• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Keep Design Contest Final Round of Voting Reminder

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
11/12/2018 Greetings, This is a reminder the the final round of voting has started for the Keep Design Contest. Check out the top 20 picks from the first round of voting and make your selections today! Here are the important dates to remember, Final Round Voting Monday, November 12, 2018 8:47:25 AM ET Vote Tally Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:47:25 AM ET See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
#9 gets my votes, nice design, will allow me to customize, easy to move around, has STAIRS which is a must, and not much if any wasted space. Loads of room to use.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#9 gets my votes, nice design, will allow me to customize, easy to move around, has STAIRS which is a must, and not much if any wasted space. Loads of room to use.
You kinda failed to say that was your design ..... lol

Although of those on offer my vote will be going to this one or the one drakelord is pushing #12 robins nest, not decided yet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that is the best Keep design of all I've seen. Good Luck!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Although of those on offer my vote will be going to this one or the one drakelord is pushing #12 robins nest, not decided yet.
She was also on TC acting like she was shocked she was in the top.~ (even though it was after she posted here :lick:)

Only thing wrong with 9, and some guildies agreed, is those pieces sticking out are very distracting, especially if you choose not to put interior walls. I really like your method of dealing of leaving space for interior walls a lot better.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
She was also on TC acting like she was shocked she was in the top.~ (even though it was after she posted here :lick:)

Only thing wrong with 9, and some guildies agreed, is those pieces sticking out are very distracting, especially if you choose not to put interior walls. I really like your method of dealing of leaving space for interior walls a lot better.
Yeah I thought about changing but then I was too late to do so... but the corners left off if you don't fix it leave you victim to being attacked in your own home... so I guess I'd rather have the sticking out and safety if I lived in Fel or on Siege.

And yes it is my design...

Be sure to check all the hidden doors on mine I did put in several and you can put ladders on the front to run right in...

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I do like 12 ok but on that one there are no left out parts or sticking out things so you will have to work around that and deal with the "gaps"... if you add walls in it. Otherwise, I really liked the design...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I do like 12 ok but on that one there are no left out parts or sticking out things so you will have to work around that and deal with the "gaps"... if you add walls in it. Otherwise, I really liked the design...
I agree that is the downfall of 12 for me, I don't like one room per floor but I also don't like walls that don't connect.

Call me crazy, i like alot of the elements of 3, and the fact it's actually got rooms, but there are little details that bug me. And 18, but the fact it's got single tile stairways and some of the placement of them makes me
:(

A sandstone keep would have been nice.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree that is the downfall of 12 for me, I don't like one room per floor but I also don't like walls that don't connect.

Call me crazy, i like alot of the elements of 3, and the fact it's actually got rooms, but there are little details that bug me. And 18, but the fact it's got single tile stairways and some of the placement of them makes me

I don't have a problem with the 'odd' wall not connecting, you can deco that out and are not forced to put walls where someone else 'thinks' you may want them. My problem with 9 is on the exterior it is really pretty boring and 12 beats it hands down for outside interest, and yeah it may be based on a traditional keep but that is pretty ugly and just a block. One room per floor is fine for me as I can put rooms where I want them. My only problem with 12 is that the teleporters are placed next to each other on the second/third floors and you need to run with circ to see the damn things so you step on the right one. I hate playing with circ on, so that is a drag, and you didn't need to put in teleporters, especially in places where I DON'T want them, as I could of put in my own. But from the outside that one is much more aesthetically pleasing.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I think 3 came closest to a sandstone - name is Sandalwood Keep. Then there is #14 - The Apadan.

