• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to TC1

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So... I did what I really didn't want to do (I tested BoDs- lol) Only Blacksmithing bods though..

460 points (if you spend them now) for a 10 exceptional shadow iron armor bod which was a 90% chance to get PoF/10% chance for +5 mining gloves. PoF = 450 points, so technically you get more points now than you would have before with the option of picking which reward you want instead of hoping RNG rolls in your favor -That part I like.

the amount of points you get for saving points is extremely low, but at the same time... that's something you didn't get before, so that's a bonus. -It's nice to have, but I feel the "saved" points should reward more than 0.5% of the total point value -either way, it's still better with this new system, than the current live version... with that, It's a job well done! (So far...)

I did attempt a few inscription bods (I only did the ones you could buy the required items from npc's to fill).

Bug: Inscription Bod 15, Normal, "Spellbook" - The bod doesn't except magery spellbooks with Normal OR Exceptional qualities.

Request.

Bod Option: add a "Fill from container" Option so you don't need to click each individual item required by the bod. Exactly the same thing that exists with the City Trade order quests.
Thanks for the feedback. We are evaluating the conversion rate as folks get through testing. I've seen requests as high as 50% of value getting banked, which is untenable. As you point out, as far as blacksmithy is concerned, the point values scale up pretty dramatically as you move up the material types. The real question then becomes: how many of the lowest end BODs (iron/10-20) should result in getting the highest point cost (1000-1200)?

As far as new BOD systems requiring ML ingedients/rare resources are concerned we will be adjusting them as needed based on feedback - thanks everyone for TC1 feedback!