• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 96 Bug Fixes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are in the process of staging a publish that will be released tomorrow 2/22/2017 during your regular maintenance cycles. Japanese shards will receive the changes below tonight during their scheduled maintenance. The changes are as follows: Doom Dark father will no longer teleport himself to different locations and we have put a cool down on the number of times he can teleport you to him. Please remember he is still leashed so you can not remove him from the area. Putrefier will no longer spawn Elemental and their loot has been greatly reduced. All versions of Glenda will be reset to […]

Continue reading...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What, hot fix for pub 96? you still haven't finished the hot fix for Publish 81
what about all the non-medable armour missing stats?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm guessing that Putrefier will have mongbat level loot now, that'll be sad.

Herp!

Journeyman
What, hot fix for pub 96? you still haven't finished the hot fix for Publish 81
what about all the non-medable armour missing stats?
What stats are missing?

I'm guessing that Putrefier will have mongbat level loot now, that'll be sad.
The afk scripters farming loot made it happen, blame them. It's not sad at all though, he's a glorified Balron and should not have had boss tier loot anyway. Most likely he has Balron/Daemon loot now(t5 instead of t6)

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could have been farming Slithers like that, oh, wait, I missed that one too :(

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What stats are missing?

The afk scripters farming loot made it happen, blame them. It's not sad at all though, he's a glorified Balron and should not have had boss tier loot anyway. Most likely he has Balron/Daemon loot now(t5 instead of t6)
See, how about instead of nerfing things for legitimate players they just, yknow, punish afk scripters?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im not understanding why the DF cant be lured away and has to be tethered to the middle.
small parties would be able to handle him if we could get him away and deal with him instead of having to deal with 2 or 3 of them in a pile in the middle.

no reduction in HP?

ill go give it a try again with my guild mates and see if the teleporting helped with killing him on smaller shards with old people (yes me) but i dont think that was the only problem with him.

when 2-3 20 year vets with 120 toons in uber nice suits cant take a DF down something isnt right.
not saying years of game play make people good at the game but if your not tailoring the game to the people who have played and still are playing.... well than who are you tailoring the game mechanics too?
i refuse to run a bone cutting script and spend months on end making a 1 billion gold suit with all maxed eaters and overcapped dex/stamina.

damn i need a Snickers.... i get grumpy and am not myself when im hungry.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, love your posts! But you are damn right. Check Atlantic after midnight. There is a multiboxer running the gauntlet with 3 dexxers all with yellow hair/cloaks. The toons are automatically doing all the same. Thats what people call Pro-Gamers, UO is for them. Like all the EM-Events ;-)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haha, love your posts! But you are damn right. Check Atlantic after midnight. There is a multiboxer running the gauntlet with 3 dexxers all with yellow hair/cloaks. The toons are automatically doing all the same. Thats what people call Pro-Gamers, UO is for them. Like all the EM-Events ;-)
He's there most afternoons too. =/

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should just re-balance the loot distribution through the entire game.... Again... ever since Global loot absolutely NONE of the revamped dungeons are worth farming in for Corpse loot... the only reasons to even set foot in them are for the specific "Artifacts" that come from them and Whetstone from shame.... these mobs are more difficult/time consuming & less rewarding than all the legacy areas.

There's no unique loot table for anything really... certain types of items only drop in certain areas and you either get SA properties or not depending on where you hunt stuff.... the randomness needs to be toned down a little, certain groups of mobs should have higher chances to drop certain properties or property combinations than others, so that there's something unique to them.
It's really only worth farming the things that drop the most & the highest quality items... (Shadowguard, Shadowlord, & Exodus).... everything else is going to be deserted once the artifacts have been farmed enough to where people have them (because the corpse loot is PEWP)...

Bosses, peerless', etc- all need to be re-balanced for loot quality (some with both quantity & quality (Cora & Andros/Adrian...)) Bosses should literally be the only mobs that have no property/combination/item type restrictions.... (IMO) too much content that's not worth going to...

Doom - Dark Fathers the only thing that should have been adjusted was the frequency in which the Dark Father teleported to the "Leashed" spot... that's it. -because it was f***ing annoying... the rest was fine.

