• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 94 Available World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce that Publish 94 will be available world wide with each shard’s maintenance cycle beginning the morning of August 10, 2016. US shards will receive it first in the morning. You can read about the full list of updates here and send any feedback here. We will be turning off the Ultima Store, Character Transfer, and the Promotional Warehouse until all shards are published. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The lever puzzle is the hardest, I let my guildies do that :)

The floor is easy.

But PLEASE increase the spawn rate of the city mobs...way not enough!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The floor is easy.

• Adjusted the spawning mechanic for the Kotl City Great War to scale with player participation.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The floor is easy.

• Adjusted the spawning mechanic for the Kotl City Great War to scale with player participation.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I thought that wasn't going to happen until tomorrow but it seems that even though there is very little spawn it's lasting a lot longer

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Changes Between Origin & World Wide Release
  • Fixed issue where hidden chests inside the Kotl City would sometimes show up as backpacks.
  • Limited the number of faulty activators spawned in the Kotl City activator puzzle.
  • Fixed issue where the weight of the gypsy wagon would become heavy in the off state.
  • Fixed issue where trick or treat rewards could not be used while locked down.
  • Fixed issue where automaton heads would not spawn in Kotl City hidden chests.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes...yes I can read the patch notes lol, it also said that it's not until TOMORROW MORNING....but just now the spawn lasted about 40 minutes which is much better for all that work...still the spawn rate needs to be increased a bit so we'll see tomorrow. With 8 people down there we're all runnin around tryin to find something to kill lol.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix
It happened again!!
I was on Origin in the Kotl city and got a drop in my pack of bone gloves.
These gloves are not blue and do not have the Kotl tag
I did not receive a message indicating I received a reward item!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's never happened to me! And I am down here with you!

I keep my pack open just in case but so far haven't had that happen

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
It happened again!!
I was on Origin in the Kotl city and got a drop in my pack of bone gloves.
These gloves are not blue and do not have the Kotl tag
I did not receive a message indicating I received a reward item!
This use to happen during the "Of Doom" event the first time it came out. you'd get normal items as drops (with no message) instead of artifacts from the Dark Fathers and such.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Can we get full step-by-step spoilers on the puzzles? I have zero interest in them and consider them nothing but roadblocks. I know this is just going to provoke some ****** to post "FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF LAZY" but once upon a time Stratics was a site for UO guides and spoilers.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Step 1:

Enter the Kotl Dungeon. If you have access to an Eodon Teleporter, travel to the Urali Tribe Village and head SE, the entrance is a few screens away.

Go all the way to the back (north) and to the right (east) There you will find an area with many levers and a locked door.
Lever puzzle.jpg
Locked Door.jpg

Flip the levers in the correct sequence to unlock the door. If you pull an incorrect lever you will be electrocuted so be careful.

Once you have found the correct sequence, the door will open. Enter the room and spin the dial to turn back time.

Once you have completed that, head south and east, there used to be a rock wall there, it will be gone.
Rock Wall.jpg
Once this wall drops, you will have access to the second stage of the puzzle.
codes.jpg

Find the correct tile to step on to proceed...do this until you reach the end, then go through the floor tiles to the next room.
StartBattle.jpg

Here you will see chests sitting on some strange looking equipment. Place a power core in one chest on each activator to begin the simulation. A message will announce when this occurs.

Step through the portal to the north to enter the center of the city.

4thrun.jpg

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
"..... and turn back time"

that just makes me smile!

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix
On production shard: The mouse-over text on the turn-in menu are incorrect when you hover on the "10" (displays "Recipe for a Kotl Automaton").
Seems to be the case for every item from the Acuator and down the list. Hovering over the item will give the correct matching item.

SS_308.jpg SS_309.jpg

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
On production shard: The mouse-over text on the turn-in menu are incorrect when you hover on the "10" (displays "Recipe for a Kotl Automaton").
Seems to be the case for every item from the Acuator and down the list. Hovering over the item will give the correct matching item.

View attachment 51692 View attachment 51693
It was the same exact way with the turnin guy at Doom last year. You have to take your pointer over to the far right side of the parchment, then back to the item you want to highlight. Each time... Never did get fixed on Doom, evidently used the same exact code on this.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just pick always up instead of follow mouse mode

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know if they will ever do the doom drops again, or did this Kotl area become the new norm?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There was....many times...they said that they would still have the same type of event just in different dungeons.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
exactly.
they said they where gonna try to do it in a different dungeon every year.
year 1 doom
year 2 doom
year 3 kotl