• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 101 TC Release 4 Update

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/7/2018 Greetings, We are planning the latest release of Publish 101 to TC1 by 2pm ET today. You can read about the latest changes here. We also look forward to your feedback which you can share on the forums. We also want to say a special thank you to all those who participated in the public play session! Players were in and out of TC1 for over 12 hours as they looked skyward in search of constellations, dusted off old crafters to work with Caddellite materials, and braved the horrors of Khaldun in hopes of defeating Khal Ankur. Thanks to your […]

Continue reading...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More stuff for chest, ok better stuff, yay! SC on those tools! Yay!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This go round I will be on my tamer down in the dungeon....spent the better half of yesterday crafting. I spent an hour star-gazing this morning and no constellations :(

LOTS of planets, galaxies and comets though!
Planets.png Planets2.png
Will be testing the chests too, nice update!

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm liking the look of the rogue content, is nice.

And it seems like they are honing the patch due to feedback.

My only question for the Devs would be, can anything be done to make the Belt more attractive to warrriors for wearing it.
A couple of stats?

The blessed property, holding bandages, and the healing bonus are fantastic, and the ability to do this, is almost a game-changer, but it is up against stiff competition in the belt slots.
As it stands, only the Vetinarians really gain, the warirors would love to, but face a tough choice maybe.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My only question for the Devs would be, can anything be done to make the Belt more attractive to warrriors for wearing it.
A couple of stats?
Might have worked better as a sash/cape slot item.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

A couple of stats?

The holding bandages, and the healing bonus are fantastic, and the ability to do this, is almost a game-changer, but it is up against stuff competition in the belt slots.
As it stands, only the Vetinarians really gain, the warirors would love to, but face a tough choice maybe.

WEll teh belt is blessed, right? so even not worn, it is a safe stash for bandages that won't be lost or looted. I'll take one just for that, whether I ever wear it or not

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might have worked better as a sash/cape slot item.
I get the reason for them using a belt, it seems logical, a belt is what you'd store your bandages in.
Yes, may have worked better in other slots, but I can see why they chose belt for logic purposes.

WEll teh belt is blessed, right? so even not worn, it is a safe stash for bandages that won't be lost or looted. I'll take one just for that, whether I ever wear it or not
It is blessed, and it will still be useful. I would also take one for this reason.
But it is meant to be worn - see the +10 healing bonus if equipped - but it has heavy competition in this department, for my warrior, it would be nice to equip it.
It's almost a game changer pure warriors deserve - but not quite...

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

A couple of stats?

The blessed property, holding bandages, and the healing bonus are fantastic, and the ability to do this, is almost a game-changer, but it is up against stuff competition in the belt slots.
They could make it use the kilt/pants slot. There isn't a single magical item for that slot that I can remember of.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This go round I will be on my tamer down in the dungeon....spent the better half of yesterday crafting. I spent an hour star-gazing this morning and no constellations :(

View attachment 86751 View attachment 86752
If those are all you saw then no wonder you did not find a constellation . Fel and Tram have different shadows based on time of night. There's more comets and galaxies.

Look longer.
Nice pics.

Change the scope settings to get different backgrounds.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If those are all you saw then no wonder you did not find a constellation . Fel and Tram have different shadows based on time of night. There's more comets and galaxies.

Look longer.
Nice pics.

Change the scope settings to get different backgrounds.
Ohh I did not take pictures of everything I saw..I will though. I saw Tram and Fel a LOT..in full sun and full shadow and many shades in between...and I did change the scope settings....it's all very complicated

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do like the changes to hidden and puzzle chests.
I guess I will be doing this event mostly with my thief, which I haven't used in over two years.
That bit will be fun.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 86751 View attachment 86752
How many expansions are they planning on releasing with all those potential planets to inhabit?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Belt in kilt slot!! Or give belt some mods to work with. Like 5hci 5stam

To quote someone in my guild, this item is by far the best item of the year.
It's worth getting this one right.

On production, the question is belt slot with a couple of extra mods to compete with tangle/crimmy/etc, or kilt slot so it doesn't compete with anything.

