• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 103 Update to TC1 & Keep Winners!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
11/16/2018 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the next update of Publish 103 has been released to TC1. There are a number of updates to the Krampus encounter, as well as Holiday Gifts & the Artisan Festival. Visit the Publish 103 wiki page to learn more. We are also pleased to announce the winners of the Publish 103 Keep Contest! Robin’s Nest by Robin Traditional Keep by Newcastle Arms Villa Crowley by Mr. Crowley Darkthorn Keep by Violet Darkthorn The Sandalwood Keep by Holly Casa Maya by Mandrake Visit TC1 to check out these great designs and congratulations to the […]

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yay! I voted for Mr. Crowley, his design was fantabulous! Congrats on all the winners!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Interesting to note that they are doing something about the interaction of the HUGE Britain guard zone with current and event trade orders.

I brought the subject up at the Lake Austin meet-and-greet, and Mesanna didn't know what the hell I was talking about. One of the Devs must have gone in after that, and found out just how FUBAR that guard zone is for the ambushes, for people who aren't weapon or pet users.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm very happy my Keep made #2 on the list... I've already begun packing up my current keep to convert.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting to note that they are doing something about the interaction of the HUGE Britain guard zone with current and event trade orders.

I brought the subject up at the Lake Austin meet-and-greet, and Mesanna didn't know what the hell I was talking about. One of the Devs must have gone in after that, and found out just how FUBAR that guard zone is for the ambushes, for people who aren't weapon or pet users.

My personal opinion, is they didn't have much of a clue about the game and how it felt for the players 1-2 years ago.

I think they've learned a lot, taken a lot on board, and are really progressing in some positive directions all round.

Really beginning to see some results now.

I'm not a castle deco person, but they've done a lot for that player-base and a lot have enjoyed it. They are hitting trade routes as you say, another good area, and just so much more. Whilst I have certainly criticized a lot in the past, because UO was going to pieces, I feel they are really on a decent track right now.

Up to my post - I have just "liked" 11 positive posts, which is nice to see, and deserved all round.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good artisan rewards, but they should remove all the ones from previous years.
So that you only get the new ones. I assume most have plenty of the ones from previous years already.

Also the holliday gifts, its good with different season gifts etc, but do we really need 5 items pr gift? with 7 chars on one account thats like 35items total to store up, and omg imagine if you have 2 or 3 accounts... thats alot of items. You could ofcourse sort out the bags before you store the items, but that takes alot of time, and also brings me to next point:

Cleanup points.
Most of the items in these bags have 0 or 1cleaup point. The list of cleaup items should be updated, theres alot of items that gives none cleanuppoints.
Also update the reward picks on NPC officer, think its been same for 4-5years now. (with the exception of some dyes added!)

Thank you

(Now what would really impress me is an update to the vvv system, fix bugs, rewards, points, add a meaning to it, make it feel worth capturing 100 towns a day, and the most important part add scores, guilds and lists to uo.com like the old faction system had) if all this happends, big star from me to the dev team :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also the holliday gifts, its good with different season gifts etc, but do we really need 5 items pr gift? with 7 chars on one account thats like 35items total to store up, and omg imagine if you have 2 or 3 accounts... thats alot of items. You could ofcourse sort out the bags before you store the items, but that takes alot of time, and also brings me to next point:
Umm, some like to collect, or go for a particular name on an item. I vote no-if it's too much for you to store, well, put it down at the bank, or don't even claim it at all... No use messing up everyone else cause it's too much, it might not be for someone else

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cleanup points.
Most of the items in these bags have 0 or 1cleaup point. The list of cleaup items should be updated, theres alot of items that gives none cleanuppoints.
Also update the reward picks on NPC officer, think its been same for 4-5years now. (with the exception of some dyes added!)

Thank you

(Now what would really impress me is an update to the vvv system, fix bugs, rewards, points, add a meaning to it, make it feel worth capturing 100 towns a day, and the most important part add scores, guilds and lists to uo.com like the old faction system had) if all this happends, big star from me to the dev team :)
Yes, we need to get you out of Luna more. :)

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.. Can someone tell me where the page is to view the winners and/or other submissions?

I can't find it on the home page. Sorry, I'm probably overlooking something very obvious, but I can't seem to find it. :(

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.. Can someone tell me where the page is to view the winners and/or other submissions?
Dont think anyone has posted pics from them yet, but you can log on to Test center and check them one screen east of wbb.
Theres a stone where you can teleport to each contribution of the final contest. :)

I voted for Robins, think it was quite nice, happy he was one of the winners :)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe does not matter so much but Robin is a she. From Lake Superior.

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont think anyone has posted pics from them yet, but you can log on to Test center and check them one screen east of wbb.
Theres a stone where you can teleport to each contribution of the final contest. :)

I voted for Robins, think it was quite nice, happy he was one of the winners :)
Thanks Chap!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would someone go see on TC if the keeps show for them? To me they are all gone. Items in some are on the grass, my characters are all still there.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just checked one - #1 - Robins Nest. Empty area ... only grass and a few birds. I think they have wiped all the keeps (or at least the winners) in prep for rollout.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is my winning design #2 the Traditional Keep Remastered:
Keep Remastered Level 1.jpg Keep Remastered Level 2.jpg Keep Remastered Level 3.jpg Keep Remastered Level Roof.jpg

I circled locations of Secret Doors, a spot you can drop out of, and elements left in so you can add walls without leaving gaps...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks like it was just Malas housing that was wiped. Trammel/Felucca keeps/houses are still there.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good artisan rewards, but they should remove all the ones from previous years.
So that you only get the new ones. I assume most have plenty of the ones from previous years already.

Cleanup points.

Thank you

Well said..

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED