• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Jolly Roger TC Release 3

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
11/12/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the third and likely final Test Center release of Jolly Roger will be available today after 4pm ET! Jolly Roger is the final in our High Seas themed content updates for the year and we are excited to bring you a host of updates in this latest release including, Mannequin Upgrade Updates based on player feedback Shrine Battles Updates based on player feedback New Ultima Store Item – Pet Whistle! This is only a small part of what’s to come in Jolly Roger and we look forward to hearing your constructive feedback as we […]

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For a dev team that is always accused of not listening to feedback, they changed a lot of things due to player feedback.

Pet whistle makes the pet do animations only? Bring back dancing.

And stays on a pet for a week before you can change pets...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can't wait to test the Pet Whistle... sounds fun!

As for the rest ... I assume we still can't put "owned by" items on the mannequin? Wish that we could since I can no longer display my cool suit that I get from the EM's... kinda sucks. Ok it really sucks.

Glad you changed the color of the armor drop... can't wait to see what the new color is.

And finally:

Based on player feedback new Krampus rewards are weighted as a higher chance than old Krampus rewards

So you will do that for Krampus but not for the Artisan Festival rewards??? Because this is the last year the chances of getting this last set as a reward will be slim to none even for someone like me with MULTIPLE accounts even if we do every tree and every character... getting this last set of rewards will be near impossible with all the other year rewards being at the same chance in the same pool...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mannequins are a waste of devs time when so much other broken things in game need to be fixed. All this will do is add lag to the game with people having lots of mannequins. :facepalm:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
mannequins are a waste of devs time when so much other broken things in game need to be fixed. All this will do is add lag to the game with people having lots of mannequins. :facepalm:
People already have tons of them... I know people with insane numbers of them already so not going to really change anything...

Trust me I know I've sold tons of the tickets and mannequins... And they aren't nearly as bad as the 100's of tiles in some buildings which they fixed which I'm oh so happy they did... not as bad as the people with 100's of vendors which cause lag, the tons of auction safes which also cause lag... parrots, and everything else that people fill their houses with..... that cause lag. Drop in the bucket and adding this feature IMO is nice... Now I can see a suit I'm putting together for someone without having to keep asking them what the stats are now or putting it on myself and then giving it to them...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly everyone has 7 chars they can dress for 22 years that does that, no need to waste coding on a mannequin. Complete waste of time.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was actually pretty impressed when i first saw that the Crimson/Platinum Drakes actually have a Block animation whenever they parry an attack. They even have a dodge animation too.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what do we do with all these soul binders and cargo. Nothing but a load of **** to trade so far. Where is the great content? So far t maps and sos have been totally messed up. No fix. No new content. Just a year of keep and castle play games and worthless ****. Just wow

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got one of the new fellowship arties (Unfortunately its not an item that is good for looking at the new hue)

Decorator tool says its 2751

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good color... will be great on a mannequin...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great color! Goes with Blackthorn pieces.

:banana:Thanks to the testers that noticed the original armor had a dull color we can dye to now.:banana:

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Endless Journey accounts can no longer participate in Trade Quests."

So they go against a few players exploiting their EJ accounts to do Krampus runs and what not - but they do not do really anything against Avatar advertising his RMT gold selling website 24/7 on ALL shards using tons of EJ accounts? Seriously?

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Resolved issue where gump transparency did not function properly in the EC
I have my fair doubts just setting whole generic gumps transparent was intended as "function properly".

With no changes to the fonts and colors, it just makes some gumps harder to read:
hard-to-read.png

The next three versions show the EC before the change, the EC after the change, and the actual look in the CC. In the CC the borders are not transparent and the white text has a way darker background/more contrast.
old-new-compare.png

When you dig into the details, you get quite decent control over the various parts of the gumps:
colors-alpha-compare.png

The top row shows (from left to right): the non-colored background (as before the patch), colored background areas for illustration and colored background + section background. All without any transparency.

The bottom row shows the transparent versions as of now and an alternative version on the very right, with a transparent center area, solid borders and reduced transparency for the sub-section backgrounds.

I also tried replacing the texture altogether, but it didn't went too well :D
texture-alt.png

The newer EC vendor search window was purposely commented out to go back to the generic vendor search gump as used in the CC. You can clearly tell that from the changes to the UI code (i.e. not a mistake). It pretty much fits the direction of using more and more generic gumps that work in both clients over moddable windows that have to be maintained on top just for the EC. I can see where they coming from, still "Not a fan of it" :p At least it gave me an excuse to dig into the EC again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They weren't here that's how... but they could ask those of us who were if we can spare one or 10 or whatever... most of us vets have dozens... I certainly wouldn't want to get one of those as a drop for pity sakes I got them coming out my ears.

But I suppose if you haven't played in a long time... left and let your house fall... lost everything somehow maybe you'd need such a thing but I wouldn't want that.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They weren't here that's how... but they could ask those of us who were if we can spare one or 10 or whatever... most of us vets have dozens... I certainly wouldn't want to get one of those as a drop for pity sakes I got them coming out my ears.

But I suppose if you haven't played in a long time... left and let your house fall... lost everything somehow maybe you'd need such a thing but I wouldn't want that.
I got a couple, but nothing crazy. Wouldn't mind getting another five or six along the event. If it comes as a bod reward thats cool too.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the one thing they didnt do to mannequins is allow us to rename them. Everything else is a waste.

Also did they fix how the Shrine Battles Drop items? If not, its going to be the same as any other Event. Kill mages, get books, then leave and wait for next Shrine.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reason EJ's got stopped from trade quests is cause people were script farming to get the Slims shadow veil (FC1 mempo). EJ just needs to go away, it is a failed experiment. 98% of EJ's do illegal things, 2% are potential returning players.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reason EJ's got stopped from trade quests is cause people were script farming to get the Slims shadow veil (FC1 mempo). EJ just needs to go away, it is a failed experiment. 98% of EJ's do illegal things, 2% are potential returning players.
It was designed to be a major pain for any honest player. Not suprised at all. Glad they didn't just remove the trade deals as they tend to do with a lot of content these days (gold elementals, dark guardians, ...).

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My understanding of the shrine battles is that the bosses function the same as blackthorn's captains, which are insanely easy and quick on the right templates [typically a dragoon] [think sampire with healing instead of necro]

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If the shrine battles are like Minax captains, a dragoon can plough through them with ease.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been on test center 10 times since this was posted and no signs of people testing this..... dont even know where it is,I checked shrines....

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless this thing ends in some fantastic new continuing content, I will consider it nothing more than the update that ruined the High Seas.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The REAL problem, which I honestly fail to understand why it is not addressed once and for all, is the ability for players to SCRIPT in Ultima Online, worse if unattended....

Instead of addressing a zillion of issues here and there, like this thing with EJ accounts and trade Quests being scripted, which is only the latest one to get scripted, the Developers should find a way to either stop scripting as being possible OR, to detect scripters 100% of the time so as to ban them together with the subscribed accounts which benefit from those free, EJ accounts' wrongdoings .........

Items have a unique ID code attached to them, LOG what items the scripting account has produced, see into what Account it ended up being given to, and ban them all only saving from the Ban those account that the item(s) was traded to through a legal in-game Trade for a realistic monetary in-game exchange.

Anything else, to my opinion, if scripting won't be addressed once and for all, will be just a whole lot of useless patch work which will not really address nor fix anything, really....