Gallica

Visitor
My pick is 12 and if it goes on the list I will definitely place one. I am a little disappointed however that 84 didn't even make the top 20. It was almost the exact same design as 12 but built with the bluish stone instead. (presumably the same builder) I thought that it was a nice change from the plain walls. Ah well not to be!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't mind me, just bumping this to the top in case some folks missed the part where there is only a couple days to vote and not a week

*up ya go!*

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
not one to pancake or complain not cutting down any ones designs but this is a contest for building a keep not anything else. I'm sorry but some of these designs should of been eliminated and not put on the first round. if this was a contest build what you want then these houses would of been ok.but it wasn't. so there is no misunderstanding it's not the walls etc that was used to build the design its the design itself. and a lot of players designs that should of made the list didn't due to this. the first round the dev team should choose the first round houses and the players should vote for the 2nd round

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
not one to pancake or complain not cutting down any ones designs but this is a contest for building a keep not anything else. I'm sorry but some of these designs should of been eliminated and not put on the first round. if this was a contest build what you want then these houses would of been ok.but it wasn't. so there is no misunderstanding it's not the walls etc that was used to build the design its the design itself. and a lot of players designs that should of made the list didn't due to this. the first round the dev team should choose the first round houses and the players should vote for the 2nd round
Yeah a lot look like large 18 x 18's and not 'keeplike' at all. Some that made it are just boxes, with absolutely nothing architectural about them lol. I do wonder how they got in, and all I can think of is that they have a lot of friends/accounts or the other logic (and MOST LIKELY) would be all the 'builders' each voted for their 'own' so the serious builders all get one or two or three votes each but they are split over 100 or so worthwhile designs. Had the devs done the 'initial cull' then it would be based solely on the design rather than 'friends' or a massively split vote due to the above. Of this 20 I would consider only voting on 2, and there were another 3-4 that had architectural merit in the design and were 'keeplike' however too restrictive in design/color palette for my liking. The rest looked like golorified 18 x 18's. As an example I submitted 3 keeps, I voted on ONE of them, (spires) just because I figured that one would stand a better chance, even tho my personal preference was for the Tudor. I liked the french chateau but not for 'me' to live in as I prefer grey stone. Only built them to present three diff options.

The devs need to do the initial cull if they are serious about getting really great designs.

uokings7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping for the spires to make it through to voting but Robin's nest is an excellent alternative. I went over all of my favorites probably 15 times picking them apart before I decided to give all my votes to Robins nest. It's just a great design for me. I like that design much more than my own designs. Great job whoever Robin is :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was hoping for the spires to make it through to voting but Robin's nest is an excellent alternative. I went over all of my favorites probably 15 times picking them apart before I decided to give all my votes to Robins nest. It's just a great design for me. I like that design much more than my own designs. Great job whoever Robin is :)
I would actually like to 'see' the vote count. They showed it last time and I am not sure why they haven't this time. It is not transparent without knowing how many votes each design got.

I know the spires got at least 7 votes plus maybe 2 more if those of you above actually voted for it lol, not sure on the others, the castle last time got about 12 votes I think from memory and made it to #22 on the list. It was a dev pick tho so made it through on that basis.

I short listed the original 232 by looking at the thread showing the outside to about 20 I wanted to look at. I then looked at those, and had a list of 6 that I would actually want to convert to so if mine didn't get up I knew which ones I was ok with. Of those remaining only ONE (#12 Robin's nest) got in. I put my votes (x3) on that. #9 came close but for ME it was just to 'same as old look keep' for my preference. I needed more on the outside although on all other criteria it fitted.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everyone is a builder, this contest gives folks a chance to show off those skills and, as evidenced by the list, not everyone is looking for another keep. A proper manor house for those who can't design one, why not?

And if there is another round of castle building I look forward to building a type of structure popular in the northeast - big house, little house, back house, barn ;)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not everyone is a builder, this contest gives folks a chance to show off those skills and, as evidenced by the list, not everyone is looking for another keep. A proper manor house for those who can't design one, why not?

And if there is another round of castle building I look forward to building a type of structure popular in the northeast - big house, little house, back house, barn ;)
even if you are not after a keep or castle but a larger version of an 18 x 18 at least 2 of those selected were nothing, just completely square boxes with zero going for them as either a keep or house. If all you need to do is run a block of wall around three levels, leave out all internal walls and dump a bit of grass down then I guess my idea of a design competition and yours differ greatly lol. Another one has about 20 dif tile choices, and you fall out the windows and off the roof, with teleporters that go nowhere.

The devs need to structure this comp so that they pick the top 20 then we vote on those, or the few votes get split so sparsely over 100 or more 'good' designs or alternatively go to those who have lots of accounts to throw on one of their own or those in large guilds/lots of friends.

It is why I am interested in actually 'seeing' how many votes stuff got as they did last time.

It is a serious waste of everybody's time if we end up with stuff no-one wants to actually build in game. What is the point.

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got one in also. However I decided to at least go a little bit more with the original rooms.

Some may say "we don't want rooms as we need space to decorate" but from what some of my favorite decorators and me normally deliver you can do that very well with that house.

Its number 6.
Some similarities with one of the other but I gave more focus on certain details

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah a lot look like large 18 x 18's and not 'keeplike' at all. Some that made it are just boxes, with absolutely nothing architectural about them lol. I do wonder how they got in, and all I can think of is that they have a lot of friends/accounts or the other logic (and MOST LIKELY) would be all the 'builders' each voted for their 'own' so the serious builders all get one or two or three votes each but they are split over 100 or so worthwhile designs. Had the devs done the 'initial cull' then it would be based solely on the design rather than 'friends' or a massively split vote due to the above. Of this 20 I would consider only voting on 2, and there were another 3-4 that had architectural merit in the design and were 'keeplike' however too restrictive in design/color palette for my liking. The rest looked like golorified 18 x 18's. As an example I submitted 3 keeps, I voted on ONE of them, (spires) just because I figured that one would stand a better chance, even tho my personal preference was for the Tudor. I liked the french chateau but not for 'me' to live in as I prefer grey stone. Only built them to present three diff options.

The devs need to do the initial cull if they are serious about getting really great designs.
Do you remember the designs they picked out of the top 40 last time?

I don't mind larger 18x18 style designs. Who says they have to be like keeps or look like historical keeps. While I'm not a fan of the Spires design, I really liked the outside of one of your other designs. I liked both actually, but disliked all the doors in one (and the Spires) and really disliked the stairways sucking up the north wall with a big void of nothingness in the rest of the house, on the other. I, personally, don't like this trend of all these houses not having interior rooms. Sure one keep maybe blank slab floors for storage, but for one of my keeps I want an actually nicely done rooms. I like rooms actual rooms and not granite made ones. But I also like non-traditional stone style buildings..

So, there are some surprisingly poorly designed keeps in the final this time. This won't stop, in fact, I saw several members from one server commenting how they are critical of everyone's designs except their own server. Guess what their design was? A cube with teleporters. Also I saw another person having guildmates logging in and blindly voting on their guildhouse design. I am not even sure their design is a building. However, there's no way to stop that, just have to outsmart it.

With 250 choices, votes are going to be diluted, no way around it. And if you think Mesanna is going to look at 200 buildings, she's not. She can't. As a player, how are you going to make your vote count? It just may NOT be voting for your favorite. It's finding a group of friends and you each coming up with a list of keeps you would use. Compare the list. Find one you all can agree on and put the votes towards THAT one.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe they are going to be more contests available in the future. With real life obligations I was unable to participate in this or the castle one. I'm hoping to try my hand at it on the next go round, and copy my 18X18 house.
If their was a fair way to implement a 100 max amount of submissions for the first round that would make it easier to see all the designs within a reasonable amount of time. Lastly it would be nice to be able to convert the funds
used for one of the new designs you purchased towards another new design in the future that might be more to your liking.

Girl Scout Edith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:yell:

I :heart:hope:heart: the next contest does not include the words keep and castle....

I :heart:hope:heart: the next contest will only allow buildings that are SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!

Keeps... Castles.... boring boring boring.... You have them already. Stone, brick, mortar, wood....boring boring boring... You have them already!

:lame:And until :mf_prop: those :mf_prop: that feel they HAVE TO WIN BECAUSE THEY WANT TO WIN AND WILL DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO WIN mature, WE WILL GET THE SAME THING!! :lame:
GROW UP! :facepalm:

If you're approached by someone who :thumbdown:tells you how to vote :thumbdown:and you do what they say, what does that say about you? :owned:Spineless? Ruled? A Boy Scout? :lick: Grow a pair because you're not borrowing mine! If you're the type of person who laughs and tells them to :talktothehand: go take a hike :talktothehand: join the Girl Scouts!

