• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 80.0 Comes to TC1

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm happy to see that Jewelers will FINALLY know that the plain silverish jewelery is jewelery....

I'd Also HOPE that it also means that the metal dye tub will also think they are metal. Since i can dye the Gold stuff but not the silver.

Just saying. Keep up the good work!

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phoenix,

I don't think you answered the question and our concerns about ship to ship battles. This change directly affects this scenario:

During a non-consensual ship to ship battle against another player, not in factions or in my guild, I scuttle their ship and then kill them in hopes of looting their ship as quickly as possible.

With the new change I will not be able to board their ship and loot it while I am flagged which can lead to them getting away or bringing in other characters to defend the ship before I loot it. Thereby adding an unnecessary degree of difficulty and potentially removing a reward of fighting another player controlled ship.

I understand why you would think you need to nerf boarding a ship because of lazy PvPers stacking 100 boats around Fel Yew to house hide on the cheap. I would suggest you find another way to solve this problem. Perhaps look at making the shoreline around Fel Yew similar to the Fishing Emporium where boats are pushed way off shore after ten minutes.
I agree completely. Ship to ship battles are over on every shard because one or two shards have an idiot pvp'er who hides on parked boats.
Please do not ruin ship to ship fighting and address boat parking instead.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phoenix,

I don't think you answered the question and our concerns about ship to ship battles. This change directly affects this scenario:

During a non-consensual ship to ship battle against another player, not in factions or in my guild, I scuttle their ship and then kill them in hopes of looting their ship as quickly as possible.

With the new change I will not be able to board their ship and loot it while I am flagged which can lead to them getting away or bringing in other characters to defend the ship before I loot it. Thereby adding an unnecessary degree of difficulty and potentially removing a reward of fighting another player controlled ship.

I understand why you would think you need to nerf boarding a ship because of lazy PvPers stacking 100 boats around Fel Yew to house hide on the cheap. I would suggest you find another way to solve this problem. Perhaps look at making the shoreline around Fel Yew similar to the Fishing Emporium where boats are pushed way off shore after ten minutes.

What he said is /was my concern.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah like random sea PVP has happened more than like twice since High Seas came out.
Still happens and sometimes it is not random, see someone unattended fishing and blow up the boat, loot fish and what ever else is in the hold. With this change I was just curious to know if I had to wait for a timer before I could board the ship. Which seems stupid, but hey this is Ultima online.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theo's bug list is probably the best bug list i've ever seen - they should work on his list exclusively for the next bug fix publish
Cool, that makes two of you. Good luck with that.

I know it would be hard to realize that bugs are actually getting fixed now and more are almost certainly going to be fixed soon, but maybe with two of you, you can put your heads together and scrape up enough common sense to stop complaining for a moment and realize the obvious. Good luck!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Once again - the problem is when they put effort in - its misguided. I looked across the list and saw a single thing I had been looking for (fixing runic damage increase BACK to 35% as it had been for past 6-7 years but broken with reforging).
It's interesting to note that they think it was accidental, when I found the DELIBERATE change to 35% in the old Publish logs of the time.

How about what my publish of bug fixes and key item enhancements would look like :
Choosing a selection of your points...

NPC's Do not sell War Forks - Actually, There are NPCs that sell them. They just aren't named "Blacksmith" (check WEAPON SHOPS, like the ones in Moonglow and Jhelom)

BOD Books & Bod Turn in Timer suggestions - Amen, brother. A better BOD sort function in the books would require is to replace the "Smith" & "Tailor" submenus with one button, that would page the gump to a separate page whether you toggled it to "all", "Tailor" or "Blacksmith". you would then choose the LBOD type (or lack thereof for the famers), and it would pop back to the main page. There are already menus that work similarly to this in the game, and you know there HAS to be some kind of code inherent to the BODs to tell them what small fits what large.

NPC Buying - They are already looking into doing away with carrying coins (and bank coins/checks) almost completely, except for coin picked up off the ground (like at a champ) or withdrew deliberately (such as for decorating), and having purchases and trades come out of an account, that might be 1 shared total for all characters on the shard for that account. Implementing this will take more work than they could do this year.

Stablemaster requires gold stacks in bankbox - This is annoying, but of course would be fixed by the above.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree completely. Ship to ship battles are over on every shard because one or two shards have an idiot pvp'er who hides on parked boats.
Please do not ruin ship to ship fighting and address boat parking instead.
Please ruin this form of house hiding ship fighting...........................

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This applies to non-consensual PvP. It won't affect guild/faction fighting/sparring. Basically this change makes ships obey the same "wouldst thou flee in the heat of battle" rule as houses.
Phoenix, I was thinking about this ship issue. Is it possible to make it ok to board a ship as an aggressor if the ship being boarded is scuttled? This should not affect the issue you are trying to fix I believe. Currently a person can't board a ship unless give permission by the ship owner unless you scuttle it then anyone can board.

