• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 108 TC Release 1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2/20/2020 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the first Test Center release of Publish 108 will be deployed today. Some of the highlights included in this release are, Veteran Rewards Ultima Store Items Combat Updates Be sure to check out the full publish notes and head over to the forums to provide your feedback. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anvil of Artifacts : When crafting with a runic tool the resulting armor is still subject to random magic item properties.
Useless (my opinion. Maybe I had too high hopes.)

Bushido Evasion PvP is now subject to diminishing returns
Evasion gets another nerf? I thought it was already nerfed too much (my opinion)

Increased casting time from 1.5 to 2 seconds for Chivalry spell Remove Curse.
Seriously? Was anybody asking for this? Who was it that was on his knees begging "Oh Bleak oh Bleak please please please increase casting time for Remove Curse"?

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Who still use granite anyway?! I dont think anyone is doing custom houses with those walls anymore.
also, no words on the IDOC's? , so they will really postpone that...

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anvil of Artifacts : When crafting with a runic tool the resulting armor is still subject to random magic item properties.

Evasion gets another nerf? I thought it was already nerfed too much (my opinion)

Seriously? Was anybody asking for this? Who was it that was on his knees begging "Oh Bleak oh Bleak please please please increase casting time for Remove Curse"?
I was looking forward to the anvil but this is underwhelming. I'll do some testing with it on test center this weekend and post on the official forum. Hopefully others do the same and they listen to feedback and improve it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Shush you... I've wanted the Granite cart for a long time now... ...
Which reminds me I need to remodel my crafting house to accommodate the new stuffs...

Last edited:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Wandering healers can now be seen on the radar when a player is dead". Most useful thing in years.
This is a feature in the EC. Enjoyed it for years. It’s got me wi during what else classic chars are missing out on?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yet another reason why EC is cheating at UO.
insta dressing, insta arming, can find ya healers..... you all need a easy button!

when i was young we had to walk to school, up hill.... BOTH WAYS!
and we couldn't afford feet he had to walk on stumps!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bushido has had the holy living hell nerfed out of it repeatedly. Mostly because Mages keep getting ahold of it. I remember the days of Bush Mages able to keep Evasion up 24/7. Then they put a 20 second cooldown on it, and tied the duration with Wep Skill/Tactics/Anat. Too many ganksquads are complaining about not being able to consistently drop a Bush Dexxer in a focus dump, because they're too damn stupid to Disarm him before dumping on him.

Oh yeah? We had to walk to school, up hill, both ways, in a raging blizzard, butt naked, with a horny Yeti chasing us...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Finding the healer is the easy part, sometimes they just ignore you and you have to go find another one!

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think someone is thinking it was an advantage, remove curse.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
someone is thinking it was an advantage
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm thinking that the someone is only Bleak himself. He had a similar goofy idea in 2015 that pretty much all chivalry and bushido abilities were too advantageous and therefore should reset the swing timer. Well, Bleak, if you're reading this, you're not forgiven and I STILL want you to take the "reset the swing timer" thing out completely. If you think that having abilities with less than a second to trigger is a problem, then set them to be a one second trigger, sheesh, instead of penalizing the heck out of everyone who uses a slow swinging weapon.
Did I say sheesh? Sheesh!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and why is the programmer messing with things-not-broken instead of, you know, doing something useful like checking text that is sent to general chat for looking like Avatar spam?
Did I say "sheesh" before? Sheesh again!

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Pics of the War Boar? I might want a new mount.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
insta dressing, insta arming, can find ya healers..... you all need a easy button!

Some are walking to school both ways, rail assisted ...so I've heard.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido has had the holy living hell nerfed out of it repeatedly. Mostly because Mages keep getting ahold of it. I remember the days of Bush Mages able to keep Evasion up 24/7. Then they put a 20 second cooldown on it, and tied the duration with Wep Skill/Tactics/Anat. Too many ganksquads are complaining about not being able to consistently drop a Bush Dexxer in a focus dump, because they're too damn stupid to Disarm him before dumping on him.

