeon and it will be Halloween/Christmas Content :) I could totally live with that!

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hm... I found it rather very interessting that it takes now over 10 days tommorow to fix this ;)

Soul.Train

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most online games I have experience with, including both MMOs and Facebook games with millions of users, it's the exact opposite.

They'll work on a major issue, and if they've not got an immediate resolution to report (as in a hotfix going in right that minute, or a temporary fix for people test), they WILL SAY NOTHING AT ALL while they continue working on it, as to not get the player base thinking that an issue is about to be resolved quickly (as that often backfires). Hell, some games won't report a fix until AFTER it's been live for a while, because too often their fixes aren't, or are broken in other ways (example: Most games ran by Zynga).
Dear Basara.... im looking forward... next time when your Internetprovider is in trouble and you cant connect to the internet .... and of course you are paying for his service... im sure you will stay cool and friendly and tell him to take his time to fix the problem ... after the first week passed........... ;)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO desperately needs a community manager so customer disservice like this is a rarity, instead of the norm.

A simple "Still working on it!" would go a long ways towards placating their subscribers and would only cost them a few moments of time and a little face.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to report dungeon went back up today hope the other shards that were down were fixed as well(Lake Austin) Yay finally

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it true that the Christmas content has already failed internal testing and is expected to not be activated until January ? /sarcasm

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it true that the Christmas content has already failed internal testing and is expected to not be activated until January ? /sarcasm
No I believe your confused or misunderstood. It’s the Valentines gifts that aren’t working those might be 4th of July items.
As for the vet rewards and Christmas gifts they haven’t had time to test them yet ;)

In all honesty I’m sure their working hard

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arirang and Balhae had server maintenance an hour ago and still lack the Sorcerer's Dungeon content.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I did just check there Tina!

Checked DF too and no joy.....but if SOME have gone back online that might be good news....keeping my fingers crossed!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mugen still doesn't have the dungeon content either. Their maintenance was just over 3 hours ago.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix can you guys do something about these paragon nightmare fairys? I have never wanted to smash something while playing a game ever in my life.. That is until i met one of these.. This is insane, 8 of us can not even get it below 96% health for over 2 hours.. There is no way to kill one, it peaces you non stop and heals repeatedly.
That mini boss spawns as a paragon 99.9% of the time on Origin..we killed it :) Just need the right variety of pets and people...hard..took us about an hour.....training my phoenix now, I think that will help.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Teamwork....having people who control the spawn, help heal pets and each other....we had a GD, two Cu's, a spellweaving mystic mage, sampire....and then I brought down a second char just to throw EV's and heal/rez. Run in, cast EV's, get peaced...run out..run another char in...heal a few times, get peaced..run out...had a stealth tamer there helping to vet pets....it's tricky but with teamwork it went pretty smoothly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how did you kill it when it peaces non stop?

which pets did you use?
The para Fairy has low fire resist. It kills a single pet fast. But if you put two fire Beetles on it, they seem to stay alive on their own. Also any other pet helps because the beetles have Rune Corruption. Takes a while to kill. We had one on LS for 6 hours until people got serious and wanted to advance it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Definately teamwork... pets (I use either my disco/concussion blast Cu or my Fire Drake with mysticism and goo... which either one seems to work well)... or my mystic/mage/weaver 120 all... with a level 3 primer and a 6 focus casts that reaper... and then hits the entire room with waves of Thunderstorm... Along with 2 or 3 other weavers doing the reapers it seems to work ok...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Teamwork....having people who control the spawn, help heal pets and each other....we had a GD, two Cu's, a spellweaving mystic mage, sampire....and then I brought down a second char just to throw EV's and heal/rez. Run in, cast EV's, get peaced...run out..run another char in...heal a few times, get peaced..run out...had a stealth tamer there helping to vet pets....it's tricky but with teamwork it went pretty smoothly.
Some people’s ideas of enjoyable game play is anther persons, ... nvm

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I honestly think sometimes that Broadsword got their customer service training from Dell Support.

Me) - Hi my new Alienware laptop is give me a random BSOD. This laptop is just 4 months old.

DellSupport) - Is you computer plugged in? This is very much problem.

Me) Uhh it has to be plugged in to get the BSOD

DellSupport) Have you tried rebooting your computer? This often helps.

Me) Yessssss and it still happens.

DellSupport) Are you making sure your computer is turned on this too is often problem.

Me) -- Um never mind. Apparently I called the wrong number, I see there is a specific number for Alienware customers.

So I hang up called the Alienware support number... DANG! A couple of questions and the guys was Oh I know what this is we had this alot, some of the drives aren't updating correctly and it causing all kinds of havoc for our customers.

He did a remote and fixed the crap that wasn't updating and the mircoShyte crap that said it was updating when it wasn't.

I have an idea! Let's "upgrade" all of Broadsword to Windows 10 Home POS er I meant to say Premium. hehehehe

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dear Basara.... im looking forward... next time when your Internetprovider is in trouble and you cant connect to the internet .... and of course you are paying for his service... im sure you will stay cool and friendly and tell him to take his time to fix the problem ... after the first week passed........... ;)
You know, there have only been two times that that's happened - and I was polite both times,

because the first time was because a TORNADO took out a couple hundred YARDS of fiber optic leading out of London, KY, which rendered FIVE COUNTIES without cable, phone or internet (INCLUDING cell phone connections out of the affected area) for over a week.

the second time was because a road crew in the next county over severed a fiber optic line doing road work, killing the same utilities for just one county - and the main delay was getting a repair crew in for that level of Fiber cable on short notice.

You know, you'd sound more authoritive if you tried to compare apples to apples, instead of apples to rocks. Maybe one day you'll actually take something other than "Word for Freshmen" and find out how most companies handle software outages caused by broken code.

(though, there was the time my provider wanted me to call them to help set up my router with VOIP, and I couldn't get them to understand that I was in a cell-dead area, and that my only phone service for the house was through the non-functioning router because I couldn't get cell signals from ANY company there - I finally had to go to their local office, and had the supervisor there call support, and have the support supervisor tell the stupid script-readers to bypass that step - but that, like your silly thing, is hardware, not software).