• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Hardware Update on Lake Superior

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2013 Sep 24 18:11 GMT
Tomorrow morning during maintenance (September 25th,2013) we will be extending the down time for a few hours to update some outdated hardware on Lake Superior. We do not expect the shard to be down more then 3 hours maximum and expect to have it up and running no later than 9 am.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

UO Team

Continue reading...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dupe patrol!!! get ready for some deletions!!! muhahhaaa

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm slightly confused... having moved servers on to cloud based systems, it sems a little weird you then need to "update some outdated hardware on Lake Superior."

I was having the same thought myself when I needed the link to Account Management and saw the news. What hardware do they still have?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sooo, It appears LS hasn't gone down for shard maintenance since this hardware upgrade we had on the 25th.

Lots of champ spawns in T2A are bugged, when popped they don't spawn any mobs, the few that do spawn mobs, spawn the same type of mobs everytime it's popped (Desert = undead for instance..)

And people are unable to Xfer from, or too LS atm.

Last edited:

rmjcsr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also plant beds,sheep,stumps,mining carts etc. are not working properly almost as if time is standing still.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm slightly confused... having moved servers on to cloud based systems, it sems a little weird you then need to "update some outdated hardware on Lake Superior."
It's on the rainy part of the cloud :)

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sooooo....

Is everyone just holding their breath and hoping this problem solves itself or are we going to get an official word addressing what's going on with Lake Superior?

Last edited:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My plants are not growing and I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore! Lol. No but really....what the heck is going on? 5 days, no shard maintenance and not a peep from the man?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is not a problem with LS, and stop looking at the man behind the curtain.

On a side note I tried to xfer from GL to LS last night and couldn't. I could pick any shard except for LS.

T

Tazar

There is not a problem with LS, and stop looking at the man behind the curtain.

On a side note I tried to xfer from GL to LS last night and couldn't. I could pick any shard except for LS.
Strange - I was able to transfer from LS to Atlantic Sunday evening.