• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Placed Houses in Dungeons

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You have no idea if it was the EM to blame or not, you just latched on to someone on facebook who said it was. Stop blaming someone might have had nothing to do with it because you saw someone say something on facebook. No one might have been at fault so stop speculating.
Unless you are the EM or a Dev, you don't know exactly what happened or what went wrong. Were you even there? EMs don't make copies of dungeons, they decorate spaces already on the map. To verify that you just need a map program and to look where you are during each em event.
With official communication lacking detail on most every topic, speculating is pretty much the only option players have here. Forums like Stratics are exactly the place where that's going to happen - for better or for worse.

And yes, the EM's likely do deserve some of the blame here. Perhaps not all of it as no one knows for sure what exactly happened, but it's been documented many times how not cleaning up after an event or forgetting to set something back to the way it was prior to an event affects our world in some manner that causes some type of issue (or drama). So it's perfectly fair grounds to assume this could be another example of that happening again.

No one here has said anything malicious or gone on a rant about it.. we're just discussing it the same way we do with any other topic. The commanding and condescending tone is a bit much.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
UO is filled with stuff like this remember the house wth houses stacked on and around it that just fell recently? Yes it was a mistake but players legally placed end of story. the fact that it was stupid matters not
So you think any exploits in the game should never be corrected. If the players benefit from anything unintended in the game, it must stay in. That’s your logic.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you think any exploits in the game should never be corrected. If the players benefit from anything unintended in the game, it must stay in. That’s your logic.
No exploit was used a player legally cast mark then legally placed a house

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 7 words to offer...Housing cannot be created in this area.

If it didn't say that when the person in question clicked on the plot, it's the devs fault..period. Yes as a 25 yr veteran I know where we can and cannot place houses, but if my rune one day accidentally sent me to Green Acres (thats still a place right ?) You can bet your ass I"m gonna drop a plot there, just like all of the rest of you would, so stop with all of this "neener neener, cheater nonsense"..