• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Rising Tide TC Release 3

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2/22/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the next update to Test Center of Rising Tide will be available after 4pm ET! This update focuses on a variety of bug fixes, as well as some tweaks to the Rising Tide event! Check out the publish notes for full details! We would like to thank everyone who has participated in testing the Rising Tide event so far! The turnin data has been reset based on recent tweaks and encourage everyone to participate in testing the event during our public test event this weekend – the time for feedback is running out! Please also […]

Continue reading...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ugh once again a weekend event... I'll be working... hope you have fun all.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just got home...logged in....got my.....um....new pet?

Haven't done much testing this go around...but this....um...new pet...is....not exactly what I had pictured when I saw the name....

Has anyone gone out with it? Does it swim? It looks like.....a slug? With front legs......

I was REALLY excited about a new pet......

I guess I'll have to see what it does....if it swims....that would be neat.....

Looks the same in both clients which is nice.

Triton.png

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just got home...logged in....got my.....um....new pet?

Haven't done much testing this go around...but this....um...new pet...is....not exactly what I had pictured when I saw the name....

Has anyone gone out with it? Does it swim? It looks like.....a slug? With front legs......

I was REALLY excited about a new pet......

I guess I'll have to see what it does....if it swims....that would be neat.....

Looks the same in both clients which is nice.

View attachment 94902

Same graphic as a Lava Elemental

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Same graphic as a Lava Elemental
Yeah...which does NOT say Triton to me!

First thing I think of is King Triton from The Little Mermaid :/ lol

But usually it's a half fish/half human creature....which this is not...

It's...interesting....will have to play around with it a bit to see if it grows on me :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why am I the only one that can not reach the clicky to get one?!

They ugly.

upload_2019-2-22_18-37-16.png

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
  • Increased the likelihood of receiving maritime trade cargo from plunderbeacons, lighthouses will now drop cargo of “Mythical” quality, worth considerably more than any other loot (Note: This will show as a green CliLoc error until a new client is deployed in a future release).
  • Soooo guess high mod no name legendary artifacts are done for...... surprised there isn't a panic sell yet.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Umm what is "Mythical" loot?? Are these lighthouses/plunderbeacons a instanced type fight thing??

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No idea but thinking more on it maybe it's just worth more cargo points for turn in. Gonna have to test it but if someone else does please let us know.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
plunderbeacon is basically a floating dock with a lighthouse with two ships attached, guarded by orcs.
kill the orcs and the lighthouse

spawn nearby is krakens, sea serpents

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Plunderbeacons are a new stationary enemy ship type in the High Seas.

Mythical loot refers to the quality of the Maritime Cargo Crates you get fighting things on the high seas.

You can get Grandmaster, Exalted, and Legendary quality cargo. Now they added Mythical:

It has nothing to do with dropped gear, mod counts, or item intensity.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the clarification and the information on the beacons. Glad you included the picture. Man those orcs are expert shipbuilders.........

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As for the ugly pet, remember that supposedly the not exactly pretty Manatee was supposedly what was mistaken for beautiful mermaids. Why not a similar spin for something else that is supposedly a human/fish hybrid?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is it meant to be aquatic? If so then using a model from a land-based creature wouldn't work very well. It would need webbed feet at least and maybe a more flat, paddle type tail.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's a Serpent model, Serpent's can be aquatic and terrestrial. besides, it has tiny little front feet, no back feet and a large tail. does it look like it's terrestrial?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It just looks hideous...as Larisa said it's a slug with front legs. If it looked more like a newt it would be okay I think...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
it's a Serpent model, Serpent's can be aquatic and terrestrial. besides, it has tiny little front feet, no back feet and a large tail. does it look like it's terrestrial?
So explain the lave lizard then....

Poor thing is dragging his huge tail around on two TINY little front legs.....now the poor Triton is doing the same! Like a tadpole that didn't quite understand what it was supposed to do!

It's okay though, we got a new pet! I'm still excited about that...and I get that it's less work using a current model rather then trying to create a new one....more time to spend on other things so I get that too!

So...I am happy with a new pet...not quite so happy with the way it looks....

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So explain the lave lizard then....

Poor thing is dragging his huge tail around on two TINY little front legs.....now the poor Triton is doing the same! Like a tadpole that didn't quite understand what it was supposed to do!

It's okay though, we got a new pet! I'm still excited about that...and I get that it's less work using a current model rather then trying to create a new one....more time to spend on other things so I get that too!

So...I am happy with a new pet...not quite so happy with the way it looks....
easy peasey, it's a LAVA lizard it swims in the lava, and they use their little front legs to come out of the lava and chew on your cute little arse @Larisa. :p
but back to reality, they appear to be modeled on a mudskipper which is an amphibious creature that lives in tidal pools and uses its little front feet to get from pool to pool, just as i imagine a Lava serpent uses it's to get from lava pool to lava pool in UO. anything els you want me to explain :D

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mudskipper.....is NOT a Triton....

They could have called it....oh I don't know....a Sea Skipper or ...something more along the lines of what it actually looks like...

When you hear the word TRITON....you think of this:

Triton2.jpg

OR this:

Triton3.jpg

Or even this: :)

Triton4.jpg

NOT this....(Which is a mud skipper)

Mudskillper.jpg

So yes, I agree that it looks more like a mud skipper....so CALL it that or something similar...don't get our hopes up and call it a triton and give us....whatever it is that we got :/ lol

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you
Mudskipper.....is NOT a Triton....

They could have called it....oh I don't know....a Sea Skipper or ...something more along the lines of what it actually looks like...

When you hear the word TRITON....you think of this:

View attachment 94940

OR this:

View attachment 94941

Or even this: :)

View attachment 94942

NOT this....(Which is a mud skipper)

View attachment 94943

So yes, I agree that it looks more like a mud skipper....so CALL it that or something similar...don't get our hopes up and call it a triton and give us....whatever it is that we got :/ lol
you didn't ask me to justify the Triton, just to explain the Lava Lizrd, which i did. :scholar:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The Mudskipper is cute but it has little flippers and a proper swimming tail, what we have doesn't....it's thick at the part where the back legs should be, not streamlined for swimming.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Mudskipper is cute but it has little flippers and a proper swimming tail, what we have doesn't....it's thick at the part where the back legs should be, not streamlined for swimming.
I bet it can swim just fine. Especially since it’s a pixel creature and it could be coded to.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well without having the artists tie up all their time with one new pet (which probably would have taken MONTHS).... what creature in UO would you have color changed to produce a "Triton"? Really aren't many choices they went with what they had.

I'll tell you I would have picked a "Sea Dog" and color changed a CuSidhe to some sea color... and not used Triton... but my guess is they wanted a Triton sticking with UO lore... so there you are.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
UO - reality or fiction? All my time here I believed it to be fiction.

If that is true then something called a Triton (and looks nothing like what we know as one/him) but looks like a Mudskipper/Manatee cross seems remotely logical. Also consider the Dev team in all this.