STOP THINKING ABOUT :lame:YOURSELF :lame: AND LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE A CHANCE
TO SHINE AND LET REAL OPINIONS (FUNNY PHRASE) HAVE A CHANCE TO DETERMINE WHICH ONE WINS!

/:rant2:

*Salutes*

Girl Scout Edith
Baja Girl Scout Troop #1

:next:

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah I didn't even bother trying, just scrolled down....ughhh :(

uokings7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be a lot of fun if they gave each contest an actual theme from here on out. We got a bunch of new castle designs and we're gonna get a bunch more keep designs. Lets have a themed contest :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you remember the designs they picked out of the top 40 last time?

I don't mind larger 18x18 style designs. Who says they have to be like keeps or look like historical keeps. While I'm not a fan of the Spires design, I really liked the outside of one of your other designs. I liked both actually, but disliked all the doors in one (and the Spires) and really disliked the stairways sucking up the north wall with a big void of nothingness in the rest of the house, on the other. I, personally, don't like this trend of all these houses not having interior rooms. Sure one keep maybe blank slab floors for storage, but for one of my keeps I want an actually nicely done rooms. I like rooms actual rooms and not granite made ones. But I also like non-traditional stone style buildings..

So, there are some surprisingly poorly designed keeps in the final this time. This won't stop, in fact, I saw several members from one server commenting how they are critical of everyone's designs except their own server. Guess what their design was? A cube with teleporters. Also I saw another person having guildmates logging in and blindly voting on their guildhouse design. I am not even sure their design is a building. However, there's no way to stop that, just have to outsmart it.

With 250 choices, votes are going to be diluted, no way around it. And if you think Mesanna is going to look at 200 buildings, she's not. She can't. As a player, how are you going to make your vote count? It just may NOT be voting for your favorite. It's finding a group of friends and you each coming up with a list of keeps you would use. Compare the list. Find one you all can agree on and put the votes towards THAT one.
The top three were the player ones and 20/22/37 were the dev ones.

#1 - Canary - Keep
#2 - Dot Warner - Castle
#5 - Don Quan - Castle
#20 - Queen Elsa - Castle
#22 - MissEcho - Castle
#37 - Analaya - Castle

And Mesanna doesn't have to look at 200 buildings, there are 5-6-8 devs? they can look at two pages each and short list their pages to a selection of the best 2-3 then they can all view the combined picks by each dev to come up with the final 20, then let players vote. It isn't a huge task, most they can look at from the outside and know whether they should bother to go in, it would take them less than a hour, and think of the time they have 'saved' by not having to build their own designs to add as a Permanent part of the game, surely a small amount of time to get an excellent result is better than this dog's breakfast we have now? I don't care if my designs didn't make it in, sheesh, I can wait til more rounds or build one I do like, it is the fact that at least half of those in this rounds top 20 are really pretty bad. I have one keep on siege which I will convert, I have 3 castles. I put my votes to #12 even tho it has a few things I don't like, but it is better than the existing keep and comes close to suiting my needs, I can add my own walls and layout and to me that is a HUGE part of why It works for me. If they have more rounds I can submit more stuff.

I just think the vote dilution is actually working against getting really nice stuff in game.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just think the vote dilution is actually working against getting really nice stuff in game.
Or you are like everyone else and think yours are better designs than anybody elses. And they are, for You.
The devs will choose 3 like they did the last time. They should choose those 3 first and leave the top 20 vote getters.

Let the players choose. I really don't know how a big guild doesn't win these every time.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or you are like everyone else and think yours are better designs than anybody elses. And they are, for You.
The devs will choose 3 like they did the last time. They should choose those 3 first and leave the top 20 vote getters.

Let the players choose. I really don't know how a big guild doesn't win these every time.
Actually I don't think mine are better designs than anybody else's, well they are compared to some I have seen lol, but seriously have you been to all 20 of those selected and can you honestly say that they are the pick of the bunch of all that were put up?