Glenda - All that had to be done, was it should have been unable to be stacked with Lightening Strike & Deathstrike & remove the ability to imbue it. At least now there's another disappointing drop you can get in place of something useful from doom with this "fix".

/end rant -but seriously, let's get it fixed.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See, how about instead of nerfing things for legitimate players they just, yknow, punish afk scripters?
(approaches soap box with caution and realization that I have an appointment in 15 minutes so I might not get all this out)

This is, and for 19+ years, been the greatest game and escape from reality I have known, with knowledge of others using scripts or exploits all the same.

The largest part for that sentiment is the way I approach my paying for the game and my time playing in it.... My attitude for it has been 'what do I want to do?' Nothing for RL profit mind you.

The only time a bug or exploit went too far for me was the impetus for a 3 year break, when two people used an exploit with a bag of flour on the front step of one of my homes, and entered my locked house in Trinsic. I quit the game as I saw them within my home, realizing I had been more directly targeted with what was being done.

This game, frankly, needs people to crank out kegs of greater poison, repair deeds, net toss events, and on and on (THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT TAKE THE TIME for these things). I don't care how they make it possible, as they fill a gap in the game economy that is needed.

Frankly, I don't care that people found this 'opportunity' to farm, nor do I blame the devs who try to put forward a good product. I GREATLY APPRECIATE those that noted that such was going on AND THIS FORUM to make people aware.

Many days I would log in and say, 'what am I not doing that so many legendary items are available.'

Frankly, again, I don't care I don't have those items, and I believe in my heart of hearts there was no ill will by devs to 'allow' such. Even if such was the purpose, this game/diversion has been so much of my own 'escape' at times in my day or life that needed such.

History repeats itself, and things come full circle. Thank you again for this forum to express and the community for helping it all go on.

Now, back to real life as it's parent/teacher conferences night, but beware, I may just be blocking your recall spot tomorrow!

Jo/Daan

Last edited:

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wanted to record a video but I dont know if thats okay here..
Probobly not ok, because then you would be, "accusing" and there are a select few here that have reputations to "uphold" wouldn't want that multi-boxer to possibly be one of them! Damn the evidence against them! Delete! Warning! Ban!

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should just re-balance the loot distribution through the entire game.... Again... ever since Global loot absolutely NONE of the revamped dungeons are worth farming in for Corpse loot... the only reasons to even set foot in them are for the specific "Artifacts" that come from them and Whetstone from shame.... these mobs are more difficult/time consuming & less rewarding than all the legacy areas.

There's no unique loot table for anything really... certain types of items only drop in certain areas and you either get SA properties or not depending on where you hunt stuff.... the randomness needs to be toned down a little, certain groups of mobs should have higher chances to drop certain properties or property combinations than others, so that there's something unique to them.
It's really only worth farming the things that drop the most & the highest quality items... (Shadowguard, Shadowlord, & Exodus).... everything else is going to be deserted once the artifacts have been farmed enough to where people have them (because the corpse loot is PEWP)...

Bosses, peerless', etc- all need to be re-balanced for loot quality (some with both quantity & quality (Cora & Andros/Adrian...)) Bosses should literally be the only mobs that have no property/combination/item type restrictions.... (IMO) too much content that's not worth going to...

Doom - Dark Fathers the only thing that should have been adjusted was the frequency in which the Dark Father teleported to the "Leashed" spot... that's it. -because it was f***ing annoying... the rest was fine.

Glenda - All that had to be done, was it should have been unable to be stacked with Lightening Strike & Deathstrike & remove the ability to imbue it. At least now there's another disappointing drop you can get in place of something useful from doom with this "fix".

/end rant -but seriously, let's get it fixed.
Balance/availability of loot to more players 'strengthens' more players to engage within the community. Covenant says it perfectly.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far since they announced a stricter response to unattended macroing I have reported 3 chars that do this every day, not one of them has been removed and 1 even does it in Luna for all to see.
Guess they figured out to just do it while the Americans are in bed and NOTHING will be done........they are correct.
:facepalm:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So far since they announced a stricter response to unattended macroing I have reported 3 chars that do this every day, not one of them has been removed and 1 even does it in Luna for all to see.
Guess they figured out to just do it while the Americans are in bed and NOTHING will be done........they are correct.
I thought we all knew that what was said in the last newsletter was just shamless smoke and mirrors lip service, just like all the other times since Draconi departed.

"Any way you want to win..."

:cursing:

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Respectfully, I think they are more concerned about gold/farming type things than skill training type things, but maybe you are seeing some bods being swapped at a high rate or soemthing. You know how it is... Trump has a higher risk 'list' of how he wants deportations to happen ;)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Respectfully, I think they are more concerned about gold/farming type things than skill training type things, but maybe you are seeing some bods being swapped at a high rate or soemthing. You know how it is... Trump has a higher risk 'list' of how he wants deportations to happen ;)
Yeah, but I don't think they do anything about those types of scripters either.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh god please no... Many of us play UO to "escape" reality... I don't want "reality" invading my game... Unless of course you make him some sort of Killable boss... that would be more fun.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Oh god please no... Many of us play UO to "escape" reality... I don't want "reality" invading my game... Unless of course you make him some sort of Killable boss... that would be more fun.
ya but how would we get over the wall to get to that boss?

too soon?!?!?!?!

Herp!

Journeyman
I wanted to record a video but I dont know if thats okay here..
Record it and send it to Kyronix, Mesanna, or Bleak via email. Recommend that they run a memory check to see what's being injected in to the game. If he is running a program such as ISBoxer, he is technically not breaking rules. However, if he is running a scripting program or some other "illegal" 3rd party program, it will be injecting itself in to the memory and can be handled accordingly. If it is his first warning, he will be put in jail for 72 hours. More than a first warning, he faces a ban. Yes, they still ban the people who are breaking the economy by scripting.

but maybe you are seeing some bods being swapped at a high rate or something.
Slightly off topic, but, what's a high rate of bod swapping? I do ~65/hr & turn in at a rate of 1 every 1.5s if I am banking, 1 every 5-10s if I am using the bods I specifically bribed to get certain runics. All by hand.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE="Slightly off topic, but, what's a high rate of bod swapping? I do ~65/hr & turn in at a rate of 1 every 1.5s if I am banking, 1 every 5-10s if I am using the bods I specifically bribed to get certain runics. All by hand.[/QUOTE]

(Off topic answer) I'm not sure... It varies I'm sure, but I'm one that wonders what a little blue pill by Phizer does, and if I'd ever use it, so what do I know.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ha, they could make a randomly spawning yellow coloured Slime and call it Trump, like they did with that JWilson character years back.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ha, they could make a randomly spawning yellow coloured Slime and call it Trump, like they did with that JWilson character years back.
Slime... that's a good thing for him or a rat... Toad would be appropriate enough... Though whatever it is should have plenty of gold on it... so might want to make it a wee tad harder to kill than a slime... Perhaps some sort of bird so it can tweet insults at you...

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
IMO, Doom was Ok, no change needed there, the change made has been done cause of people complaining from not using a correct template..... Makes no difference if he teleports or not, use the correct template and weapons and it wasnt a problem. You still going to have the same problems killing it, its HP hasnt changed!!

So the Glenda, not even a month after release has been made useless? OMG!! I dont use it myself, but I think if it does not go off with specials, what good is it?

A change I would suggest, is the Flesherenders not to go Yellow soo often, takes longer to do that room than to kill the DF!!

About the Putrifier and the Poison eles, You gone way too far, make it spawn 1 or 2 eles, not the 6 that spawned!! and Keep the loot as it was, it still makes it hard to for afk scripter to farm with 2 or 3 eles, but not 6 at a time, multiple times!! Now however took advantage of that situation before the change, you just made them more millionaires and more powerful......

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna @Kyronix
May bee this is also need to bee fixed in Enhanced client???
This Bug was at the start of Enh Client & now again...
1 photo -Despice 3 lvl
2 photo -Star room
The same dark screen was in Inshenar Spirituality gate when i was apeared there from star room in ghost form.
My comp was not modified last months
relog/Full files check performed

Desp.png SR.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IN the options menu enable hardware death effect... or some such thing... should fix it.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Learned I can solo a DF today. I also learned it wasn't worth it after seeing how much durability it took off my weapon. :wall:

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I saw the first picture (on mobile) and thought Damn where is that! Those terrain graohics are sweet!

Then bummed