• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Rising Tide Release to Origin, Izumo, & Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3/12/2019 Greetings, Rising Tide will be deployed manually to Origin, Izumo, & Baja today. Check out the latest publish notes for the full list of updates. Please note, until Rising Tide has been deployed world wide character transfers to/from other shards to/from Origin, Izumo, or Baja will be disabled. We are currently planning to deploy Rising Tide world wide on March 19, 2019. We want to make a very special thank you to everyone who visited TC1 and provided feedback. See you on the High Seas, UO Team

Continue reading...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
..and, as usual, some things made it into the update that did not make it into the publish notes.
Your pet healing sabretooth won't swallow a communication crystal any more, and this is probably true of pet triceratops and pet lion too.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any walk through for new content available? Pirates and ship hunts?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hopefully, there is a LOT of content/rewards missing, even though it is "live" on these 3 shards. At least I hope so, because what I have seen so far doesn't interest me at all. Unless all the new items will be out when it goes to all shards, I have zero desire to spend the time for 3 lame "rewards" *cough,cough* @Bleak @Kyronix

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Killing water elementals at Ilshenar Justice got me bupkis*.

*Did that get turned into a breakfast food? If it did, here's an alternative: I got jack omelet. So apparently you have to be on a ship to get the prizes.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kyronix stated they will be continually adding rewards. Kids these days and their demand for instant gratification.

And remember the cargo can also be turned into towns for money to their treasury, this is great for smaller shards.

Yes, Laura, you need to be on a boat, its high seas content.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kids these days and their demand for instant gratification.
ROFL. I prefer to think of it as expectations, rather than "instant gratification". I think, when it goes "live" the rewards should be available. If not, it would be like saying, when Shadowguard opened, no Cameos, or Hawkwinds robes are available, but, they will be, at some point. Why bother until they are. My opinion of course, and FYI, "kids" is kind of insulting. It's obviously OK to disagree, but come on, "kids", really?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ROFL. I prefer to think of it as expectations, rather than "instant gratification". I think, when it goes "live" the rewards should be available. If not, it would be like saying, when Shadowguard opened, no Cameos, or Hawkwinds robes are available, but, they will be, at some point. Why bother until they are. My opinion of course, and FYI, "kids" is kind of insulting. It's obviously OK to disagree, but come on, "kids", really?

It was an attempt to be funny, Not insult, since we know the player base is vastly comprised of adults over the age of 30. Sometimes as players we want it all...now. If only patience was a virtue...

He did mention rewards over time though, so to me that is what the expectation should be. Especially since the rewards on Baja are the ones that were available on tc. Sometimes we as players have unrealistic expectations and that just leads to disappointment. The expectation should be it's the same as tc, and maybe the ww release will be more rewards and then I'll be pleasantly surprised there is more.

I don't particularly have a problem if all of the rewards aren't released at the get go. Gives us plenty of time to farm with less competition~ I need some shoulder parrots.... and I have 800m to collect for Vesper and of course to save up for possible triton rewards.

And for the record, I have never cared for high seas, I only saw pirates as a means of training pets, but now I am actually getting on boats with @Khyro and watching him scuttle them and cheering him on as he does so...

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It was an attempt to be funny, Not insult, since we know the player base is vastly comprised of adults over the age of 30. Sometimes as players we want it all...now. If only patience was a virtue...

He did mention rewards over time though, so to me that is what the expectation should be. Especially since the rewards on Baja are the ones that were available on tc. Sometimes we as players have unrealistic expectations and that just leads to disappointment. The expectation should be it's the same as tc, and maybe the ww release will be more rewards and then I'll be pleasantly surprised there is more.

I don't particularly have a problem if all of the rewards aren't released at the get go. Gives us plenty of time to farm with less competition~ I need some shoulder parrots.... and I have 800m to collect for Vesper and of course to save up for possible triton rewards.

And for the record, I have never cared for high seas, I only saw pirates as a means of training pets, but now I am actually getting on boats with @Khyro and watching him scuttle them and cheering him on as he does so...
DON'T YOU DARE TRY AND MAKE JOKES! *looks for safe space*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure there will be more rewards next week. Triton was tested and other things do not need to be tested. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh well I need a few shoulder parrots.