• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 100 World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Beginning with each shard’s normally scheduled maintenance on June 28th, 2018 (ET) Publish 100 will be released world wide. Be sure to check the notes for full release details. As always, we look forward to your feedback. We have also updated TC1, Origin, Baja, and Izumo addressing issues we found related to fixes for Shadowguard. These updated changes will be released world wide as well on the 28th. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We have also updated TC1, Origin, Baja, and Izumo addressing issues we found related to fixes for Shadowguard.
Am paging a GM now to see if one will come to fix my stuck pet and then I'll go back in and try it again to see if it's fixed....crossing my fingers! Thanks team!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I guess I am staying as far away from Shadowguard as possible for the next few weeks while chaining Travesty after Travesty with the proper, fixed wrestling and hopefully fixed drop rate.

Put Put

Visitor
I guess I am staying as far away from Shadowguard as possible for the next few weeks while chaining Travesty after Travesty with the proper, fixed wrestling and hopefully fixed drop rate.
Trying to figure out my new team strat for it myself. Maybe sampire / pure bard / tamer with rc. Sampire for the adds, tamer to trickle on boss and bard to buff melee.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trying to figure out my new team strat for it myself. Maybe sampire / pure bard / tamer with rc. Sampire for the adds, tamer to trickle on boss and bard to buff melee.
Sampire doesn't need to focus on adds, just attack whichever boss is up and whirlwind the adds to death. It's a piece of cake with bard mastery buffs active, and probably even easier with a pet taking some of the damage too.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will just use sampire with bard running peace songs.
But I am not in the mood to deal with it. With tamers and no spawn it was just relaxing and I could enjoy a good sip of rum during it. With that setup it will require more attention and more of my intervention.
I will just kill Travesty and Dreadhorn for stuff I want instead.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire doesn't need to focus on adds, just attack whichever boss is up and whirlwind the adds to death. It's a piece of cake with bard mastery buffs active, and probably even easier with a pet taking some of the damage too.
Until the Skeletal Dragons pop, lol. I've seen 2 of those hit a Sampire at the same time and insta kill him (probably running EoO on Juo'nar). Skeletal Dragons are as strong as Shadow Wyrms (29-35 Base Damage, and up to 1030 STR), but with higher DEX (up to 200). Which makes Necro Mastery kind of nuts, since you can take control of 2 Skeletal Dragons at the same time and grant them Life Drain.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Until the Skeletal Dragons pop, lol. I've seen 2 of those hit a Sampire at the same time and insta kill him (probably running EoO on Juo'nar). Skeletal Dragons are as strong as Shadow Wyrms (29-35 Base Damage, and up to 1030 STR), but with higher DEX (up to 200). Which makes Necro Mastery kind of nuts, since you can take control of 2 Skeletal Dragons at the same time and grant them Life Drain.
Must be due to eoo (which sampire shouldn't be using in fights where there are multiple types of critters). I farm skeletals in doom and whipe them out 2-3 double strikes.

Put Put

Visitor
Yeab typically I keep entering roof till juo is first as its the only part that sometimes has some bad luck involved. So Ill probably continue with that and see if I cant get to a good comfort level.

Sounds like a good plan, on juo Ill probably leave my tamer in the corner to focus on my sampire, or let him throw his pet as a sacrifice and range him out while my sampire kills him.

Thanks for suggestions.

Teapot.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still scratchin my head on this bug fix publish. Of all the bugs out there, for years, and all the suggestions that have been made, for years, screwing with Shadowguard seems to have been the main focus? Really? Some of this is pretty iffy and just looks like low hanging fruit pickin to me, and no real serious bug fixes.

What about ghost mobs?
What about not getting flagged when you recall home and a damned mongbat nips at your heel?
What about sensible bank values for upper level bods that are still valued the same as the simplest bod to make?
What about bod books working locked down?

I am glad they fixed the terrain tiles.

We're fighting a lost cause here people.

