• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 98.2 World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Beginning this evening with the Japaense shards and continuing through each each shard’s normal maintenance cycle, Publish 98.2 will be released world wide. Read the full notes here. Also remember, tonight on Catskills at 7pm ET we have our Dev Meet and Greet. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When are the robes going to be released

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did yooz see da holiday prezziez!?! BELLS?! Da fish lady hab ober 800 ob Demz all ready!! Gud God Help MEez!! Herz gunna kickz meez out to make room fur more ob demz! Peez hidez all demz fuM herz or meez gunna hab to mobe into one ob yooz housiez!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like this for the Artisan Festival
  • Reduces the requirement for points needed to advance the tree to the final two tiers.

Cant wait for Jewelry box.

2 Taming changes
  • Grizzled Mares can now use advanced pet training.
  • Added cancel option to the advanced pet training menu.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like this for the Artisan Festival
  • Reduces the requirement for points needed to advance the tree to the final two tiers.

Cant wait for Jewelry box.

2 Taming changes
  • Grizzled Mares can now use advanced pet training.
  • Added cancel option to the advanced pet training menu.
Wait, Grizzled Mares can be a permanent pet now without using...oh, right...the statue thing XD...but wait, did they ever fix statues from being dispelled? Like I thought Volems could be dispelled by casters at random and such? I wonder if they fixed dispel issues.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A hoarder fest of fun:]

Like the jewelry box and the advanced cancel option in pet training.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it seem to anyone else as if our characters can now "see" mobiles at a further distance than before, at least in the Classic Client? Since the publish this evening, when I log in characters who are in a house with vendors or other NPCs or characters logged out at an inn, on many of them they are getting a longer list of NPCs than before the publish.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I thought Volems could be dispelled by casters at random and such? I wonder if they fixed dispel issues.
Been using a 1-5 vollem for sometime now and no issues. Fun pet too, just lacks color.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings, Beginning this evening with the Japaense shards and continuing through each each shard’s normal maintenance cycle, Publish 98.2 will be released world wide. Read the full notes here. Also remember, tonight on Catskills at 7pm ET we have our Dev Meet and Greet. See you in Britannia, UO Team
:facepalm: X

I just noticed the rather glaring errors in the announcement. Please, someone fix it before others less charitable than I notice it.

It isn't a presidential tweet, after all.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 Year – Monster Statuettes that play a sound when locked down and activated within a house,
  • Startos
7 Year – Enchanted Writing Desk
  • House addon crafting power tool for Inscription that allows up to 500 charges to be stored
Think that is Stratos and 5000 charges hopefully.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well...while we're at it...

(I hate pointing out others errors because let's face it, no one is perfect)

Curious as to why they chose 2 different styles for the dates...

• All players logging into a production shard that are at least 30 days old between December 1, 2017 at 12:01am ET and 12/31/2017 at 11:59pm ET will receive a holiday gift token
Either December 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017

OR

12/01/2017 and 12/31/2017

But hey....go with both...it's fun that way!

On a more serious note, thank you for taking the time to figure out what was wrong with the halloween content and fixing it AND extending it...that's awesome.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Each gift comes with a gingerbread cookie inside one of 8 common gift boxes and 1 rare gift box available in a variety of hues, including 8 rare hues.
  • Holiday Bells – each “embossed with the likeness” of one of 36 different characters from Ultima history
  • Holiday Ribbon – each “hand tied” by a member of the Event Moderator team
  • Candy Cane – each “hand dipped” by a member of the UO Development Team
  • Firefly Garland – each “hand strung” by one of 26 different creatures
DIRTY PANCAKE SMACKERS!
that is soooooo much to collect!!!!!
collection overload!!!!
collection joy-gasm!!!!

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
We have logged in & found a "named bone knight" in 2 cemeteries called Draxx Dorn's & each collected a bone container with his name, with different hues.
How does one get a bone container with their own Avatar name on it?
Do we have to die?
Or did I misunderstand the "named" bone containers, as being your "own name"?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Die a few times and skeleton zombies with your name appear in random cemeteries. Kill them and you have a chance to get bones with your name. They come in different "poses" and colors.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one from the last time this event happened. I'd like to make it very clear that I did NOT make the char, just found the container.

The label reads ''I jumped Mesannas bones''...

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
Die a few times and skeleton zombies with your name appear in random cemeteries. Kill them and you have a chance to get bones with your name. They come in different "poses" and colors.
Thank you for your reply.
I took your advice & died, & managed to find a couple of my chars skeles at different cemeteries, killed them, but alas no bones as yet.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have one from the last time this event happened. I'd like to make it very clear that I did NOT make the char, just found the container.

The label reads ''I jumped Mesannas bones''...
I wonder if her husband created that character as a joke, as that name seems too long, and I don't know if you can even use "Mesanna" in a character's name normally?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Mesanna and staff for listening and reacting to the request made at the 20th to reduce the requirements for the tree. It's nice to know that us small shards have a chance now. *hugs*

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix The grizzled mare can only be trained to 3 slots. That is very underwhelming considering their starting stats are horrid. I understand they have necro/ss but why not allow them to train to 4 slots at least?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if her husband created that character as a joke, as that name seems too long, and I don't know if you can even use "Mesanna" in a character's name normally?
Honestly have no idea. I was hunting for butchers & spotted the skeleton, & there they were! Checked last night, the label reads ''Ive Jumped Mesannas Bones''

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lasher and Windrunner should be trainable to 5 as well I think. They are the only pets you have to pay actual money for.

I really would have preferred they had been ethereals. My stealther's use of her delightful Lasher is sadly limited.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak

Death in the EC is still taking an obscene amount of time between when you actually die and when you can move. Upwards of 30-45 seconds.

This is just as game stopping as the particle effects issue.

Please, please fix it!

:Begging:
+1 - to me this is more of an issue than the particle effects one since it happens EVERY TIME YOU DIE. Also, the more mobs in the area the longer it takes to die.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lasher and Windrunner should be trainable to 5 as well I think. They are the only pets you have to pay actual money for.
This, why would I want to pay extra money for a 3 slot pet. Hell they made Vollems 5 slot grrr!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This, why would I want to pay extra money for a 3 slot pet. Hell they made Vollems 5 slot grrr!
Difference there is you can't ride a vollem.

But I agree that they ought to train at least to 4... 3 is lame, especially for a pet that starts as tissue paper.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Difference there is you can't ride a vollem.
How many Windrunners would they sell if it where a viable mounted pet...? More than a few I am guessing. I would shell out for another. Don't get me wrong I love my Cu's but some options for a mounted pet would truly be nice.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When is Publish 98.2 being released on Test Center? @Bleak @Kyronix I would really like to test the amount of points that we need this year for the trees as well as the Jewelry Box.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have let us play with the gifts in the past. Thank you for the reminder, I have had full characters on all the shards for years just to take advantage of the clickies when the have them as well.