Oh yeah? We had to walk to school, up hill, both ways, in a raging blizzard, butt naked, with a horny Yeti chasing us...
I think its good that evasion got a nerf for the pvp part, for the pvm not so much.
If 4 guys dump on 1 guy, he should go down, regardless of template.
Another thing i really, and i do mean REALLY like about the change, is that DS'ers with bush-parry got nerfed as well.
Had hoped for a splinter nerf, but guess i cant have it all :)

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why all the changes to PVP. If they stopped scripts people would actually learn how to PVP and they wouldnt need to change it every 2 months. Not much skill in hitting a Play button. Also kind of stupid to put in a patch just for pixels. Like we need more items, we need a smooth running game not another ethy mount.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you remember, the last couple of publishes we haven't gotten the 'meaty' stuff till the later parts. This is only part one, pvp will take a lot of testing to balance - if balance in pvp is possible at all - personally I think it's not.

I don't pvp, but my personal preferance would have been for a penalty something along the lines of limiting bushido where there is magery in the template.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Few things I noticed in very limited testing:
  1. Healers show on radar for classic client as expect (love it as a CC user).
  2. The spiral staircase seems to be a one-way use (to go upstairs)? Also it's a bit tricky to use because if it's not up against a wall it seems like it took me a few attempts each time (could just be me... and the whiskey).
  3. The goat statue looks like a mini goat compared to the pig statue which looks like a boss hog. Pig probably should be a bit smaller (or goat maybe a little bigger?).
  4. Ancient Anvil has me confused (again limited testing). For an exceptional piece with a regular crafting tool (I used sewing) you get to seemingly add additional resist? It's possible to stack all resist points into one resist (I did energy) and when you craft exceptionally the piece will have regular resists in the other resists and had (seemingly) the extra resists in the selected resist (the piece I made had like 19 energy resist).
    • I couldn't seem to get the runic part to work. Does anyone know the expected outcome for runics (or at least the intention of how it should work)?? I tried to basically put ALL resist into energy so there would be like 25 points on the piece and it didn't work; it went to like 14 or 15 and another resist was 14 or 15 (plus had some mods). I'm not sure if maybe it isn't designed to work that way (purposely) or if it's broken and it's just ignoring the anvil.
  5. War boar is pretty cool (and ugly) looking. It's a nice add for players that like vanity mounts (I probably won't choose one; will just stick to my llamas).

This might be a dumb question but is there an easy place (besides here) to find out what the actual expected results of the items/tests are? I don't mind doing some high level testing just to see how the new stuff works but it's hard to understand without knowing what a successful test would be. Before someone says that I could go to the forums and ask the Devs... these things honestly don't do much for me personally so I'm not going to devote a ton of time to testing the in and outs. If I can help a bit I will but given that I'm not being paid to test and it's testing stuff I likely won't use I'm not going to jump through hoops (especially since I only get limited time to actually play the game).

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This might be a dumb question but is there an easy place (besides here) to find out what the actual expected results of the items/tests are? I don't mind doing some high level testing just to see how the new stuff works but it's hard to understand without knowing what a successful test would be. Before someone says that I could go to the forums and ask the Devs
The answer is the one you don’t want to hear, but it is the answer. Official forums.

Unfortunately they don’t always give expected results for some things so you either have to ask what it is (if it isn’t clear from the patch notes) or share your detailed results and ask if this is the intended result (particularly if it doesn’t line up with how you think something should work).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why all the changes to PVP. If they stopped scripts people would actually learn how to PVP and they wouldnt need to change it every 2 months. Not much skill in hitting a Play button. Also kind of stupid to put in a patch just for pixels. Like we need more items, we need a smooth running game not another ethy mount.
Not just you. Any interested parties.
If you want to add feedback then do it here: PvP Feedback

If not don't complain when 5 posters change how PvP works.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Typically I don't agree with many of the other people that complain about pretty much any changes but I kind of agree @Laura_Gold on the "why fix non-broken things"... :eek:

It's not a total blanket statement though because I understand there can be power creep things that need addressed.

I don't PvP anymore so it wouldn't bother me whatever changes they make directly to PvP to address power creep but it does suck to see those changes impact other facets of the game (like PvM - specifically evade / remove curse). Speaking strictly from a PvM standpoint there is no issue with remove curse casting or using evade. I'd much rather them look into the "random" number generator that Draconi admitted wasn't truly random (unless taking a massive data set)...or look into the in game luck to see how it really impacts the game (I still don't buy that it does much vs RNG). In my opinion these things are actually not working as designed (they admitted RNG didn't work exactly as intended and luck pretty much works off RNG so....) and would have much more of an impact.