Put Put

Visitor
I'm still scratchin my head on this bug fix publish. Of all the bugs out there, for years, and all the suggestions that have been made, for years, screwing with Shadowguard seems to have been the main focus? Really? Some of this is pretty iffy and just looks like low hanging fruit pickin to me, and no real serious bug fixes.

What about ghost mobs?
What about not getting flagged when you recall home and a damned mongbat nips at your heel?
What about sensible bank values for upper level bods that are still valued the same as the simplest bod to make?

I feel like they were actually working on another publish and threw some hours to some bug fixes in between that work. Definetly thought there was going to be a few publish builds to TC but I guess their clock ran out?

At least shadowguard is fixed now, phew..... No more pesky players farming it for fun.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One more thing, how about we take that Fugly green chest out of the Nujelm Gardens so they can be restored to their previous beautiful glory.

If you still need the chest, redye it and put it in that common area in Brit...

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sorry, how does that work? We have had the double Skeletal Dragons as followers, which is fun (when not in a guild haha!!) but that life drain bit sounds new to us.
It comes innately with the mastery when you are controlling an undead pet:

"Command Undead: The necromancer has a chance to command the undead to do their bidding based on necromancy skill, spirit speak skill, mastery level, and creature barding difficulty while providing life leech to the target. Requires 2 follower slots."

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

What about ghost mobs?

This is a videogame. What are you expecting?
To be able to have fun with it?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Bummer on the Harbinger change... but looks like nice bug clean up overall!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, how does that work? We have had the double Skeletal Dragons as followers, which is fun (when not in a guild haha!!) but that life drain bit sounds new to us.
It's part of Command Undead. Skele Drags hit so hard, that they get great benefit from that Life Leech. They've fixed Skele Drag AoE aggroing on guildies. Whenever my guild does Travesty, i bring my Necro/Mage/Mystic with two Skele Drags that are guarding me, and spam Poison Strike during Conduit. The Skele Drags haven't aggroed on guildies in awhile.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ah, that is good news! Thanks for sharing! We simply took our necro out of the guild after a very underwhelming first go with the Skelly Dragons. Had been looking forward to it for a while, to take them to those annoying Forgotten Servants, and after several days when we finally found the time to try.... It was over in less than 30 secs, haha! It whithered right after All Kill, causing it to turn on me first, and then onto each other! Doh! Must have been our biggest anti-climax in UO!
We must have overlooked the life leech part before, so thanks for that too!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just experienced the "stuck pet" bug in the belfry. Pretty quick turnaround for a GM to "unstick" my pet, BUT, if we have to deal with this every time we do the belfry, it's going to get REAL old, REAL quick! @Bleak @Kyronix please fix this, soon.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just experienced the "stuck pet" bug in the belfry. Pretty quick turnaround for a GM to "unstick" my pet, BUT, if we have to deal with this every time we do the belfry, it's going to get REAL old, REAL quick! @Bleak @Kyronix please fix this, soon.
Taken from kyronix' post on UO.com forums. (the thread was locked)

The core loop with the belfry is drakes -> feather -> dragon, repeat. You should be able to do upwards of 1000 damage to the dragon before the dragon flaps you off the platform. Anyone who is experience something other than an approximate 1000 points of damage before getting pushed off, or roughly 1/10th of the dragons health, needs to send a report to [email protected] with a minimum of the following information,
# of characters in the party
templates of the characters in the party
makeup of the players/pets that are doing damage to the dragon before the dragon pushes you off
approximate amount of damage being done to the dragon per hit from all sources.
Apparently Kyronix expects a player to go up, deal 1k damage, get knocked off, repeat. The Devs obviously aren't playing UO if they think ANYONE would have fun doing this.

R I P shadowguard (and probably UO) due to Dev misunderstandings & numerous failures.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Take from kyronix' post on UO.com forums. (the thread was locked)

Apparently Kyronix expects a player to go up, deal 1k damage, get knocked off, repeat. The Devs obviously aren't playing UO if they think ANYONE would have fun doing this.

