• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 101 Update to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8/31/2018 Greetings, The latest update to Publish 101 is now available on TC1. Publish 101 is full of new features including 21st Anniversary Rewards, Treasures of Khaldun, and more! Be sure to check the notes for full release details. As always we look forward to your feedback. Please note there is a mandatory client patch associated with this release and you must patch up before accessing TC1 or production shards! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:cheerleader: There are some great useful items to collect. If they do not nerf this there will be a total change to pvp suits. :cheerleader: More jobs for crafters making the new pvp jewelry.

Loving this.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the new crafted items only during the event.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Wow. There is some interesting stuff in there.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is the mask available to test without having to gather the cult items. Seems to me this is an item that requires more testing for bugs and such!!

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

This mask cannot enter the game. Not in its current state. Absolutely too powerful.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This mask cannot enter the game. Not in its current state. Absolutely too powerful.
LOL looks like I am correct!

If they do not nerf this there will be a total change to pvp suits.
NERF THE MASK. :p The pvpers can not handle any changes.

The bandage holder (30 points) and masks are cheap on TC. I hope there is some high end deco that costs more.

upload_2018-8-31_20-43-58.png

upload_2018-8-31_20-44-59.png

upload_2018-8-31_20-46-16.png

Same +4 dex boots.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allen, where are you in that picture? Is there a gate to it? New art is great! nvm I see where! My bad.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That mask is ********. What in the hell. Can't wait to get trigger meteor swarmed

*Starts freeing up headslot on every char*

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That mask is ********. What in the hell. Can't wait to get trigger meteor swarmed
Charged items (this one shouldn't function any differently) act as if they're cast by a 80.0 eval-int caster.
5 minute cooldown.... there's no difference between Pre-casting meteor swarm right now.

It's interruptible therefore it has a cast time, if the description is wrong, it's a separate issue. meaning, It's no different than if you pre-cast meteor swarm now... How many people are doing that?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they should add double/triple karma loss to the mask while being worn. I don't think its that OP, although it should require mana to cast the MS.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Allen, where are you in that picture? Is there a gate to it? New art is great! nvm I see where! My bad.
Allen who are you. Silly Llama. Glad you got to meet Khaelor and Dot.

yeah you are correct in not understanding how strong it is, what value does that mask have to a pvmer again? ill wait
Mask HP +10 Mana +10 LMC 10% but the main thing is the 50Ep!! The spell sux.

You will just make new rings and have 2 new values in those spots.

It is crap for PvM. Did not kill the harpy. Has a timer.

upload_2018-8-31_21-24-39.png

upload_2018-8-31_21-28-34.png

A new item for PvPers. Can they handle it! :p

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People saying the mask is OP because of the "meteor swarm" just demonstrated how clueless they are when it comes to pvp. This is why I always say, "all the "good" players have already quit playing UO" very few exceptions to that, though some do still exist.

These are the same people crying about how shatter potions are destroying pvp.... the only reason they don't like shatter potions is because they can't hold their own without the crutches of potions to begin with... simple fact.

carry on :D

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Charged items (this one shouldn't function any differently) act as if they're cast by a 80.0 eval-int caster.
5 minute cooldown.... there's no difference between Pre-casting meteor swarm right now.

It's interruptible therefore it has a cast time, if the description is wrong, it's a separate issue. meaning, It's no different than if you pre-cast meteor swarm now... How many people are doing that?

Test it out and see if that's how it works. I bet it also bypasses fcr

The real kicker is 50 ep and 10 hpi. Ignore the meteor. The mods are nuts

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People saying the mask is OP because of the "meteor swarm" just demonstrated how clueless they are when it comes to pvp. This is why I always say, "all the "good" players have already quit playing UO" very few exceptions to that, though some do still exist.

These are the same people crying about how shatter potions are destroying pvp.... the only reason they don't like shatter potions is because they can't hold their own without the crutches of potions to begin with... simple fact.

It has a long cast time, you are frozen while casting, it did 5 damage to me and has a timer.

I think the other stats will change suit design for pvp. They want EP on jewels, now it is on a hat.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Imo the ep should be 25 tops

10lmc
10mana
5hpi
25 ep

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Its op because of the 50ep the meteor is whatever. You think you know so much it amazes me

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Imo the ep should be 25 tops

10lmc
10mana
5hpi
25 ep
Its op because of the 50ep
It frees up 200 imbuing points on jewelry and has some nice stats. Now you can choose 20 skill points or 2 other things on the jewels. Does it really do more than that?