On Siege, the question is blessed or not blessed.

If it goes in a certain direction, it really ticks a lot of boxes.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Has anyone checked if it works while in your pack or if it has to be "on" to work for bandages... I don't care if the healing bonus doesn't work while in your pack just the fact that it's blessed and I will not have my bandages stolen by spawn all the time

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone checked if it works while in your pack or if it has to be "on" to work for bandages... I don't care if the healing bonus doesn't work while in your pack just the fact that it's blessed and I will not have my bandages stolen by spawn all the time
Yes, you can use bandages out of it while it's in your pack. Pinco needs to update his bandage macro though.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have a feeling nobody is going to wear the bandage belt without any stat bonuses. Yes I know it' still useful in your pack. But to me this is rather sad since the item is a belt. A belt is meant to be worn. Maybe it would have been more fitting to just make it a pouch instead.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To quote someone in my guild, this item is by far the best item of the year.
It's worth getting this one right.

On production, the question is belt slot with a couple of extra mods to compete with tangle/crimmy/etc, or kilt slot so it doesn't compete with anything.

On Siege, the question is blessed or not blessed.

If it goes in a certain direction, it really ticks a lot of boxes.

Kilt slot item would be cool. But if it has different mods I could see it working too, like hci and stats or lrc or something to compare to crimmy/tangle

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Post these desires on the official boards if you want any kind of response/dialogue.

Don't wait. Do it NOW.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there is more than a little irony in the fact that there is much complaining about UO becoming to item dependent then complaining when a fantastic new item isn't good enough without mods...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is more than a little irony in the fact that there is much complaining about UO becoming to item dependent then complaining when a fantastic new item isn't good enough without mods...
1) who is complaining about UO being item dependant anymore? That ship sailed like 15 years ago. 2) I think it's more emlamatic than Ironic that in an item based world a good item without stats in a slot that has important stat based items needs a boost.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure why this team can’t seem to listen to its player base

The bandage belt needs stats and everyone will like it
As it is it’s not going to be warn it will just be put in back pack taking up room

It could be a great item instead it will be onther fail as usual.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you don't have to wear the belt, what's the problem? You don't have to sacrifice any stats. Wearing it is optional.

I was surprised they put in a blessed bandage container of ANY kind.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't have to wear the belt, what's the problem? You don't have to sacrifice any stats. Wearing it is optional.

I was surprised they put in a blessed bandage container of ANY kind.

As it stands, it is great for the Tamers with Vetinary.

It could be something really great, and long overdue for the Pure Warriors or Templates who use Healing skill on themselves.
Casters have had LRC forever.
The problem is, there are some powerful items in the Belt slot currently, so it's a case of this is an amazing item for Pure Warriors, but it comes with some sacrifice required, which is a bit of a shame. Trying to soften the loss of Tangle/Crimmy/Obi in that slot.

Trying to think beyond the Tamers.

On a certain level, you are correct though, you can just carry it in your backpack, but it seems a shame to lose the healing bonus it provides on wearing it.
Healing skill needs all the help it can get.
I guess it is a great item whatever - I do agree.

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
As it stands, it is great for the Tamers with Vetinary.

It could be something really great, and long overdue for the Pure Warriors or Templates who use Healing skill on themselves.
Casters have had LRC forever.
The problem is, there are some powerful items in the Belt slot currently, so it's a case of this is an amazing item for Pure Warriors, but it comes with some sacrifice required, which is a bit of a shame. Trying to soften the loss of Tangle/Crimmy/Obi in that slot.

Trying to think beyond the Tamers.

On a certain level, you are correct though, you can just carry it in your backpack, but it seems a shame to lose the healing bonus it provides on wearing it.
Healing skill needs all the help it can get.
I guess it is a great item whatever - I do agree.
Yeah I see that, but at the same time I kind of think putting stats on top of it would be overpowered. It can't be comparable to a Tangle or Crimson Cincture stats wise; you have to pick. It's another option, not a replacement, and even unequipped has great utility. To be 100% honest, it's the kind of item I would not have wanted to draw dev attention to lest they nerf it into the ground. I was amazed it was going to be a thing at all. Just my thoughts anyway.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I see that, but at the same time I kind of think putting stats on top of it would be overpowered. It can't be comparable to a Tangle or Crimson Cincture stats wise; you have to pick. It's another option, not a replacement, and even unequipped has great utility. To be 100% honest, it's the kind of item I would not have wanted to draw dev attention to lest they nerf it into the ground. I was amazed it was going to be a thing at all. Just my thoughts anyway.
Another option/replacement, both are almost the same thing, it could be both.

