• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 101 Update to Origin, Izumo & Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/17/2018 A new update will be going out to Origin, Izumo, and Baja during their next maintenance. We will be re-enabling the option to convert to the new Castle/Keep designs. The following restrictions apply when converting: The existing house must be properly placed with no blocking objects within courtyards. No goza mats, stone pavers, stone walls, stewards, contract vendors, grass or snow tiles can be present within the house. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Guess I'll be spending some time taking down my pavers and stone stairs.

Still can't test it because my gold is on ATLANTIC!!! AHHHHhhhh.....

Thanks for the update!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Asked for a bit of clarification on uo forums...as it states....

. No goza mats, stone pavers, stone walls, stewards, contract vendors, grass or snow tiles can be present within the house

As I read it, you can't just take them down and put them in a bag...you have to remove them completely from the house...I HOPE THIS IS NOT THE CASE because oh my gosh would that be a pain!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL

Okay so Bleak clarified that they can be in a bag, they just cannot be a part of the house design..so if you have a lot of tiles/doors/walls...better start taking them down now!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL

Okay so Bleak clarified that they can be in a bag, they just cannot be a part of the house design..so if you have a lot of tiles/doors/walls...better start taking them down now!

I think it might be easier to just collaspe a house and replace it with the new design~

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think it might be easier to just collaspe a house and replace it with the new design~

Yeah...I think that was the issue....with a lot of people having 45643561561 pavers in their castles...the system couldn't handle it and had a mini heart attack :/ lol and since you can't demo the castle and remove them all that way....(which I think needs to be changed) and you have to double-click each one....it's a bit of a carpel tunnel scenario for those who built an extra floor or 2 on their castles and keeps lol.

Thankfully I only had 2 partial floors and various stairways and things so mine wasn't TOO bad to take down....just not sure what I am going to do with them all!

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I already cleared out two castles to do this, and I got stupid trees in my courtyard, WTF! Such freaking BS!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The house would need to be empty but resizing might work. The only problem is your built date will change to current date.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Guess I'll be spending some time taking down my pavers and stone stairs.

Still can't test it because my gold is on ATLANTIC!!! AHHHHhhhh.....

Thanks for the update!
Larisa, I can't remember how much gold I have on Origin but I'll check tonight when I get home. If I have enough for a conversion, I can trade you my gold there for yours on Atlantic since we can't actually do the transfers now due to the shards being out of sync. (If you want) :) It may not be enough but I'll check my accounts and see what I can scrape up.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa, I can't remember how much gold I have on Origin but I'll check tonight when I get home. If I have enough for a conversion, I can trade you my gold there for yours on Atlantic since we can't actually do the transfers now due to the shards being out of sync. (If you want) :) It may not be enough but I'll check my accounts and see what I can scrape up.
Ohh that would be awesome! Thank you so much :) I've been out hunting but it's gonna take me awhile to scrape up 40 million gold :/ lol but I'm trying!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yall slow down, I'm sure the pub will be worldwide within a few days

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Got some gold from a guildie....spent the last hour taking down my stone crafted stuff...hope I got it all!

Going to be attempting a conversion here in the next 10-15 minutes if anyone cares to watch.....I'm going to try to record it as well...wish me luck!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so an update:

NO ADD ONS ARE ALLOWED

I am removing things one at a time...garden beds, soulforge, anvil, forge, virtue tile deeds, tree stump deeds, tree deeds, mini house deeds....manniquins...ladders, carpentry table, stone tables, house teleporters, hanging wall axes, wall torches, wall safe......marble character statue....vanity, rose rug, davies locker.....anything that comes in a deed has to be removed.....

UPDATE 2:

Bit glitchy after the conversion but logging in and out fixed it

ooops.jpg

Everything remaining in the castle was placed in the moving crate just like it's supposed to do and I think I'm good to go..so testing success! :) worked.jpg

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so an update:

NO ADD ONS ARE ALLOWED

I am removing things one at a time...garden beds, soulforge, anvil, forge, virtue tile deeds, tree stump deeds, tree deeds, mini house deeds....manniquins...ladders, carpentry table, stone tables, house teleporters, hanging wall axes, wall torches, wall safe......marble character statue....vanity, rose rug, davies locker.....anything that comes in a deed has to be removed.....

UPDATE 2:

Bit glitchy after the conversion but logging in and out fixed it

View attachment 87062

Everything remaining in the castle was placed in the moving crate just like it's supposed to do and I think I'm good to go..so testing success! :) View attachment 87063
If you haven't decorated already, what happens if you go to convert it back to the original castle? Do you get refunded the difference?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can't convert it back...I mean you can use the option Securely replace this house...but you'd just be spending an extra 800K To turn it back to what it was...because what you'd be doing is replacing the original with one of the new ones...then replacing that with another original castle...so no refunds.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Grass & Snow tiles also can't be put in packies. It is probably the same for sand tiles.

Where you put in the middle of the ocean Larisa?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Grass & Snow tiles also can't be put in packies. It is probably the same for sand tiles.

