• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 112 Coming to Origin, Izumo & Baja, TC1 Updated

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2/2/2022 Greetings, We are pleased to announce Publish 112 will be deployed to Origin, Izumo, and Baja during their next regularly scheduled maintenance. We have also updated TC1. Check out the full publish notes for full details, highlights include – Refactored the Monster-Proof Chest to the Chalice of Pilfering Protection, an elegant sculpture that will grant the user protection from monster looting once per 24 hours. Updated the Potion Vat to hold up to 10 different types of potion kegs, 10 of each type for a total of 100 kegs. Pet costumes will now automagically re-equip upon resurrecting a dead […]

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, yall wanted the chest changed. It was done. :lol:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Chest change was for the best. It was a good compromise to be completely unlootable by monsters for 2 hours every 24.... so for 1/12 of the day Trammies can run around in God mode.

They are rushing the release though. The vat is bugged now. It's not allowing me to remove the kegs.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Some are saying kegs they copied over work. I think there may be a conflict with older test center kegs and the new patch.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Some are saying kegs they copied over work. I think there may be a conflict with older test center kegs and the new patch.
It worked before though with the TC1 kegs before they made the change.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's why I am saying old *pre-patch* kegs + New Vat = Broken.

I just copied a new character over and used those kegs..still not working. Adding them, yes..removing them, no.

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh no on kegs issues. Just snapped they will hold more so yay on that!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
That's why I am saying old *pre-patch* kegs + New Vat = Broken.

I just copied a new character over and used those kegs..still not working. Adding them, yes..removing them, no.
i was able to remove it, but it fell to the ground.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sounds like there are already bugs on Origin with the vet reward gump and reflect damage... who knows about the potion keg vat if it will accept all types because they didn't really give us the resources to test it on TC1 (the resources they did broke it). Honestly can't say I'm the slightest surprised when Misk is "running QA".

Sad. Not to be all cynical but this is the kind of thing that makes me wonder if the game will even be around another 2-3 years for me to ever claim my 25yr shield (let alone 10-15 for those players that far away).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I get the vet reward gump on one account but not the other. Was not planning on getting the vat right away but I don't remember how many picks I have. Odd that it's showing on one and not the other.

Also had someone say Nierra one-shot kills now...does that have anything to do with the reflect change...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also had someone say Nierra one-shot kills now...does that have anything to do with the reflect change...
Reflect damage puts damage back onto the aggressor. So if they hit Neira and died then maybe. But if Neira one shot killed them, No.

That special is not listed for that mob.

They prob got blood Oathed by a mob there and hit it without noticing.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They prob got blood Oathed by a mob there and hit it without noticing.
Yea this is what I was thinking since she casts blood oath. That type of thing happened enough in the past for me to run resist on my sampire because unless you are running a script, you will eventually (and possibly frequently) kill yourself due to a well timed oath.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cool item. Next tokuno style event I spare insure fee on drops for 2 hours each day.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yea this is what I was thinking since she casts blood oath. That type of thing happened enough in the past for me to run resist on my sampire because unless you are running a script, you will eventually (and possibly frequently) kill yourself due to a well timed oath.
No he'd notice.....he's been doing Nierra every day for....ever? Not something he would do.

Something else was changed....there are a few oddities this publish....will wait for further updates.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Sounds like there are already bugs on Origin with the vet reward gump and reflect damage... who knows about the potion keg vat if it will accept all types because they didn't really give us the resources to test it on TC1 (the resources they did broke it). Honestly can't say I'm the slightest surprised when Misk is "running QA".

Sad. Not to be all cynical but this is the kind of thing that makes me wonder if the game will even be around another 2-3 years for me to ever claim my 25yr shield (let alone 10-15 for those players that far away).
i crafted my own kegs on TC
and added potions bought from the alchemist
you can add and remove them easily.
if it makes you overweight, when you remove, they fall to the ground.

when you click to remove, it brings up this gump
1643985443214.png
you just click a dot to remove the keg you want

(making kegs is a somewhat long process.
so i didn't make that many kegs)

I did make one extra keg of both
to make sure that you can't add more than 10 of each type
(it wouldn't take them)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That gump looks pretty cool and all that was really needed. I really hope it works as it should but I wouldn't put much money on it. Ultimately losing a potion keg isnt the end of the world so even it loses something it's not a huge concern but my concern would be that it "breaks" the vat. The ones on TC1 accepted player made kegs but as soon as u added the bank box kegs it broke the vat so u couldn't access it.

I won't belabor the point as I've already raised concern that this vet reward is pretty much useless given that I can still stack more potions in a single pile in a secure crate (60k) than a single vat can hold. That said, I'd be curious if you had something like greater poison keg and deadly poison what would happen. How would you tell the difference? Would it break? Would it accept kegs filled with NPC potions? I don't plan of ever having this item to be worried about testing this stuff out but for those that do plan on it; it might be something you should test on TC1 while you still can (we all know Misk isn't testing anything).

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
That gump looks pretty cool and all that was really needed. I really hope it works as it should but I wouldn't put much money on it. Ultimately losing a potion keg isnt the end of the world so even it loses something it's not a huge concern but my concern would be that it "breaks" the vat. The ones on TC1 accepted player made kegs but as soon as u added the bank box kegs it broke the vat so u couldn't access it.