Edit after testing:
I logged into the test center with two chars from two different accts.

I attacked one ship with another and scuttled it. after attacking the character directly I could not board the scuttled ship until the cool down timer expired. This sucks.

What's the point of being able to scuttle a ship if you can't get on it and loot the hold and the dead bodies?

I then tested getting on the scuttled ship before attacking the character. Both chars on the same ship. after attacking I could not get back to my own ship...

Look, I get it. Ship hiding is stupid and there should be a way to prevent it. Is it possible to address one without screwing the other?

Last edited:

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very Sweet! I take a couple weeks off and come back to see all those bug fixes.. Some people have been working hard it seems.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phoenix, I was thinking about this ship issue. Is it possible to make it ok to board a ship as an aggressor if the ship being boarded is scuttled? This should not affect the issue you are trying to fix I believe. Currently a person can't board a ship unless give permission by the ship owner unless you scuttle it then anyone can board.

Edit after testing:
I logged into the test center with two chars from two different accts.

I attacked one ship with another and scuttled it. after attacking the character directly I could not board the scuttled ship until the cool down timer expired. This sucks.

What's the point of being able to scuttle a ship if you can't get on it and loot the hold and the dead bodies?

I then tested getting on the scuttled ship before attacking the character. Both chars on the same ship. after attacking I could not get back to my own ship...

Look, I get it. Ship hiding is stupid and there should be a way to prevent it. Is it possible to address one without screwing the other?
My point exactly! It is possible to fix both, don't allow boats to sit next to the shore near Fel Yew Gate. Nerfing a legitimately fun part of the game to punish yew gate pvp is too heavy handed. Maybe, just maybe, this time they won't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel there will soon be a lot of scuttled boats lining the shores of yew soon :)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are changing the ship access thing so that you'll always be able to board a scuttled ship. This change will be made before the publish goes to live shards.
You arent changing the new flagging rules tho right? PvPers have been asking for this change since High Seas came out.

(And no, you cant just "scuttle" their ships since they have rows of ships blocking you from even getting close)

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scuttled ships have always been boardable in Felucca.

The change I speak of makes it so that non-consensual PvP aggressors won't be prevented from boarding scuttled ships.

Last edited:

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow. this will go down as one of the most important publishes in uo's history.

bravo.

keep up the good work....

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are changing the ship access thing so that you'll always be able to board a scuttled ship. This change will be made before the publish goes to live shards.
Much better but not perfect. If you board a scuttled ship and flag you will be prevented from re-boarding your own ship.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the 35 DI on runic crafted weapons with or without GM Arms Lore?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is the 35 DI on runic crafted weapons with or without GM Arms Lore?
Should be without. You get a 1% DI increase for every 20 points of Arms Lore up to 40% DI.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not usually happy about patches, but it seems as though some good thought has gone into this. I like it, a lot! Small things here and there that will enhance gameplay.

I'm a little worried about the gargoyle flying lance dismount. That changes pvp a lot....... we'll see how it goes.
i must of missed this one, will lances on human be put back to how they were years back?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nm, i found it.

how can you give this ability to a flying gargoyle but not to humans?

technically that is racist in game to the rest of the players. That not right at all. Give it to one race, let all use it.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought some one tested it and the Lance was only against other lance holding gargs....right?

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought some one tested it and the Lance was only against other lance holding gargs....right?
This is the way I read it. Seems it would be the same rules as humans/elves are bound to. You can use a lance(to dismount), while mounted/flying, against a mounted/flying opponent that is also wielding a lance, otherwise you need to be on foot to dismount.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the way I read it. Seems it would be the same rules as humans/elves are bound to. You can use a lance(to dismount), while mounted/flying, against a mounted/flying opponent that is also wielding a lance, otherwise you need to be on foot to dismount.
Correct.
This is a bug fix - the bug being that gargoyles didn't have the same option while flying as humans and elves did while mounted.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious if anyone else is having this issue: when i go into house customization on TC, and I try to take a step, it kicks me out of customization and I lose the design.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh and while you are fixing bugs - how about:

Vendor Rental Contracts - You pay like 1024 for them. The vendors used to start with 1000 gold on them so they dont' disappear right away. However, now they start with 4 gold. Someone goofed about 10 publishes ago. Please fix it.

Speaking of vendor rental contrals - why are the bankers limited to 20 and you have to 'work them up' to more contracts and commodity deeds? Why not always sell 999? What is the harm?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and while you are fixing bugs - how about:

Vendor Rental Contracts - You pay like 1024 for them. The vendors used to start with 1000 gold on them so they dont' disappear right away. However, now they start with 4 gold. Someone goofed about 10 publishes ago. Please fix it.

