• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Removing Stygian Abyss from the Origin Store

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, In preparation for the release of Endless Journey we are removing the Stygian Abyss and Stygian Abyss +30 day game time codes from the Origin Store as of 1pm ET February 6th, 2018. Stygian Abyss will be applied to all accounts for free when we publish Endless Journey this spring. While we are removing SA from the store now you can still apply codes if they are valid to use. Thank you, Mesanna

Continue reading...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
questions for @Mesanna ?? 30 day game time codes, this is the same codes we buy to get 30 days of play time? Are you removing them? If so how is one to pay to keep active accounts with Housing and not lose housing on your home shards?? And will this also affect housing on Siege?? I had the understanding that if you played "Endless Journey" no housing for you?

Never mind the question was answer below by @AtlanticRealtor

Last edited:

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@Drakelord PLS READ the news!!,

but PLS READ and make sure you understand the content of the text!!

They are removing the Stygian Abyss (New Account + 30 Days of Game Time) CODE as you see the picture below!!

This have NOTHING to do with the regular 30 days Game Time Code!!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah they always do that, and then there's no continuation.

frustrating lol

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah they always do that, and then there's no continuation.

frustrating lol
It's a RSS feed with a set amount of the beginning of a post that it copies before giving a link to the original. This was just a really short post.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This will be nice as I never bothered to upgrade half of my accts with SA and despite a few things being frustrating like not being able to use SA Required armor and weapons I doubt I ever would have.

Zaiko

Visitor
Is there an ETA on this? I'm just returning and hadn't purchased Stygian Abyss. I've been trying to find anyone who still has a code that works but not even any of the brokers I've found have them. Feels kind of hard to play the current game without SA. Just hoping it's sooner rather than later, a bit frustrating.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there an ETA on this? I'm just returning and hadn't purchased Stygian Abyss. I've been trying to find anyone who still has a code that works but not even any of the brokers I've found have them. Feels kind of hard to play the current game without SA. Just hoping it's sooner rather than later, a bit frustrating.
Get Time of Legends. It has good armor in the meantime.

Zaiko

Visitor
Get Time of Legends. It has good armor in the meantime.
Thanks. I hadn't realized some of the armor only required time of legends to equip and not SA. That should definitely help! Still would be nice to know when it's coming to know if I should keep on with my search for a code.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. I hadn't realized some of the armor only required time of legends to equip and not SA. That should definitely help! Still would be nice to know when it's coming to know if I should keep on with my search for a code.
You can already recall or gate to Ter Mur and enter the Underworld. You just can't pop over there using house teleporterse or the public moongates. You can start hunting there and collecting resources while you wait for the actual upgrade to use the skills and equipment.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I saw that. But can a new account not upgrade to SA until then? Sorry just a bit confusing.
No, but can you imagine the outrage if they let them pay the fee to upgrade and then gave it away for free a month later. I suggest if you see a newbie who wants to spend money on an upgrade, tell them to get Time of Legends or High Seas and enjoy that content until Endless Journeys comes out.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, but can you imagine the outrage if they let them pay the fee to upgrade and then gave it away for free a month later. I suggest if you see a newbie who wants to spend money on an upgrade, tell them to get Time of Legends or High Seas and enjoy that content until Endless Journeys comes out.
Thanks, wasn't sure. As for the bold I hear that, why not just let them upgrade for free now though, they're depriving existing customers who want to open a new account with SA (an important expansion) on the hopes that Endless Journey will bring in new customers.
Anyway hopefully EJ is not far off. And thanks for the clarification!:)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, wasn't sure. As for the bold I hear that, why not just let them upgrade for free now though
I hear ya, but if you didn't know, anyone can recall or gate to Ter Mur or enter the Abyss already. You just can't use public moongates or house teleporters yet. New accounts still won't be able to use the SA skills or equipment, but at least they can hunt there and gather resources in anticipation of the upgrade. Just give them a marked rune there.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I , but at least they can hunt there and gather resources in anticipation of the upgrade. Just give them a marked rune there.
Thanks, didn't know that, hopefully EJ comes soon and its not an issue.