• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 112 Hotfixes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2/17/2022 Greetings, As of each shard’s normally scheduled maintenance, the following hotfixes have been deployed: Dead bonded pets will now teleport with their owners Resolved issues related to players wearing reflect physical damage items and using traps Resolved issues related to players wearing reflect physical damage items while fighting specific AIs See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well when you switch books they don't go back into the strap...
when you pull anything else out of a bag in the pack it does not go back to that bag. Like luck suit parts. that would be to much to ask of them to program something new.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm waiting for this to also be a stealth fix of reapers :devil:

This is interesting though:

• Resolved issues related to players wearing reflect physical damage items while fighting specific AIs
Is this a stealth Niera fix given that I heard several people other than Larisa say she was one shot killing people randomly.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
when you pull anything else out of a bag in the pack it does not go back to that bag. Like luck suit parts. that would be to much to ask of them to program something new.
So if i happen to have 24 spellbooks in my strap then somehow have 125 items in my pack my expensive 50sdi book just falls to ground if I'm lucky or mysteriously goes poof?? Ok i can even accept that maybe the books shouldn't go back in (why do some then) but the absolute lack of any response on the OFFICIAL forum is maddening.....they wonder why people become angry and disgruntled

Theno

Visitor
So if i happen to have 24 spellbooks in my strap then somehow have 125 items in my pack my expensive 50sdi book just falls to ground if I'm lucky or mysteriously goes poof?? Ok i can even accept that maybe the books shouldn't go back in (why do some then) but the absolute lack of any response on the OFFICIAL forum is maddening.....they wonder why people become angry and disgruntled
...errm it was always like this if you overload your character? Not getting your complaint here? :eyes:
If you're too lazy to see how many items you have in your BP (or even try to exploit the maximum backpack, cough, cough)... errm. Right.
And that makes the Devs responsible for your stup silly lazyness... exactly how?
If I would be Yoshi, I would tell you: Did you send in an offical bug report for this and it is even reproducable?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think you need to be more careful when managing your books and total inventory count. The Spellbook (and Runebook) Straps are not broken.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
seehere.png

my question was hypothetical as you can see i have far from 125 items and room in strap when i change between slayers the books should indeed go back into the strap otherwise what is the point ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is not giving you the specific details. Certain books do not go back in when you switch. So if you never use those books you will not see this.

I'm waiting for this to also be a stealth fix of reapers :devil:

This is interesting though:

• Resolved issues related to players wearing reflect physical damage items while fighting specific AIs
Is this a stealth Niera fix given that I heard several people other than Larisa say she was one shot killing people randomly.
Yes She was stealing that ability from players and reflecting damage back onto them multiple times.
So if you were wearing reflect phy armor you would die. Was happening with Dark Father and another Mob also.

But if you did not wear reflect phy armor, you did not notice anything different.

But since the change to AI was announced and the fix was announced, there was no stealth involved.

So the devs that don't fix bugs somehow fixed a bug. Maybe Prioritizing them? Like professionals do.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He is not giving you the specific details. Certain books do not go back in when you switch. So if you never use those books you will not see this.

Yes She was stealing that ability from players and reflecting damage back onto them multiple times.
So if you were wearing reflect phy armor you would die. Was happening with Dark Father and another Mob also.

But if you did not wear reflect phy armor, you did not notice anything different.

But since the change to AI was announced and the fix was announced, there was no stealth involved.

So the devs that don't fix bugs somehow fixed a bug. Maybe Prioritizing them? Like professionals do.
It's different slayers and main 50 sdi book you know demon slayer that everyone would have used last dungeon

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Priorities :pie:

Do people still lose swampies or did they ever fix that? Borked health bars, ghost mobs, ...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Priorities :pie:

Do people still lose swampies or did they ever fix that? Borked health bars, ghost mobs, ...
The swampy issue is not something you can reproduce easily. I lost one and a GM returned it to me while I was afk. Mesanna came to Hythloth and returned one to a player. I have no idea what you mean by health bars or ghost mobs.

I have no idea why mine went poof after I had died a bazillion times and died a bazillion more times with no issue. I did the same things each time. I'm glad you can armchair quarterback from your computer tho.

If Joe Burrow would have done what I was yelling from my chair, he would have won the Superbowl.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ghost mobs being dead creatures still standing and able to be targeted. Happens a lot in high spawn areas (champ spawns, Treasures of events). It’s incredibly annoying. I believe it’s a issue only in EC. Logging out and logging in sometimes clears them.

They claimed to fix the bug a few updates back but it still remained during the Hythloth event and persists today.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ghost mobs being dead creatures still standing and able to be targeted. Happens a lot in high spawn areas (champ spawns, Treasures of events). It’s incredibly annoying. I believe it’s a issue only in EC. Logging out and logging in sometimes clears them.

They claimed to fix the bug a few updates back but it still remained during the Hythloth event and persists today.
Not just logging out you have to log out where you are seeing them so like in the dungeon or spawn area you know not safe places...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea I would agree with this. I'm not sure how Reflect Phys Damage became a top bug priority to fix but it does seem like there would be higher priority things to fix instead of that.

Does anyone else have a random crashing issue while in CC and using the in-game macro for use resource (ie enchanted apple / smoke bomb / etc)? I've set the macro up on 2 different toons (1 toon had it for smoke bomb & another for enchanted apple) and each toon has had the client crash when using the macro at seemingly random times; meaning it works most of the time but every so often it will crash (usually having me log back in dead).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reflect Phys Damage became a top bug priority to fix
It was new and part of their own code. I think Niera is a common spawn. Players in fel use reflect armor.

Was also doing it on other bosses.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
does anyone know about this? i died went and got rez and i healed up fast. i was still getting hit 5 or 6 times by something. almost died again. nothing was around to hit me. anyone know what might have happened?
EDIT i ran over 12 screens away for rez, wandering healer. far away from anyone/anything.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
does anyone know about this? i died went and got rez and i healed up fast. i was still getting hit 5 or 6 times by something. almost died again. nothing was around to hit me. anyone know what might have happened?
Depends on where u died. I've had it happen where I'll bounce around on screen after being rezzed so I don't actually see anything on screen until I toggle war mode a few times or teleport. Basically my toon is showing 1 tile off where he really is which impacts the displays of things on screen. Coulda been just something regular hitting you but because your display was 1 tile off you wouldn't have seen it unless u rubberbanded back to your true position.