• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 101 World Wide Release

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/19/2018 Greetings, We are pleased to announce Publish 101 will be released with each shard’s regularly scheduled maintenance beginning September 20th, 2018. Publish 101 is full of features that you can review in the notes. Please note the following, The new quest & caddellite crafting will be activated manually following each shard being published. Please be patient as we work through each shard. The Treasures of Khaldun, Trick or Treating, Pumpkin Patches, and Zombie Skeletons will not be active until October 1st. The classic Keep design has been adjusted to accommodate current and planned changes. Please review the notes for […]

Continue reading...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So just the housing is active

If you read the notes Ann rewards are sep 1 or is this a mistake

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it's awesome that they are fixing classic keeps to open up the unused space. See, they listen.
Yes but I don't know about you but I have no way to get in there.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think it's awesome that they are fixing classic keeps to open up the unused space. See, they listen.
Yeah, the fact that are are doing SO much with this old housing code is amazing and much needed. I applaud the team for doing this..messing with housing at ALL is scary lol so the fact that this new conversion thing has gone without too many issues is just awesome.

Nathan

Adventurer
Yeah, the fact that are are doing SO much with this old housing code is amazing and much needed. I applaud the team for doing this..messing with housing at ALL is scary lol so the fact that this new conversion thing has gone without too many issues is just awesome.
Larisa

Now you have gone and jinxed it. Lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Last day to place keeps then with a tree inside the house and in the clearing east, west and north. The might get rare in the future! And they are proparly placed, at least until tomorrow.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are resetting the constellation names on Origin just for you. :danceb:

Damn I'm gonna be busy starting tomorrow.

:cheerleader: Lets do This! :cheerleader:

@Cyrah you have a chance to find the first Constellation. I work late tomorrow.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So does that mean they are making changes to the old Keep we have now, so that more of the space is usable?? If this is the case then oh happy day! I'm glad they did listen to us about how bad decorating Keeps is.... good job! :thumbsup:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So does that mean they are making changes to the old Keep we have now, so that more of the space is usable?? If this is the case then oh happy day! I'm glad they did listen to us about how bad decorating Keeps is.... good job! :thumbsup:
Not yet...they are just getting them ready for a future publish.

Currently what it looks like is they are creating an invisible foundation (Hence them making the indentations impassible)

KeepConcept.jpg

so that it will be easier in the future to work with it...so you won't be able to do anything with current keeps YET....stay tuned for it in an upcoming publish! :)

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not really excited since the new content won't be playable for another month. Don't much care for the housing changes.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Does that also mean that they will eventually allow keeps and castles with trees to be customized? I know they were talking about the possibility of that recently.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something is odd on LS.

upload_2018-9-19_18-32-21.png

Its a sign. @Cyrah . Your brethren are waiting for you.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
"Scrolls from the Khal Ankur champ spawn will be shard bound."

This is the beginning of the end for x-sharding.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see the mask/pendant are garbage still.

I for one, love it when they come out with content that has potential complete with obsolete rewards at the start! :thumbup:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Scrolls from the Khal Ankur champ spawn will be shard bound."

This is the beginning of the end for x-sharding.
Yup every 120 scroll a pet cant eat will be dropped on the ground. Yay?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Currently what it looks like is they are creating an invisible foundation (Hence them making the indentations impassible)

View attachment 87128

so that it will be easier in the future to work with it...so you won't be able to do anything with current keeps YET....stay tuned for it in an upcoming publish! :)
Yeah, they are now doing the stuff we asked for in the first place years ago, that they said wasn't possible.
Nobody would have needed these new designs of "castle" if they had just listened and put doorwyas instead of ledges, tweaked a wall or 2, ect. to the original designs.....
Could have saved themselves 20 months of work...….(yeah I know, it only took them a month really, they just blagged the other 19)

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wonder how long it will be until they listen and let us customize keeps/castles now, rather than 4-5 people getting theirs that nobody wanted and that those people themselves didn't finish (no house is ever finished...). I get the server lag issue and that it's easiest on the lag with pre-fabricated houses... but how much lag is there really around Yew's moongate? I for one would enjoy a lag spike... maybe it would mean that there is a rockin house nearby.

What I am saying is.. that 18x18s are just a "little" too cramped. I mean... if I had just 1 extra tile or 2, my customized house would be all I ever wanted in UO. *Cries a River.* While I'm on my begging horse.... please give us stone dye tubs for the houses... the agapite/dull copper walls and all of the pigments we can dye them with and whatnot just do not cut it. None of those colors match the castle wall colors (my 18x18 is castle colored...) So the top looks like... not matching. Anyway, peace all and thanks for trying. Just.... dooooo... it. We can handle the lag, we grew up with UO in 97' for crying out loud. It took 20 minutes for me to walk by Britain bank back then. Those were the good days.

Housing brings back subs... but no returning players will ever have a castle/keep in a million years with the way things are now. The fact that we have 6 extra designs that people with 50 accounts/friends designed doesn't really matter to returning subs. And when they do return, they will look at them and say..... "Really???". Not good. Let us customize!! Wait until you see MY castle. Someday, even if it's on a free shard that has the imaginary server capacity (somehow they do?).

While I'm at it... bring back the phoenix in the cave even if it is un-tame-able. Pwweeease reinstate the phoenix to it's rightful place in UO lore and history. (Points to his signature at the bottom.) If I was a returning player... I would go to Shame, the Orc Fort, and then to see the phoenix. It's kind of critical... anyway, peace guys. That's my plea for changes for this month.

Last edited:

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 87128

Uggg and I thought they were ready to go, freaking packed up and removed my custom roof last night, now all my chars banks are packed for a future publish?

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crafting with dull and higher granite and than color with natural or pigments

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to dye each paver/wall individually so prepare to use a lot of dyes.