I agree it cannot be comparable stats-wise, but it could come a little closer, to make it up to those healers who cease using the current belt slot items.
You'd want this to be worn, by the templates that want to wear it, not for them to chose not to wear it, even though they want to wear it - which plenty of players here have indicated - this indicates the item is not strong enough in its own right - even though it is an amazing progression from the developers.

Mages would still go for tangle mostly, sampires/non healing temp dexxers would still likely for for crimmy, others who want stats would go for obi, this is another way I agree, but it ultimately it would be a replacement for certain templates if players felt it were good enough.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We do not want this item to change.

If you want an item for the shirt or kilt slot then make a new thread. Or tell them here. Ideas for Items we can buy with turn in points from Khaldun.
I, personally, miss the days where we could wear what we wanted, kilt/skirt/cloak/robes/etc wise. Now all casters are clones of hawkwind.

Healing belt has intensity already on it. +10 healing. adding other stats would make it overpowered. It's already strong.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I, personally, miss the days where we could wear what we wanted, kilt/skirt/cloak/robes/etc wise. Now all casters are clones of hawkwind.

Healing belt has intensity already on it. +10 healing. adding other stats would make it overpowered. It's already strong.
Thats why we should get one of these:

A token that allows you to click on a Robe slot item and remove the stats and put those stats on a different robe slot item.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok if plus 10 healing is OP remove it and give us better stats

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How is this the best item this year? If you die and lose bandages it really not a big deal since every usually has a minimum of like 30k enhanced bandages to waste. Only benefit I see from this is strictly pvm on instanced fights where if you got looted by a monster and needed them res pets. The +10 healing if worn makes no difference in pvm or pvp, it is far from anything overpowered. Only way it could be considered overpowered is if it had better then crimson stats, which wont happen. No wonder this game is heading downhill, these are the discussions being had over useless game items.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thought I was the only one left using healing lol. Looks like I was wrong!
I may be on prolonged vacations from the game to see if I can sparkle some love for it again, but most my dexxers still use healing!
Which is why I want this item to use the kilt slot so badly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I may be on prolonged vacations from the game to see if I can sparkle some love for it again, but most my dexxers still use healing!
Which is why I want this item to use the kilt slot so badly.
Working in your backpack is fine.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How is this the best item this year? If you die and lose bandages it really not a big deal since every usually has a minimum of like 30k enhanced bandages to waste. Only benefit I see from this is strictly pvm on instanced fights where if you got looted by a monster and needed them res pets. The +10 healing if worn makes no difference in pvm or pvp, it is far from anything overpowered. Only way it could be considered overpowered is if it had better then crimson stats, which wont happen. No wonder this game is heading downhill, these are the discussions being had over useless game items.
What's useless to you is useful to others. I personally find the reward helm useless for my playstyle, but all the PvPers are complaining that it is overpowered. So to each their own.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thats why we should get one of these:

A token that allows you to click on a Robe slot item and remove the stats and put those stats on a different robe slot item.
I suggested a transmog system at a Meet & Greet a year ago or so, since just about every game has that kind of system now. They indicated it wasn't really possible to do (whether that meant technically not possible, or just too much of a time investment, I don't know). They then suggested that's why Blackthorn Artifacts exist, to give players the ability to change their appearance when using artifacts.

Well you see the problem there as well, Blackthorn artifacts haven't been updated for ToL (and who knows if they ever will). There are also a lot of looks missing from the list that I personally would like to use (Dragon Helm being one). They could make so much money off the Sovereign store by selling transmog tokens and allowing everyone to customize their own look better. Sigh.