• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Server Maintenance

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy Holidays Everyone, It is that time again to do maintenance on all warehouses. At 8 am ET on 12/24/2021 we will be bringing down the log in servers, character transfers, housing, and the in game store. These will be down for approx. 2 hours at the most. If anything happens to delay this we will let you guys know as soon as possible. From our UO family to yours, we wish each and everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you in 2022! Keep an eye out for Santa his Elf’s are a little sneaky! […]

Continue reading...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what could go wrong... bring'n everything down on the day before Christmas break when no one is going to be around for a week after to fix anything if something should go wrong.

/sarcasm

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just an FYI for all of you who play the roulette with your accounts... ie paying 1 of every 4 months... these sorts of updates often will affect that causing you to lose your house... Just saying. I know most of you don't pay much mind to things... but will say I happen to know that any time they mess with that server... things fall which supposedly shouldn't.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or should just saying

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So am I the only one who's bracing for something horrible to happen?
Probably. Most of us will be asleep at that time. It is only the log in servers, the game will still be going for those who were already on.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Probably. Most of us will be asleep at that time. It is only the log in servers, the game will still be going for those who were already on.
The problem wouldn't be during the down time. The problem would be after it's done, or supposed to be. Though I see no indication that anything horrible actually did happen, which is good.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The problem wouldn't be during the down time. The problem would be after it's done, or supposed to be. Though I see no indication that anything horrible actually did happen, which is good.
Aside from VS not working (on ATL) and you cannot copy a character to TC. I haven't tried shard transfer but a little scared to try lol

1640433638034.png

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an FYI for all of you who play the roulette with your accounts... ie paying 1 of every 4 months... these sorts of updates often will affect that causing you to lose your house... Just saying. I know most of you don't pay much mind to things... but will say I happen to know that any time they mess with that server... things fall which supposedly shouldn't.
That is a good warning. I've been doing every 2½ months, just in case. This time I did just under two months so I could align my accounts that hold houses.

On the other hand, if BS pulls a stunt befitting its name that prevents a bunch of us from reactivating, that might be a good final impetus to quit for good.