• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 85 to Origin and Izumo Today

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
2013 Nov 19 18:21 GMT
We are putting Publish 85 on Origin and Izumo today. The shards will be going down at approximately 2 pm EDT.

One point I would like to make clear is regarding the Vet reward - The Light house

Once the lighthouse is deeded it will unlink from any boat and owner it is linked to. When you replace the lighthouse you will have to relink it to keep any ships from decaying. It will NOT automatically relink once the light house is replaced.

Thank you and Enjoy!

UO Team

Continue reading...

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So much for feedback from the playerbase

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get your pets into the new dungeon? Summon once you're inside?

Can you recall out of it?

Can you recall into it?

-Galen's player

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can you recall into it?

-Galen's player
There's a stablemaster outside the entrance. And then you just walk the rest of the way. Dungeon has no recall/gate.

Last edited:

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm guessing this will hit worldwide Thursday or Friday? I'd better get to faming before the patch =o Though a part of me can't wait for the invasion to end either, mainly to recoup the hundreds of thousands of gold I've lost on insurance deaths to those captains lol.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Once the lighthouse is deeded it will unlink from any boat and owner it is linked to. When you replace the lighthouse you will have to relink it to keep any ships from decaying. It will NOT automatically relink once the light house is replaced.
OK... in the event you place the lighthouse and don't like where you placed it and immediately decide to place it in another spot, will it have already linked to all your characters' ships, or do you have to go through another step to do that?

I know, I know... I'm bad for not going on TC... sorry... :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK... in the event you place the lighthouse and don't like where you placed it and immediately decide to place it in another spot, will it have already linked to all your characters' ships, or do you have to go through another step to do that?

I know, I know... I'm bad for not going on TC... sorry... :(
if you don't like where you placed it, you'll have to re-deed it to move it. It won't link to your ships unless you link them to it. None of that is automatic.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LIghthouse sadly only works for the HOUSE OWNER account as well.. co-owners can't link to the Lighthouse.. so you have to have a lighthouse on every house you have.... sadly.

Sure wish some of the issues with these things would be fixed before this goes out... *sighs*... Maybe you think it's a non-issue...... but I can't see putting a lighthouse on the top of my Theatre.... Or the crypt.... or any other landlocked house for that matter. Also don't see me wanting 8 of these things on one rooftop either.

Last edited:

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would of been nice if they waited for more feedback from us the players before making this go live now. I think atleast one more week of testing and listening to our feedback.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
golem issues arnt fixed.
push the publish.
another good vet reward dead before it even starts.

*sigh*

on the plus side the graphics for the lighthouse and tink table are nice!

(i promised myself that i would give one positive for each negative i give out..... where is flutter, i need to tell her that her hair looks nice....)

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For anyone that has tested the new dungeon invasion. Does the errant spawn in the dungeon, increase the difficulty of the Captains. Right now, you kill the Captain's minions and then just have to fight the Captain, with no interference from random monsters. Looking at the dungeon, it seems that you will have to contend with constantly spawning evil mages...balrons...other dungeon nasties...I mean the Bards, swordsman, macers, and fencers are hard enough without extra troubles...

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wanna say, I enjoyed the invasion immensely. Was a great time, and i got to meet and work with great people, and huge deutch bags on my shard. Either way glad to know who is who. That said, this dungeon sounds like a clusterfark. Will check it out when it hits live shards (too soon!).

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For anyone that has tested the new dungeon invasion. Does the errant spawn in the dungeon, increase the difficulty of the Captains. Right now, you kill the Captain's minions and then just have to fight the Captain, with no interference from random monsters. Looking at the dungeon, it seems that you will have to contend with constantly spawning evil mages...balrons...other dungeon nasties...I mean the Bards, swordsman, macers, and fencers are hard enough without extra troubles...

Captains are in their own area (the little city bubbles). You would have to drag them a ways to get to regular spawn.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would of been nice if they waited for more feedback from us the players before making this go live now. I think atleast one more week of testing and listening to our feedback.
It would have been nice if more players had participated in testing as well.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They had plenty of both to start with

I only saw a handful of people the first few days but I did see maybe 10 at one time in the dungeon I think Friday afternoon which was a shocker.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty much within the first hour I found alot of things out , I wrote feedback as I went from notes taken.most of what I saw was mere oversights(useless ankh,ethy tiger size and discoloration ) the lack of use for the golem. What got me was when invasions started on test we had devs on the game answering questions,this time I didn't see that.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a stablemaster outside the entrance. And then you just walk the rest of the way. Dungeon has no recall/gate.

Hope the stable master brings the twin brothers. Blue and Red healers.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can you recall into it?

-Galen's player
http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/castle-blackthorn-dungeon

Blackthorn’s newer residence allows no pets to enter, he graciously therefore has allowed an animal trainer to take up station at the foot of the pictured staircase for the benefit of tamers visiting the dungeon area from that location.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please read my guide and check out the map. The captains spawn in the town cut outs. The other mobs spawn in the rest of the dungeon. Only one town cut out is active at a time.

Also, for those worried about how long it was on test center, please bear in mind that Origin and Izumo are in essence second level testing.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope the stable master brings the twin brothers. Blue and Red healers.
I personally don't feel healers in the dungeon are needed since the Britain town healer is not too far away from the dungeon entrance.

If it's a major issue you may want to consider building up your Sacrifice virtue =]

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally don't feel healers in the dungeon are needed since the Britain town healer is not too far away from the dungeon entrance.

If it's a major issue you may want to consider building up your Sacrifice virtue =]
Or use weaving for gift of like,self rez bauble looking thingy, or have healer in your group.I guess that ankh isn't gonna be anything but deco

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or use weaving for gift of like,self rez bauble looking thingy, or have healer in your group.I guess that ankh isn't gonna be anything but deco
Could be worse. Could be like the healer in Doom that resses you for like 5k a pop. :p