• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Return of Counselors

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought there would be many of you that would be interested in this. Baja seems to have an abundance of fine people that would be great for this program:

The following is posted on UHall:

Game
2014 Feb 24 21:10 GMT

We are going to reinstate the Counselor Program back into UO! At this time I would like to know if we have any players that would be interested in volunteering for these positions. Below are the requirements:

• Must be 18 years old
  • Must have an active account
  • Must have an account in good standing
  • Have great game knowledge
  • Desire to help and work with others
We are making a few alterations to make the program work with all the changes that have been made currently so it will not be active for a bit but if you are interested in being considered for a volunteer Position please email [email protected] with the following information:
  • account name (no passwords)
  • shard you play on
  • time zone you live in
I understand most of you have your accounts full of characters so you will be given a work account for this task.

Continue reading... UO News, Today at 3:32 PM

Here is a link to the thread on UHall

[UO.Com] Return of Counselors

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOC:
Counselors are no longer needed for two reasons:
1. There are no newbies
2. General chat exists. Get help from a variety of genuinely helpful people.

To support these, the system by default should put all new characters into general chat, and start all Young characters with a messagebox describing how to talk in general chat (start your sentence with a comma space).

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
Counselors are no longer needed for two reasons:
1. There are no newbies
2. General chat exists. Get help from a variety of genuinely helpful people.

To support these, the system by default should put all new characters into general chat, and start all Young characters with a messagebox describing how to talk in general chat (start your sentence with a comma space).
I agree with Laura.

While it's a nice gesture, this isn't the kick in the pants that UO desperately needs.

On the other hand, it can't hurt so I'm not against it, but it's going to be mostly pointless. Just another "official" figure that the public fawn over and eventually target unfairly.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Counselors always provided services to young and old players alike. Or at least what was considered older players for that time period. :p Even today how often do you hear someone complain about never getting a GM in game? A Counselor did not have the powers that a GM had but they were able to answer many of the issues that players were having within a reasonable amount of time.
And Yeah, I agree about the chat. As far as I know a new player has no way to even know there is such a thing as chat.

Now comes a new scenario. And yes I'm a dreamer, an optimist. Acknowledged! Don't hate me for it. I work at it. It's a conscious decision.

If I were involved with Broadsword, which I'm not, I would have a top 10 list of things to done. An item, somewhere around item #5 that would be GET MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS, aka more players into to the game. You can argue about the placement of the item in the list but it has to be there somewhere.

In order to prepare for that, item #4 would be FIND AND TRAIN STAFF FOR INGAME SUPPORT. Training takes time and finding people who have the knowledge and patience to be a counselor is going to be a full time task I would think.

It's a big positive step and statement that Bonnie has made here. I hope some of you will consider sending in an application.

Cheers!

AW