• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] New Callback Service Offer

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2015 Feb 20 20:42 GMT

Greetings everyone,

In an effort to increase the quality of support and streamline assistance for certain account and billing-related issues, Broadsword is now pleased to offer a new phone callback service to help resolve complex account and billing issues.

Please be aware that in-game issues are not part of this new initiative. Our Support team will attempt to resolve all account and billing-related issues via email first. The callback service will only be offered in situations where all attempts to resolve the issue via email have been exhausted. Our aim is to lessen the amount of back and forth sometimes required to reduce the total resolution time of complex, account and billing-related issues.

Tentatively, the Customer Support Team will be able to make callbacks between the hours of *12PM – 12AM EST* (noon – midnight) or *5PM – 5AM GMT*. Please keep that timeframe in mind when coordinating with the Support Team to setup a callback.

At this time, callbacks will only be offered in English.

Thank you,
UO Team

Continue reading...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this service limited to the United States and Canada only, or will Broadsword call anywhere in the world if necessary?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is this service limited to the United States and Canada only, or will Broadsword call anywhere in the world if necessary?
My guess would be that since they posted the GMT times as well it´s also gonna be available outside of the states.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Progress. I'm guessing part of the reason for this announcement is to alleviate the need for Mesanna to intervene with billing issues. That should free up time for her to do her real job.

At the Baja meet & greet a player asked for her help b/c the acct. mgmt. site wouldn't take his credit card (and he couldn't get the issue resolved using normal channels).

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I hope it will make it easier, both for current and new/returning players.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Callback service.

Callback
if you want to get technical, its not a callback then, its just a call.

if i email a friend and we agree to speak on the phone, he doesnt say "ill call you back" he would say "ill call you"

calling "back" implies there has been an initial call.

bad wording. think it could have been announced with less confusion.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you want to get technical, its not a callback then, its just a call.

if i email a friend and we agree to speak on the phone, he doesnt say "ill call you back" he would say "ill call you"

calling "back" implies there has been an initial call.

bad wording. think it could have been announced with less confusion.
Just......can't.............resist........................noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I understand your point, and agree, that if there isn't an initial call, you can't really "call back".

However, "callback" service is such a widely used term, I would suggest that it didn't occur to the UO team they needed to define it.

After all, when someone says, "Stop at the red light", they don't define it as "Stop at the brick red light". :D

As an aside, and because I have nothing better to do this morning that nitpick English language idiosyncrasies with someone on a game forum, it could be more properly referred to as a "call" service. But that probably sounds a bit prostitutional for a company's customer service department.

Although, customer service....call service....leaves room to wonder!:thumbup:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looking forward to having Broadswords new Call Girls, (and call boys i suppose) service me with all my UO needs!