Having more imbuing points should be something a UO player would want.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Haha, yea, because the "trigger meteor swarm" comment is directed at the EP... good call. :next:
Oh sorry let me explain to you better: The 50 Ep and 10 HPI is a crutch to creating even more powerful suits where 900 skill points is actually achievable. Keep playing in that 2005 uo mindset :next:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ep 50 = 2 mod weight
10 Mana = 1 mod
10 How = 2 mod
10 lmc = 1 mod
Resists

It's not that OP, it adjusts certain characters using skill points hats, scholars Halo etc.

If it's drop is only out for 2 months I support it

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh sorry let me explain to you better: The 50 Ep and 10 HPI is a crutch to creating even more powerful suits where 900 skill points is actually achievable. Keep playing in that 2005 uo mindset :next:
900 skill points? That's actually easier to achieve without using this mask... and people are already utilizing the other helmet (+skill bonus) options already.... did you fall off?

you're not yourself today.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ep 50 = 2 mod weight
10 Mana = 1 mod
10 How = 2 mod
10 lmc = 1 mod
Resists

It's not that OP, it adjusts certain characters using skill points hats, scholars Halo etc.

If it's drop is only out for 2 months I support it
If you want to get technical its 694/500 weight without the resists and the dumb meteor swarm, so no

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
900 skill points? That's actually easier to achieve without using this mask... and people are already utilizing the other helmet (+skill bonus) options already.... did you fall off?

you're not yourself today.
Please show me a player with 900 skill points and 50 EP

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Do the Halo, what's that roll? I mean the 10 HPI is heavy, the 50 EP is the draw, it makes it have a purpose. Or why would I take captain John's off?

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do the Halo, what's that roll? I mean the 10 HPI is heavy, the 50 EP is the draw, it makes it have a purpose. Or why would I take captain John's off?
Because your not a swordsman?

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The halo is already the strongest artifact in game this mask is even better

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Okay, cool - so weight the Halo out? What am I? An Archer? Vvv hunters headdress isn't too shabby .

Throw on a mark of travesty 10 years old item, its in use for a reason.

Maybe that meteor swarm is busted? Other than that I don't see whatnthe concern is here , and it will be a limited drop I suppose?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please show me a player with 900 skill points and 50 EP
show me one using this mask.

My DS'er is 890 skill with 20 from the capt' johns hat. (+20) swords, if I could get better jewels I could end up with well over 900 skill points, but that would still be with the +20 swords from the hat... so not likely to happen if I used this mask instead.. not to mention I'd actually drop below 45 Hci (which is more important).

You act like it's impossible to do these things before this mask comes out and think it'll be even easier just because jewels without EP would become useful alternatives.
Sure, it'll be easier to stack skill points with jewelry, it'll be just as difficult to get the right combination of skills that compliment your template though.

Overall, you'd end up with less potential skill bonus with this mask than you could without it. should have been obvious, giving this mask doesn't have skill bonus... it's also lacking DCI, HCI, FC & FCR which are ALL more important properties to Every template over skill bonus.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The problem is now u are allowing players to get everything they need without it being specific to jewelry, enhance potions was probably the last thing besides the random balakai staff templates
And statistically jewelry rolls with the most weight out of anything in the game, thus allowing jewels that were once worthless to now be viable with 60/70 skills on them

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And statistically jewelry rolls with the most weight out of anything in the game, thus allowing jewels that were once worthless to now be viable with 60/70 skills on them
Mmmk, How is making jewelry that was once worthless to now be viable options a bad thing?

the item-weight argument is false, but I understand it's more about the properties that are currently limited to jewerly that cannot spawn on other items.

but the thing is, you can find jewelry with all the "important" mods and then some. so what difference does it really make?

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Something like this makes much more sense, why not put a resurrection as the spell so dexxers could rez without noble sac to to 0 hp or applying 5-6 bandaids? meteor worthless

Mask of Khal Ankur
Weight: 3 Stones
Resurrection Charges: 1
Coddelite Infused
Hit Point Increase 5
Mana Increase 10
Hit Point Regeneration 2
Enhance Potions 25%
Lower Mana Cost 10%
Physical Resist 15%
Fire Resist 15%
Cold Resist 15%
Poison Resist 15%
Energy Resist 15%
Strength Requirement 10
Durability 255 / 255

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haha, yea, because the "trigger meteor swarm" comment is directed at the EP... good call. :next:
Yeah I misread interuptable as uninteruptable.