I won't belabor the point as I've already raised concern that this vet reward is pretty much useless given that I can still stack more potions in a single pile in a secure crate (60k) than a single vat can hold. That said, I'd be curious if you had something like greater poison keg and deadly poison what would happen. How would you tell the difference? Would it break? Would it accept kegs filled with NPC potions? I don't plan of ever having this item to be worried about testing this stuff out but for those that do plan on it; it might be something you should test on TC1 while you still can (we all know Misk isn't testing anything).
I used potions from NPC alchemist.
however when added, they didn't say the name of the potion
they said blue potion & red potion
(I didn't think to post, asking if it is supposed to do that)

Evi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried the Map Charter addon yet? It's telling me "The tool must be on your person to use" when I try to craft something. :confused2:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Has anyone tried the Map Charter addon yet? It's telling me "The tool must be on your person to use" when I try to craft something. :confused2:
it works for me on TC
are you standing close enough to it?
you have to stand directly in front of it or to the side.
one space away and you are too far

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
im fine with the vet rewards, had a hard time coming up with ideas.i have 2 to 3 different stacks of each potion. wish they all stacked hope the potion keg vet reward doesnt make it where i have 3 to 4 stacks lol

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
im fine with the vet rewards, had a hard time coming up with ideas.i have 2 to 3 different stacks of each potion. wish they all stacked hope the potion keg vet reward doesnt make it where i have 3 to 4 stacks lol
Not sure I understand your comment on "stacks" but potion vats will ONLY take full kegs. They will NOT take stacks of potions.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Who asked for the potion vat ? A commodity deed book has more value than a potion vat.
"people" requested it :devil:

I agree though and that was my argument from the start. The Autoloom falls into the same category for me where in most cases it's easier to buy bolts of cloth from the NPC tailor 500 at a time (easy to do at Luna bank and just bank it). Same thing with the Carto table; there is no need to make a map ever again once you are GM so why does anyone want a table to hold 5k pens?

That said, it sounds like there is a handful of people out there that collect wool so they will use the loom, there are people that still have potion kegs that will use the vat, and there are some people that would use table maybe while gaining skill.

I don't think the rewards are very enticing this year but I'm sure people will claim them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While I agree they seem rather lack luster... I do like the shield that's something to look forward to in a couple of years for me. But they flat out refused the idea's I've given as the saw mill, a book for all the 100's of holiday deeds... tokens etc... a deed book for just the shadow items, crystal items, all the other deeds in the game, from heritage token deeded items to those rugs and tapestries and all the trophy deeds smith reward deeds etc... would be nice... Are they too lazy to populate a list? We could certainly make them a list... they could make the item and then add to that list year after year... That could be a yearly thing they just have to add to the list... would be simple... they could say "The Deed book will now take the following new deeds" and call that something they did that would take them less than 10 min... (except they would have to learn to spell and proofread)... but you get the point.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I agree they seem rather lack luster... I do like the shield that's something to look forward to in a couple of years for me. But they flat out refused the idea's I've given as the saw mill, a book for all the 100's of holiday deeds... tokens etc... a deed book for just the shadow items, crystal items, all the other deeds in the game, from heritage token deeded items to those rugs and tapestries and all the trophy deeds smith reward deeds etc... would be nice... Are they too lazy to populate a list? We could certainly make them a list... they could make the item and then add to that list year after year... That could be a yearly thing they just have to add to the list... would be simple... they could say "The Deed book will now take the following new deeds" and call that something they did that would take them less than 10 min... (except they would have to learn to spell and proofread)... but you get the point.
If you ask them, you will find that their opinion is for us not to be hoarders. Use the tokens or give them away. That is what they intend.

Maybe they do no want us to hoard things for 10 to 30 years. If you want to be a hoarder, deal with that choice. Don't expect them to encourage that behavior.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you ask them, you will find that their opinion is for us not to be hoarders. Use the tokens or give them away. That is what they intend.

Maybe they do no want us to hoard things for 10 to 30 years. If you want to be a hoarder, deal with that choice. Don't expect them to encourage that behavior.
That's most of what this game is about anymore since AoS came about... is the acquisition of stuff. Even before that it was acquiring stuff... Whatever the devs tell themselves about it it is a lie... the game is about stuff. Collecting... once it was about community and being together to do things... and forming groups and guilds and such... but anymore it is full of greed and getting stuff... or just making money... and not gold... I'm talking money. But you use whatever excuses make you sleep well... Personally I think they could do better.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure I understand your comment on "stacks" but potion vats will ONLY take full kegs. They will NOT take stacks of potions.
all i meant was i hope when pulling out potion kegs, it doesnt affect them where u put in bottles but dont stacks with other bottles of the same type. i already have enough potions that dont stack lol

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
2 mistakes you made
#1 you didn't WHINE enough
#2 you didn't post a book everytime you asked for it

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1644268128501.png

I tested that Chalice on TC
you click on it like luck statue... BUT
the buff lasts for two hours
(logging out stops this timer)