• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Producer Note

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, I would like to address a very serious issue with you all. As most of you are aware we have had players threaten other players that are coming to the 20th Anniversary Party. We treat these issues incredibly seriously, and all harassment pages, including threats, are logged on the server. We then forward these logs as a potential threat to law enforcement, who will follow up to the fullest extent of the law. Please know we do not take this lightly. For all of those that are worried regarding the 20th Anniversary Party the issue has been […]

Continue reading...

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Truly sad anyone would take things to the level of physically hurting someone in RL.
Kudos to the staff for taking these types of things seriously. These types of people need to be dealt with utmost extent of the law.

on a lighter side.

I still want to fly out and give the BBQ a good ol fashioned naked despise run. But perhaps with out the "pink plastic bludgeon tools"

See what i did there @Captn Norrington @Archnight :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought Daddy Daycare decreed there would be no further discussion of this on Stratics?????????????????

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Well, lets hope this person that we all know who He is, get what He deserves!!
Several people took screenshots and paged a GM and saved the Journal and yet Mr. IxxcGuy that we cant say his name, still around!
It surprises me that this Community / Forum wont allow us to share or speak his name, even with all the pictures and comments from both sides, Players and UO Team and Stratics Staff that are trying so hard to get him gone!.
He goes into ingame and clear say to people on how he will leave his mommy basement and go to the party to shoot some people.
a lot of people was hurt by his actions, a lot of people QUIT the game bc his way to talk to people and telling them that he wishes they die IRL of cancer and so on and yet nothing can be done!!

Well , I do hope now with all the proof that the Devs collected , that those things can be used to get him!!

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well sadly in this day and age you can't be too cautious... with the world in the state that it's in every threat no matter how foolish must be taken seriously...

It's sad... I almost miss the 60's... *Votes for Peace not War*... though that era had it's fair share of clashes as well...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like everyone at the party is gonna stay blue just like in UO these days. HAHAHAHA
Can't risk that town bonus for the party.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard this person's rhetoric many times and its been a cause of concern for me. I didn't want to go to the party partly because this is what many fear would after listening to him rant in chat on Atl.
I am very glad and thank all for helping catch him at it so the UO Dev can do something before its too late.
I want all to have a safe and fun party. Don't forget to take pics so I can see!
I cant go.. so you all be my eyes please...
thank you

Abyss-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have the feeling someone has house arrest whole summer now having to stay in his cold basement ^^

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotta love internet bad asses. I have had people threaten me on some of the local Facebook pages and have ran into a few of them in the community. They do not talk nearly as tough when we are face to face. I am only 5'10 205 lbs, not like i am huge. It is still wise to take threats seriously though.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And things being like they are, police depts are being a lot more willing to take this on now.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its the blame of both parties. Yes IDG has said some serious things, but its a 2 way street. Ive also seen some of the things people say to him and if said to me I would get mad too. Day in Day out people rant on him so the outburst was coming sooner or later. You dont back a dog into a corner and expect him to not attack.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think its the blame of both parties. Yes IDG has said some serious things, but its a 2 way street. Ive also seen some of the things people say to him and if said to me I would get mad too. Day in Day out people rant on him so the outburst was coming sooner or later. You dont back a dog into a corner and expect him to not attack.
I am sorry, but NOTHING ...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, excuses threatening to pick up a gun and kill someone. I have seen IDG in action at a Legends Fel idoc. I don't know what other people on other shards have said to him. Everyone was talking, laughing and having fun waiting. IDG rolls up. One person said OMG IDG is here and I said Oh Pancakes! If anything else was said, I didn't see it in the ensuing chaos because IDG proceeded to kill everyone. At a previous one in Luna Legends similar situation people talking and chilling waiting for the house to fall. IDG rolls up and proceeds to tell everyone "This is MY F---ing IDOC and for everyone to get the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks away from HIS IDOC". Things got real nasty very fast. If anyone said anything negatively to BEFORE his crap spewing I didn't see it.

If the dude I have a screen shot from Atlantic is IDG, Wow. It was a disturbing threat. If he has been harassed then WHY didn't he try to do something? Sis and I will not be attending the party. We truly and desperately wanted to go. Real life threw us a curve ball, and of course priorities. I am writing a 40 page research paper plus 20 minute presentation aka my Capstone. My bachelors degree takes priority over everything even having fun. Same with Jirel except she's doing her upper level coursework. However you all can celebrate my graduation in May!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am sorry, but NOTHING ...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, excuses threatening to pick up a gun and kill someone. I have seen IDG in action at a Legends Fel idoc. I don't know what other people on other shards have said to him. Everyone was talking, laughing and having fun waiting. IDG rolls up. One person said OMG IDG is here and I said Oh Pancakes! If anything else was said, I didn't see it in the ensuing chaos because IDG proceeded to kill everyone. At a previous one in Luna Legends similar situation people talking and chilling waiting for the house to fall. IDG rolls up and proceeds to tell everyone "This is MY F---ing IDOC and for everyone to get the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks away from HIS IDOC". Things got real nasty very fast. If anyone said anything negatively to BEFORE his crap spewing I didn't see it.

