• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 93 Updates

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Additional updates I would like to see to 93:

• River Moss spawning in far greater numbers (or a substantially quicker respawn) over a larger area
  • Picking 1-5 berries of a Lava Berry bush instead of just one, somewhat quicker respawn and extend their habitat into the lava pool area.
  • Much higher drop rate on both the Myrmidex Eggsacs and the Moonstone Crystal Shards
  • Silverback gorillas spawning in the pits in the Great Ape cave, not just when he throws you
  • Increased (again) spawn rate of the required Salty Sea mobs (perhaps making a few islands shelter kracken and sea serpent spawning grounds)
If the potion ingredients are too laborious to gather, the potions will either be very niche or very expensive. Neither prospect is all that good for the content’s longevity.

You may also want to look into the Ape’s code, as he’s walking around on the ground throwing barrels.

The T-Rex still doesn’t take increased damage from Dinosaur Slayer, at least not from the Anon’s spellbook.
All of the ingredients that spawn in the open are on a fairly quick respawn. Once you take one, the spawner kicks in and tries to repopulate up to the max spawn in the area.

The perfect bananas spawn on apes in the Dragon Turtle champ spawn as well, there should be no shortage of silverback gorillas in that area.

The egg sacs spawn on Myrmidex drones, and the Queen has a large amount. The crystal shards spawn on the Warriors. There should be no shortage of these creatures to farm out in the pits, while having the added benefit of participating in a combat experience that offers a little more in the way of a dynamic experience to make the farming experience a little less tedious.

The spawn rate for the creatures in the South Britannia sea was already increased from where it started. I'd rather not overrun the area with mobs, so it becomes a death trap for fisherman (sort of like the way Moonglow bay used to be with regard to water elementals). There are already alternatives in place to summon these mobs on demand.

I'm not opposed to tweaking the rates up, but I'm apprehensive to just turn it up to 11 so six weeks from now thousands of ingredients are sitting in the back corner of someone's house. Plus, let's be honest Dot, I know you've got fat stacks of coin to pay for some upscale potions ;)

Thanks for the notes about the T-Rex and the Gorilla.