• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Important Game Notice

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2015 Jan 14 17:23 GMT
Greetings Everyone,

We are going to be taking down the Promotional System to do some upgrades to it tomorrow, January 15th, starting at 10 am.ET. These updates will improve the processing and delivery speed of all promotional codes in game.

We will also be doing updates to Vendor Search for new items recently added. We are not taking it offline but you will notice that it will not update. We will post updates as each task is completed.

Thank you,

UO Team

Continue reading...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uh oh. codes being altered? is it a fix or will UO meet the same fate as warhammer?

i guess time will tell.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No transfers then? I guess I got a char stuck on GL for who knows how long...

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
uh oh. codes being altered? is it a fix or will UO meet the same fate as warhammer?

i guess time will tell.
Wtf Smoot? You know very well that there are no similarities at all.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i guess time will tell.
He could be half right. It was last Feb since Broadsword took over and were almost at the year mark. I am sure there has to been some time line for Broadsword to turn UO around ( I was thinking 1 year)? Have we had a influx in player base? Just a theory. Let's hope all is well

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So...after the site is back up, I'll be able to buy a few things and not be told that my CC is rejected because of vague reason #10048?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So...after the site is back up, I'll be able to buy a few things and not be told that my CC is rejected because of vague reason #10048?
No. That will continue to happen, as that is an error on Origin side, not theirs.
And EA ain't in no rush to get it fixed...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know when it was posted, but take note that the site has been updated.

I am going to surmise that because they edited the original post instead of making a new one, that Stratics's auto feed thingie may not notice. So I, as a public service, am posting the update, just in case I'm right. (And if I'm wrong and the update makes it on, or has made it on, to Stratics, no harm done.)

The updates to Vendor Search and the Promotional Codes are now complete. Vendor Search will update properly and you should see an increase in speeds in which you receive your Promotional items in game.
I also note that there is nothing in this update that suggests the game was ending or anything along those lines. Indeed the suggestion quite plainly is that they were responding to our complaints, and doing so appropriately. If the previous announcement were a Warhammer type situation, what, pray tell, are the odds they'd bother updating the vendor search for UO's last few months of existence?

Remember, please, that EA is crazy. This means that if UO ever is shut down it's as likely to be related to some crazy whim as it is to anything we as players ever are likely to see.

-Galen's player

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the previous announcement were a Warhammer type situation, what, pray tell, are the odds they'd bother updating the vendor search for UO's last few months of existence?
-Galen's player
same odds as a merciful dose of morphine to ease a dying man into oblivion :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI, I tried the new promotional system this morning. Had a woodcrafters table I had been trying to get for a few weeks. Before I would enter a code, and told via message to contact a GM. Added my code this morning...took 5 seconds and the table deed was in my pack as intended.

Bravo!

Now get Origin to fix the store so I can give them money and we'll be all set. :) ...la