Speaking of vendor rental contrals - why are the bankers limited to 20 and you have to 'work them up' to more contracts and commodity deeds? Why not always sell 999? What is the harm?
I don't think that's a bug, if I remember right it was a deliberate change.
Also why would anyone want 999 vendor contracts? There are usually at least 2 bankers in each bank, that's 40 vendor contracts in total.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice patch :) I like 99.9999% of it..
Just wondering how "All tamable pets will have their speed reset to default speed" this will turn out..Does it mean that every CU, will default to their original speed ?? (I mean unless they are pre-patched, they are sooooo slow, heartly worth using in pvp/pvm )
When is throwing beeing addressed ??

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think that's a bug, if I remember right it was a deliberate change.
Also why would anyone want 999 vendor contracts? There are usually at least 2 bankers in each bank, that's 40 vendor contracts in total.
Well, why do 'Rental' contracts give you 960 gold to start on the vendor but employment contracts give you 4 gold so immediately its out of gold? That makes no sense. Charge me 5k a contract and start the vendor with 4k or whatever. Of course, not sure why there isn't an menu option to direct transfer gold from your bank to the vendor. Its annoying I have to put bod books on the vendor then buy the bods to fill it with gold. I start vendors with 50k and when you have 50 vendors to setup - its a pain to try to carry 50k stacks of gold. I just want to hit menu option - add gold from bank.

I agree that vendor contracts aren't in that much demand but I just moved houses and I need to setup more than 40 new vendors so I have to go to 2 banks and I went through about 100 commodity deeds and they were all sold out in Luna. What is the point of limiting? Explain. Players cannot craft them. Is it imbalancing to be able to purchase 60 commodity deeds? I don't get it.

Last edited:

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice job, Devs! When I saw this list it actually influenced me to resub... Getting settled back in on Atlantic and checking out the new dungeons.

While you're bug fixing, can you fix the mount riding animation on the sammy helm in the EC? It floats around my head when I ride, but looks fine when I walk.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Nice job, Devs! When I saw this list it actually influenced me to resub... Getting settled back in on Atlantic and checking out the new dungeons.

While you're bug fixing, can you fix the mount riding animation on the sammy helm in the EC? It floats around my head when I ride, but looks fine when I walk.
You can submit this to our bugs forum located here http://stratics.com/community/forums/bug-tracking.710/

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice patch :) I like 99.9999% of it..
Just wondering how "All tamable pets will have their speed reset to default speed" this will turn out..Does it mean that every CU, will default to their original speed ?? (I mean unless they are pre-patched, they are sooooo slow, heartly worth using in pvp/pvm )
When is throwing beeing addressed ??
In the weapons rebalance. Bleak answered that question here:
http://stratics.com/community/threads/pvp-needs-some-attention.285510/page-3#post-2185883

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, why is Publish 80 already on Origin (obviously, I tested it with the new buff/debuff icons) and why was it not announced on the UOHerald?

I shield-transfered there a few days ago to fetch some xmas gifts and now I'm unable to leave.

Nope, not really cool. :thumbdown:

T

Tazar

Some stuff hits as soon as the patch is complete - other stuff is done with the publish. Since the buff/debuff info is a client change (how it displays items) it came in with the patch.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some stuff hits as soon as the patch is complete - other stuff is done with the publish. Since the buff/debuff info is a client change (how it displays items) it came in with the patch.
The art for Flesh Golems is live too; saw them on Europa on Sunday...

T

Tazar

The art for Flesh Golems is live too; saw them on Europa on Sunday...
Yep - The Art updates are all a part of patching the client on our computers rather than the publish to the game server.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay. Then please tell me, when its only client stuff, why can't I leave Origin for any other shard? It's simply not possible right now. But, as you state, this shouldn't affect transferring, right? ("The selected destination shard is unavailable.") Tried it with several, Legends, Atlantic, Mizuho.

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, I'm seeing multiple reports of it being live on Origin now, and Mesanna has confirmed we all get it tomorrow; how unfortunate that the biggest bug fix is heralded by warnings of tonnes of fatal bag-axing bugs! I very nearly wrote "how ironic", but resisted at the last moment, Alanis Morissette must still pay for this mistreatment of the English language a decade later....

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What bag axing bug are you referring to? I read where someone lost items when throwing them in a trash can and then chopping it.... But that's it.. If you throw an item into a trash can, it pretty much should be trash. The timer allows for retrieval of mistakes, but I doubt I was intended to be a placement tool.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The trash can/container bug is being fixed, per Mesanna.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is now possible to buy items that are too heavy to carry from a player-owned vendor.
    • This is only possible if the buyer’s bank box can hold the item.
    • If successful, the item will be placed directly in the buyer’s bank box
    • Items that are light enough to be carried will never be sent directly to the bank box; these items will be purchased normally
This is not working with bags that are too heavy

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is, but the shard you are referring to got reverted to old publish after 2 crashes (I would assume ...)