• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Log Out Delay

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, As a precaution we have increased the time it takes to log out of the game within safe areas if you have a pet, mounted or otherwise, in the world in an attempt to resolve the pet disappearing issue. We have received several pages regarding this, and it is by design. If you receive there is another character in the world message, please give it a few moments and try again. Have a great day, Mesanna

Continue reading...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why is this posted here but not yet on official forum and when it does show up it is system section with no comments allowed

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is this posted here but not yet on official forum and when it does show up it is system section with no comments allowed
It goes where all the Dev feeds go. It is UOs forum and they chose not to have comments on that section. You could have asked this question at the M&G you chose not to attend since all other news has been there for years and no dev feed is posted anywhere else other than when they want feedback. You would think someone that is constantly on the forums would know these things and not have to ask.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This really bugs me ... how can we all point at @GarthGrey and go "you're crazy!" after an announcement like this? How I ask you? Huh? huh? huh?

What's funny is all the deniers in this thread. Oh its been that way forever.... I had Garths back. He is still looking over his shoulder to make sure I'm not still there.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It goes where all the Dev feeds go. It is UOs forum and they chose not to have comments on that section. You could have asked this question at the M&G you chose not to attend since all other news has been there for years and no dev feed is posted anywhere else other than when they want feedback. You would think someone that is constantly on the forums would know these things and not have to ask.
Much like the 25th party some people have to work or have lives hence having a 5 on Fri would make this available to more players but i somehow think mesanne couldn't stand not being in complete control..

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i could be wrong but i dont see how this delay will fix the pets disappearing issue. seemed to be a problem when they changed the auto stable thing they put in. they change something, it breaks something else and we have to dealt with it again. something i dont remember asking for. the worst part is, no announcement until we post about an issue or change lol.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i could be wrong but i dont see how this delay will fix the pets disappearing issue. seemed to be a problem when they changed the auto stable thing they put in. they change something, it breaks something else and we have to dealt with it again. something i dont remember asking for. the worst part is, no announcement until we post about an issue or change lol.
I don't know... What I do know is that last Artisan Festival I was on my fisherman... (He's my 120 mage/inscriptionist)... and he was logged in and just gating my characters with little to no travel ability to the tree/elf and back... that's all he was doing... He was seated on his beetle that I have had for YEARS... years and years... it was a long time bonded 3 slot beetle... which I had fully trained in all it's skills to 100 ... I had never done the "training" on it to make it 4 slots or anything of that nature.. It was just a bad azz bug... Ok... But I use it when fishing to kill the serpents... anyway... he never got off it... so one day when it was a new tree location I log in to gate my lesser characters to and from the tree... and well his beetle was gone.... IT was NOT in the stable... not in the house not anywhere to be seen... just gone... I was a bit baffled and somewhat miffed that it would just vanish like that. Now you tell me... WHY? Why would it just be gone when literally all I did was log him in and gate ... and log out... He didn't give it commands, didn't get off of it... didn't do much of anything but gate.

So no idea why it just vanished like that but it did. At first, I questioned what would have caused that... Now sometimes he has fish in it... sometimes he has chests in it that he's fished up... so likely it had items in it. And honestly THAT right there is what I believe has caused that to happen...

That BS crap they put in to keep EJs from having beetles with stuff in them and logging out... Now... I PAY for all my accounts all the time... they are never without being paid... I do NOT ever play the roulette game with my accounts they are always fully paid. I do not have any EJ accounts...

I am pretty sure that the silly thing they put in to keep EJs from having stuff has somehow broken logging out with your pet. Now I honestly don't ever log out with a pet... even one I can sit on... I just don't anymore because of this... Until that is fixed... I don't want to risk it. I mean I lost 2 bugs this way... and I would be insanely pissed if I lost a scrolled-out pet this way... a beetle and some junk aren't a big loss... but a fully bonded scrolled-up pet is.

That's my take on it. But who knows? Again... I'll point to the fact that Misk can't even detect misspelled stuff and the DEVs IMO couldn't figure out what causes the issues with the EC and looting let alone try to fix this bug... they supposedly fixed the "ghosting" problem with the EC and we all know that is not fixed... so yeah... I have little to no faith in them fixing the loss of pets. They created the problem in the first place.

FAKEUSERNAME

Adventurer
Greetings everyone, As a precaution we have increased the time it takes to log out of the game within safe areas if you have a pet, mounted or otherwise, in the world in an attempt to resolve the pet disappearing issue. We have received several pages regarding this, and it is by design. If you receive there is another character in the world message, please give it a few moments and try again. Have a great day, Mesanna

Continue reading...
Pet disappearing issues will persist.
Additionally this will cause more problems for your average player.

Although this may appear to solve player abuse mechanics, plenty of alternatives are available.
Terrible solution, but what do you expect.

Bravo Broadsword.

Lord Brackus

Visitor
Pet disappearing issues will persist.
Additionally this will cause more problems for your average player.

Although this may appear to solve player abuse mechanics, plenty of alternatives are available.
Terrible solution, but what do you expect.

Bravo Broadsword.
Ohhh nooooooo, I have to wait an extra 3 seconds when logging out now before logging in another character! The world is doooooooooooomed! How will the average player ever play the game now, clearly it is impossible!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ohhh nooooooo, I have to wait an extra 3 seconds when logging out now before logging in another character! The world is doooooooooooomed! How will the average player ever play the game now, clearly it is impossible!
It's totally not a big deal what is a big deal yep you guessed it the total lack of communication..

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes almost every time. I have logging in and out to a science collecting holiday gifts and tokens. Log in to let the game create the item in my pack, log out. Rinse and repeat. I can no longer do that...and I have been doing this for YEARS.'

YES there has been a change made.....why? Who knows...but it's very annoying.
From Monday one of many such dare I say complaints. A simple starting Monday at server up there is a new delay ...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did some thread clean up here. Please keep insults out of the discussion.