I built three this round and each was completely different to the next, it was the design thing that attracted me, which of those was my fav? Not the one I actually put my votes on, but yeah I wasn't voting for ME. I built for player choice not for me, and it is actually pretty offensive of you to suggest what you think my views are. Sure I like my designs, but I don't care that they win or not, they will be good designs whether people vote for them or not. I actually do care that those that make it in are actually great designs, and sadly that isn't what is happening in some cases.

There are probably at least 50 other keeps that are a vast improvement on at least 5 (if not more) of those that actually made it in and i think that is where vote dilution comes in. I am not talking about wall color or whether or not they include internal walls and doors, but seriously how about a window, is that asking too much or asking for more than running a wall around in a box on three levels and calling it good? Or the fact that you fall out the windows or off the roof, or that teleporters take you no where or just trap you so you have to 'leave house' to actually move? I just think we should have a proper building with doors, windows and at least something that is building like not just walls in a square.

If the devs choose three from all those submitted then that is fine and I hope that is the case, that all designs get a view. I fear that they are gonna limit themselves to that top 20 which is a shame.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me it is about the walls and room placement. When I am inside I do not see the outside design. But I do see the inside walls and floors.

I could live in all but 2 of these chosen 20. Also think the Devs should edit any winners to eliminate things like bad teleporters or falling out windows.

This has been a much anticipated addition to UO. Someday you will realize we are all not the same and like what we like. The players have spoken.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can see both sides here...I would set more store by the players 'choices' if it wasn't already evident that people are bribing for votes again, the person already reported for this has a design that definitely did not get through on it's own merit.
As @MalagAste said, 'if my design can't stand on it's own then I guess I have to keep working at it.' maybe we should all take a leaf out of her book. What exactly has anyone accomplished if they had to buy votes? Most of us have more dignity than that!
Personally I think a lot of people learned a hard lesson the first time around and now guilds/alliances are banding together to get something of their own through, in our alliance we had our own mini contest to decide which designs we would vote for.
Of course most people are making a building for themselves, it's exactly what they would want and that's fine, but it's not really going to sell well to the masses if it has serious design flaws, the Devs are aware this was meant to be a gold sink, right?
A blank cube with nothing inside and no windows is not a home, not by any standards. How can that be in the same league as some of the other well-though-out designs? But if a guild of 50 people all vote for it then what can we do?
Then there are the people who just want a Keep or Castle of the same type as we already have but made more practical, this category is harder to sell but you would think more people would like this, as it's what we asked for since Castles and Keeps existed. We have two really great examples of this in the final 20, both of these should do well in the voting.
For myself I don't need anything fancy, multi-coloured floors and fancy roofs are not really my thing, I just want something I can live in that I won't find irritates me a few months down the road. Practical is more important than pretty to me, but I do want a bit of both. Good luck to all the last 20 entries. :)

Girl Scout Edith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In regards to my above post, for those of you who can't read crayon, what I would like to communication is this....

My wish is that future rounds of contests be for designs that are for anything except Castles and Keeps. Given the set of tools we have now, most of what tends to be created is just another version of what we already have. We can create some really unique structures as evident by many of the past and current designs but many people are stuck on the idea that It has to be a keep. It would be helpful if our palette of building blocks were expanded. I think at this point we have, for the most part, proved that we can be trusted to attempt to create a good design that in the end gets approved by the devs.

As people become more experienced at design the end results will become more refined. These contests are apparently going to be held quarterly so If we allow different designs to become reality then eventually there will be a design that should pretty much work for anyone. No one is going to be perfectly happy with a design that's not their own, that's human nature. We tend to hold tightly onto our opinions of what is right. But the reality of it is that most of the designs are workable if we adapt and are less rigid in our thinking.

..end of nicey nice..

If you're the sort that has to win at all costs take a moment and look around you. Yeah, you're not alone. We're all in this together. As far as fixing votes, if you're approached by someone who tells you how to vote and you do what they say, what does that say about you? Spineless? Ruled? A Boy Scout? :lick: Grow a pair because you're not borrowing mine! If you're the type of person who laughs and tells them to go take a hike join the Girl Scouts! Each and every person has the right to their own opinion. I certainly don't want to lose that due to someone's ego needing stroking.