I get it though. There is no pleasing everyone so the same people that are complaining about these changes would still complain when stuff like RNG/Luck or other issues are looked into (I won't even get into IDOCs) so it seems like it doesn't really matter what the Devs work on lol. I will admit, I would NOT want to be a Dev.

It seems like the only thing that is safe for the the Devs to do these days is adding new artwork (that doesn't actually do anything new)... so awesome can't wait for the goat / pig / ice fiend reward statues and Garden sculpture / wine rack pixels to go live!! :hahaha::devil:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The blue looks horrible on the war boar

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Pinco's was a scripters dream request list wrapped into an "experimental" program. When UO decided "NOT" to incorporate it, UO let this "scripters wet dream" become overwhelmingly popular and couldn't stop its use. Just my worthless two bits

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol... You can only create scripts for the features built into the EC which do nothing like the scripts can do on the cc.. Not even close but nice try... We all know what 3rd party stuff the scripts are run on... Google both clients and try to find anything for the EC and cc cheats....

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lol... You can only create scripts for the features built into the EC which do nothing like the scripts can do on the cc.. Not even close but nice try... We all know what 3rd party stuff the scripts are run on... Google both clients and try to find anything for the EC and cc cheats....

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
Wild Idea wit bug up arse. If Pinco would take over Tugsoft and incorporate all the "changes" he did for EC, I would subscribe to it in half a heart beat!!!
(Me not smart enough to script CC)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The boar is fifteen years?! Maaaaaaaaaaaan.... I won't be eligible for a couple more years. I was probably one of like 3 fans of it too.

:'(
Screenshot (240).png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I plan on giving one to my Orc... I am not a fan of the bright blue but it's all good.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I plan on giving one to my Orc... I am not a fan of the bright blue but it's all good.
I would love for the color to be selectable with the retouching tool, but I know it would be a very limited return on dev time investment to make it happen.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would love for the color to be selectable with the retouching tool, but I know it would be a very limited return on dev time investment to make it happen.
Mor just remove the color or make bark brown
And make so they can be ethereal

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wanted to suggest that myself... I personally would prefer red or no color... but I'm good... it's like the red nails on the store pet... I forget what it's called... don't like those either.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm thinking that the someone is only Bleak himself. He had a similar goofy idea in 2015 that pretty much all chivalry and bushido abilities were too advantageous and therefore should reset the swing timer. Well, Bleak, if you're reading this, you're not forgiven and I STILL want you to take the "reset the swing timer" thing out completely. If you think that having abilities with less than a second to trigger is a problem, then set them to be a one second trigger, sheesh, instead of penalizing the heck out of everyone who uses a slow swinging weapon.
Did I say sheesh? Sheesh!
Aye! I would also like to know where the advantage is, that it is necessary to increase the cooling time of this skill. If you pull the memory the same thing happened with the Gargoyles race, when someone thought that 50 hit chance inclease was too high.
well after that no one else wanted to play with a gargoyle
using it thowing, at 45 the skill was ... well ... impractical, because the hit of the weapon was a joke.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL 2 granite a day. Why not do 10 like all the other items.
That does seem pretty garbage. Especially when you consider it only holds 20 units, whereas the sheep, for example, lets you store 100 total units.

Poo is so old his memories are from pre-pre-Alpha, when LB was still working on hunting behavior AI :mf_prop:

Not just you. Any interested parties.
If you want to add feedback then do it here: PvP Feedback

If not don't complain when 5 posters change how PvP works.
I am glad people are still trying to fix PvP. I largely stopped playing UO because of how broken PvP was. I got tired of watching people speeding by on Cu Sidhes, hitting a dismount macro for a 100% bola. I figured, after a while, there is only so much the devs have the power to do. My solution was to find a different game to meet my PvP needs *shrugs* but I will always remember the good 'ol days, and when "special moves" were introduced after T2A.

That's pretty sweet. I think the blue actually mimics real life quite well.

Example A:

The boar is fifteen years?! Maaaaaaaaaaaan.... I won't be eligible for a couple more years. I was probably one of like 3 fans of it too.

:'(
View attachment 105936
Did you all vote on this choice, or?

One question:

1) Can the Power Tools be recharged, and if so, how?

Also, I like the Spiral Staircase idea!

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
and why is the programmer messing with things-not-broken instead of, you know, doing something useful like checking text that is sent to general chat for looking like Avatar spam?
Did I say "sheesh" before? Sheesh again!
A good tip to turn cheeks must be a pretty good tip