Where you put in the middle of the ocean Larisa?
LOL No..I was actually looking forward to that!

20 seconds it was done...once I removed all the deeded items.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So one question has been, if we choose one design and later decide we want a different one (not back to classic), will it work like it does today when you customize a house? Will you be charged or refunded only the difference between the two designs?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds a lot like a "as is" sale on these new designs. No warranty, no Refund. If you buy its on you. How Nice. LOL

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I tried but now I'm on a timer
View attachment 87081
So looks like a 24 hour timer? If I did the math right. Odd. Can you check tomorrow and update with your results? Please?

(And thank you for the testing you are doing! Don't want to sound ungrateful or demanding.) :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's weird that you can't demolish it.... how will that work?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So looks like a 24 hour timer? If I did the math right. Odd. Can you check tomorrow and update with your results? Please?

(And thank you for the testing you are doing! Don't want to sound ungrateful or demanding.) :)
LOL not a problem...yeah it's about 24 hours so I will try tomorrow and see what happens!

As far as not being able to demo it? Maybe that's on a timer too? Will have to wait until tomorrow to see if that's the case.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Larisa

Can you get more gold and do it again after removing everything but the stone items. Will those just go to the crate if there are just a few? Thanks

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Larisa

Can you get more gold and do it again after removing everything but the stone items. Will those just go to the crate if there are just a few? Thanks
It will not allow you to convert if you have ANY stone crafted items or any deeded items in the house. I had ONE small wall piece hiding after I took everything else out and it wouldn't let me convert until I removed it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do you get an option to change the design to another choice?
After 24 hours you get a chance to change the design, including back to the original castle design, you are refunded or charged the difference of the two prices.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So i tried my best to make the Gothic Rose livable on TC1, it has some really poor design choices that as you actually try to "live" out of it or design with, you notice very well. The things in there are just random things I was trying at the time. Other than the 4 tile wide hallways for perhaps garden beds, doesn't seem like spaces were designed for anything. Perhaps Dot can explain what her castle was designed for.

Options are very limited to all 4 areas with those balconies, if you do NOT cover them up with floor tiles, you have limited use of the floor below because of issues with the above floor clipping over the 2nd floor. I tried to make displays over them, you could also bring displays up from the floor below.

I also did a grass roof on the fourth floor which made the roof a bit more palatable.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh my..you covered up that beautiful floor!!!

Castle hallways are wide....that's just how they are...google it.

Hallway.jpg

Most castles have suits of armor and family portraits hanging in the hallways...they are supposed to be grand..it IS a castle after all!

I am in the process of decorating mine and will post the progress as I go. I do not care for the itty bitty rooms but the open floor space in other areas makes up for it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh my..you covered up that beautiful floor!!!

Castle hallways are wide....that's just how they are...google it.

View attachment 87085

Most castles have suits of armor and family portraits hanging in the hallways...they are supposed to be grand..it IS a castle after all!

I am in the process of decorating mine and will post the progress as I go. I do not care for the itty bitty rooms but the open floor space in other areas makes up for it.
I was just saying I have no idea the designers intent for much of the castle other than the long rooms. I actually loved the 3 tile wide rooms of the current castle design, because it goes with how I like to deco things (I also don't use a castle for garden beds, I have another house for those) When you design you have to think of both aesthetics and usability, so i'm trying to think of the usability of the other rooms.

And yes, very few people I've talked to liked the floor, or the chess board. I was looking for options of making it more palatable for most. In both polls I put up, very few people picked Gothic Rose, so I'm trying to show options or to get people thinking beyond the gaudy floors.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could fill that castle up with deco. The first 2 floors emphasize a Staging area in front of a grand hall.
One will be the throne room where the guests meet the king. Deco the throne room and deco the staging area with your armor and kingly stuff.

The other is the feasting hall. Thats where the abundance of tables go that we have. The staging area can be a bar where you put all the bar stuff we have.

Each floor also has a side hallway. Thats where you put your crafting stuff. That will cover at least one floor. Then on each side of the dining hall you can build your kitchen with the abundance of food items and kitchen items. When we entered Britannia, many of us ate before we killed something. Then you need a music room and rooms for other things that fit a theme.

There are two small rooms on each side of the entries. That's four rooms to put the eye catchers you have as the guests enter your castle.

I cant tell what the third floor is but we need bedrooms.

Really @Khaelor you are of the non imaginative generation?

Unless we win or they let all of us customize. You will have to adapt to what did win/chosen.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am planning on using the smaller front rooms for my crafting rooms as you really don't need that much space..usually you just stand in one spot to craft so the smaller rooms for those are perfect...all of your supplies can be easily accessed from anywhere in the room.

I did cover up the chess board..sorry Dot! Will probably use that for a rooftop garden with benches and such..and the corners are PERFECT for the garden beds!

NEwRoof.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OH And I need more suits of armor...where did those come from again? I forget :(

SuitsOfArmor.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
only 464564? and you call yourself an Original . . .
Yeah well I have some on Atlantic too...and I gave a lot of them away to my friend who wanted a mannequin army in his house :/ lol