STOP THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF AND LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE A CHANCE TO SHINE AND LET REAL OPINIONS (FUNNY PHRASE) HAVE A CHANCE TO DETERMINE WHICH ONE WINS!

Delores D

Journeyman
I still don't see why we can not build our own. As the devs can see, we all would not build borg cubes. I want something nice and bright and useful to what I do. My eyesight is not what it used to be. I am tired of looking at the dark gray stone. I tried with light tiles on the floor in my castle but I am not crazy about the look. I have had a keep and didn't like running from one side of the place to another.
A few of the designs are the same layout of the keeps we have now but with no walls. I don't want to have to replace what I have and then have to add more walls that you cant use the transparency on. You cannot put doors in arched doorways.

Merth

Journeyman
This whole contest is really dumb lol. Yes I get it everyone wants new pixel crack. What do the winners get?? Bragging rights? Several have stated they didnt make a design that appeals to them but to the player base as a whole in order to win? Why? So you can say thats my design?

Wouldnt it just make more sense to allow castles and keeps to be customizable? Apparently its possible since its happening proven by this very contest. Or just allow a new option of placing a bigger plot say 24x24.

Maybe im just confused???

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is that they wanted to have submissions from the player base to create some new interest in the game. Not everyone has the creativity or the desire to construct a structure and would rather have something already built.
This is not a one time deal and their will be additional events in the not to distant future. I would rather they stick to around a 100 entries for each round. They may in fact after this is finished allow for your own customizing of a larger plot,
there has been no mention of this not happening in the future. I actually like the event, its given me a reason to check into the game more often. I believe you will be seeing some really cool designs that will not be anything like stone keeps
in the near future. It's a game enjoy!

Last edited:

Black Widow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This whole contest is really dumb lol. Yes I get it everyone wants new pixel crack. What do the winners get?? Bragging rights? Several have stated they didnt make a design that appeals to them but to the player base as a whole in order to win? Why? So you can say thats my design?

Wouldnt it just make more sense to allow castles and keeps to be customizable? Apparently its possible since its happening proven by this very contest. Or just allow a new option of placing a bigger plot say 24x24.

Maybe im just confused???
The devs said player complete customization of a keep or castle (from just a plot space) would create a huge amount of lag. Doubt that? Run by a keep or castle where someone has put a ton of goza mats down to make more floors. Having it pre-made and just put down creates much less lag. I know people will complain about every thing that is done, but lag would be a huge problem for most.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The devs said player complete customization of a keep or castle (from just a plot space) would create a huge amount of lag. Doubt that? Run by a keep or castle where someone has put a ton of goza mats down to make more floors. Having it pre-made and just put down creates much less lag. I know people will complain about every thing that is done, but lag would be a huge problem for most.
Except in the case of many of the winners from last time, people still used tile and gozas if they converted. Not only that a lot of these designs being submitted have no interior walls, meaning, you have to add stonework, which doesn't help with the lag.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted for # 13 zips
because the roof was done like a keep roof should be done.( small walls one high one lower around the roof)
because different walls and floor tiles were used.( don't really like sandstone to bright )
because it is a simple nice design to be able to work with.

Black Widow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Except in the case of many of the winners from last time, people still used tile and gozas if they converted. Not only that a lot of these designs being submitted have no interior walls, meaning, you have to add stonework, which doesn't help with the lag.
There is still much less to do this way tho ;)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am one of the people who built Queen Elsa's design & I have used gozas ... I would also like to say that I had the goza's in the original castle. It was part of the decoration for my castle. so no matter what the floors looked like, they were going to end up with red & white goza's... Its a theme and will stay that way, no matter what the design of the castle would be... And I love it, I just wish I could finish it so everybody could see it

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the goza's don't create as much lag as pavers & walls do... I could show you my husbands castle and then a friends keep on Sonoma. there is a big difference between the two...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am one of the people who built Queen Elsa's design & I have used gozas ... I would also like to say that I had the goza's in the original castle. It was part of the decoration for my castle. so no matter what the floors looked like, they were going to end up with red & white goza's... Its a theme and will stay that way, no matter what the design of the castle would be... And I love it, I just wish I could finish it so everybody could see it
That's a very fitting castle for a Cinderella. ;)