• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

uo.com down?!

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, can't say I'm surprised, really.

I just hope they get their act together soon.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This page isn’t working
uo.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 503

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They wrote this last month about logging in but let's be honest here... the site is becoming as buggy as the game. If you ask for a fix you'll probably get a "Not at this time" reply with "It's working as intended" Lol

"Greetings everyone, I wanted to let you guys know we are aware of the issues with logging into the UO forums. The temporary work around is to use Firefox. Now that the EA Store is functioning and you are able to buy codes again we will dedicate our efforts to fixing the forums. Thank you! UO Team"

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's been down since yesterday at least, event is coming up so they might be adding things to the wiki or doing maint or who knows....but yes it happens quite often, usually doesn't last that long. Forums still work and account management still works so...that's pretty much all you need.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep extended maintenance for some shards:

Greetings all, Please be advised of the upcoming maintenance cycle for Balhae, Sakura, Izumo, and Yamato shards beginning 2:00 PM Tuesday, Eastern Time / 4:00 AM Wednesday, Tokyo Time. We expect the maintenance period to last approximately 6 hours. Thank you for your patience. Uo Team

So they had to update the main page with that announcement...why they have to take it totally DOWN to add a post I don't know..but that's usually how that works lol.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yep extended maintenance for some shards:

Greetings all, Please be advised of the upcoming maintenance cycle for Balhae, Sakura, Izumo, and Yamato shards beginning 2:00 PM Tuesday, Eastern Time / 4:00 AM Wednesday, Tokyo Time. We expect the maintenance period to last approximately 6 hours. Thank you for your patience. Uo Team

So they had to update the main page with that announcement...why they have to take it totally DOWN to add a post I don't know..but that's usually how that works lol.
Personally this is where the Dev team should be giving a little bit more detail on what sort of maintenance is being done that takes 6 hours. I think doing that sort of thing would go a long way towards improving communication and also debunking some incorrect opinions that the Dev team isn't actively working on anything. I think a lot of people, including myself kind of assume the Dev team is focusing something like 90% of their time on NL / 10% new publish.