If the dude I have a screen shot from Atlantic is IDG, Wow. It was a disturbing threat. If he has been harassed then WHY didn't he try to do something? Sis and I will not be attending the party. We truly and desperately wanted to go. Real life threw us a curve ball, and of course priorities. I am writing a 40 page research paper plus 20 minute presentation aka my Capstone. My bachelors degree takes priority over everything even having fun. Same with Jirel except she's doing her upper level coursework. However you all can celebrate my graduation in May!
Being an involved party, I have the same screenshot. I really don't think it the person people are referring to. I think it was someone else. But I could be wrong. (Unless this is a different threat)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
This is what happens when one maxes their stat points in STR & DEX then points the little arrow down next to INT.

Please all remember to keep a good proper balance of stats in your character mix balanced out with + stat items.

@Mesanna

Thanks for the proactive approach on this. It is much appreciated.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread has been cleaned up a little. Please refrain from discussing real world politics, political parties, political beliefs, and political protest groups on Stratics going forward.

Political Discussion was made against the rules last year and was announced here: Political discussions on Stratics.

Thank you.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread has been cleaned up a little. Please refrain from discussing real world politics, political parties, political beliefs, and political protest groups on Stratics going forward.

Political Discussion was made against the rules last year and was announced here: Political discussions on Stratics.

Thank you.
*goes off on a political tirade about King George II and the indignities suffered by indigenous peoples at the hands of the East India Trading Company just to tweak Cap'n Norrington*

:stir:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Gotta love internet bad asses. I have had people threaten me on some of the local Facebook pages and have ran into a few of them in the community. They do not talk nearly as tough when we are face to face. I am only 5'10 205 lbs, not like I am huge. It is still wise to take threats seriously though.
Someone made a negative post on me at Facebook and a good friend came to my rescue, he in turned had to defend himself and was asked his home address so the other could come over and Beat the Sh** out of him, his answer was his current Address. I added my address for good measure, we both US Army vets. He never did show. My Buddy was very disappointed, and we later found that the other guy had done something on Facebook so that we could not see his profiles or posted,

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Too hard to determine who is just a "keyboard kowboy" and who is just pain old 'imbalanced'... best to think of them all being 'imbalanced' and take adequate steps to (as ole Barney used to say) "Nip it in the bud!"

which is seems Mesanna and team are doing...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
LOL too bad they aren't still in Texas...everyone there would have a Sig or a Glock tucked away somewhere...

And Barney, you can talk anymore, I done 10-4'd ya!
I have a double barrel 12 gauge for home protection. I hope I never have to use it cause it will tear the house up! lol If I get woke up in the middle of the night I don't wanna be half asleep and miss ;)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL too bad they aren't still in Texas...everyone there would have a Sig or a Glock tucked away somewhere...

And Barney, you can talk anymore, I done 10-4'd ya!
Texas gots notin on us Vermonters. My civics teacher did a gun count in homes of the students. Guns outnumbered the students 3 to 1.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Lol. Not many to start with. I grew up in a small town. 34 students in my graduating class.
I like the Anthony Jesselnik joke. It goes something like.... My dad said we needed a gun. Had to have a gun. To protect his 5 children. But we got rid of that gun.... to protect his 4 children.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having a family that raises Angus Beef and being from Texas, my only concern for the party is/was, what exactly passes for BBQ up north in Virginia....just sayin'

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having a family that raises Angus Beef and being from Texas, my only concern for the party is/was, what exactly passes for BBQ up north in Virginia....just sayin'
LOL I had a northern friend that moved down here one time, had never seen a live cow...guess they don't have those in Chicago. But he said where he was from BBQ was a verb-not a noun. Something you did, not something you bought LOL.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good info

Of course there are always those places that prohibit on their property anyway. never been a problem for me tho, If I come up and see the signage, I just turn around and go on down the road to soemone who wants business...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Waitasec. If this is the guy I think it is, how did he kill ANYONE? He does not pvp - he depends on others to save his bacon because he's beyond TERRIBLE. He was in an Atl guild with me for a while - he joined up so he could have some protection at various IDOCs. If we were fighting and ended up leaving (often because the house wasn't going to fall until later), he'd get pissed.

The "Get away from HIS IDOC" comment is definitely him though. I'd just laugh at him, then proceed to kill him if he ever revealed himself - it doesn't take much effort, and I could even do it on a pvm char.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virginia BBQ is mostly pork. If they're doing beef at the party it is most likely an imitation of another state's style. Having lived in both states, my recommendation is stick to the brisket in TX and get the pulled pork in VA.