Shoot me

Also, leets reference on skill is people utilizing some of the more insane jewels that lack ep. There's been jewels spotted with 80 or more skill. Or jewels with like every mod you'd want besides ep. They just get somewhat ignored because ep is powerful.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah I misread interuptable as uninteruptable.

Shoot me

Also, leets reference on skill is people utilizing some of the more insane jewels that lack ep. There's been jewels spotted with 80 or more skill. Or jewels with like every mod you'd want besides ep. They just get somewhat ignored because ep is powerful.
Not to mention the players who have those jewels stock piled obtained them in manners that are now instant banned, so whos it really supporting?

25 ep is more then enough

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
even with the mask at 50% EP, the Halo is still a more versatile option, but competitive with it.

If the mask only had 25% EP it would be very much less competitive.

Not to mention the players who have those jewels stock piled obtained them in manners that are now instant banned, so whos it really supporting.
I find this very interesting. you're suggesting that the methods in which these items were farmed was illegal (which I agree with, the majority of them are without a doubt), but you're saying here:

allowing jewels that were once worthless to now be viable with 60/70 skills on them
It seems me like you're arguing both sides. I've seen some of your gear btw, it's much closer to the high-end than it is to the lower end. so, I'm not sure where you're trying to go with the whole "who's it really supporting" part of your post.

The obvious people it would support are the people that actually farm things legitimately, by allowing some of the more common items to be used.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what?

How is this not much more reasonable:

Mask of Khal Ankur
Weight: 3 Stones
Resurrection Charges: 1
Coddelite Infused
Hit Point Increase 5
Mana Increase 10
Hit Point Regeneration 2
Enhance Potions 25%
Lower Mana Cost 10%
Physical Resist 15%
Fire Resist 15%
Cold Resist 15%
Poison Resist 15%
Energy Resist 15%
Strength Requirement 10
Durability 255 / 255

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the meteor is kinda pointless after going and testing. i can only see a few uses for it

having res or some other non damage non heal spell might be pretty handy. agreed ep should be toned down to like 25.

funny the gargoyle version is neckslot. so halo+that on a gargoyle

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The orrery... doesn't have a circle top.

*tears up a little*

I'm so proud of you guys!

But seriously, the new art is pretty nice. I will almost certainly put a telescope out permanently, and maybe the orrery too depending on how much space I have available.

Screenshot (74).png

The astronomy stuff is neat. I just really, really hope it's not a prelude to bringing Mars into UO.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The mask is neat and has nice mods but I know a lot of people who are pretty set on their mask slot as it is. This has no regens, no HCI/DCI.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just let them keep Adding test center type stuff. They’re oblivious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The real kicker is 50 ep and 10 hpi. Ignore the meteor. The mods are nuts
I've ignored the meteor charge in terms of the items overall power (5 minute cooldown, low damage - it's not worth factoring), in every post that I've made on it, the mask simply isn't the best option for everyone's suit. nor should it be. The static artifacts for the head slot that can even come close to competing with global loot (even reforged items in some cases) are all items with properties that can only be found on jewelry.

I don't think leet's suggestion is horrible, but the item just becomes so weak it'll be hard to replace pretty much anything out of the existing non-global loot artifacts that occupy the same slot.

The point made about the gargoyle version of the item seems valid, but at the same time, gargoyles have other disadvantages that outweigh the benefit, so it looks like a non-issue to me.
especially if the stone-boots exploit was fixed when it comes to gargoyle flying.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Help plz : how do you get this caddelite infused weaps, spellbooks or tasty treats???

Krett the Tinkers sells the tools for lumberjacking, fishing and mining - and what do you have to do than and where? *complety confused*
I first try the lumber, got caddelite infused wood and rough meteorites meteors and stood now in front of a secret chamber :(.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
does this years ring have any different skills that can be added too it?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The orrery... doesn't have a circle top.

*tears up a little*

I'm so proud of you guys!

But seriously, the new art is pretty nice. I will almost certainly put a telescope out permanently, and maybe the orrery too depending on how much space I have available.

View attachment 86534

The astronomy stuff is neat. I just really, really hope it's not a prelude to bringing Mars into UO.
Definite improvement on past art.