R I P shadowguard (and probably UO) due to Dev misunderstandings & numerous failures.
It is pretty clear to me now that they are against fun. :(
By the time you get a feather back, that effing dragon will have recovered around 400 to 600 dmg. This will be yet another annoying grind.
At least Travesty now has up to 160 wrestling instead of 320+...

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It would be "fixing" if like 3 years ago someone said "Oh hey, people are finding an easier way to do belfry and fountain, we should make it function more difficult as it was intended right now."
Not waiting 3 years, after people have now built templates to support and handle each room and encounter, and now all of a sudden we need to make it more difficult.

Most games start out content difficult, and then make it a little easier after a few years once it has been farmed for a while "as intended". What they are doing is the exact polar opposite of that. I mean honestly... If it wasn't noticed and fixed soon after release, "fixing" it now is just insulting and a slap in the face to people who have become fond of the encounter. Someone screwed up by not noticing and/or fixing these things sooner, and your paying players should not suffer because of that. It's not like the "easier" ways were game breaking to begin with.

/endrant

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Taken from kyronix' post on UO.com forums. (the thread was locked)

Ya, I experienced the getting knocked off over and over as well, but I was referring to the fact my pet, the last time he got knocked off, got STUCK in place, and wouldn't move. He wouldn't follow or obey any commands. Even after we were taken out of the belfry. I tried logging in and out. Nothing worked. :( Very sad.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I may know the solution for the stuck pet problem but I didn't test it or anything - this has worked in the past when my pet got stuck for other reasons

what ya gotta do is say "all stop" and then wait about 60 seconds to 2 minutes - it the pet eventually takes a step in any direction, then it's back to working nomally again - just gotta wait for what seems like forever :)

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
  • Vanity mounts can now be rezzed without veterinary or animal lore skill when in consensual-PvP rulesets.

Has anyone been able to do this? I haven't been able on my lasher/windrunner, do they have to be new pets from store?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Vanity mounts can now be rezzed without veterinary or animal lore skill when in consensual-PvP rulesets.

Has anyone been able to do this? I haven't been able on my lasher/windrunner, do they have to be new pets from store?
Cant do it in Luna. Mervyn did not approve of that feature being added.

upload_2018-7-2_21-1-54.png

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ive tried in fel, tram, non flagged, etc doesnt seem to work, only thing i havent tried on was a brand new store bought mount

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ive tried in fel, tram, non flagged, etc doesnt seem to work, only thing i havent tried on was a brand new store bought mount
Nobody has a response to this? Seems like they messed up and didn't implement what they said they would.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It works in Tram only. Not any other areas. So go to actual tram and res the pet.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It works in Tram only. Not any other areas. So go to actual tram and res the pet.

So when they said, " consensual-PvP rulesets" they meant it can only be rezed in tram? lol typical have people spend money on vanity mounts only for it not to work as they said it would.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That means it's not functioning correctly. You can rez them without skill in Trammel only (not even Trammel ruleset places), but these pets not being self-rezed in Malas, Ilshenar, Tokuno, Ter-Mur, Eodon, let alone Felucca, where this change is actually useful and largely meant for, is insane.

@Kyronix @Bleak

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess I'm dense, but I don't understand the logic of not having the ability everywhere to begin with

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Am I missing something here, why are the devs suddenly bending over backwards to please Merv? Is he special or something? Why is he being pandered to at the expense of other players? I just don't get it... :confused:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I missing something here, why are the devs suddenly bending over backwards to please Merv? Is he special or something? Why is he being pandered to at the expense of other players? I just don't get it... :confused:
They aren't. Pawain thinks it's the case because they're ruining his "fun" in UO. Guess it must really be fun to sit in Luna by the stables all day & talk in gen chat periodically - I don't see him anywhere else when I'm logged in.

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like just yesterday when UO brought out Publish 16, that one sticks in my mind as it changed barding into a difficulty based skill set.
Ah those were the days!