• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Congratulations Keep Design Contest Winners!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5/16/2019 We know you are going to LOVE these designs! We are continually amazed at the creativity of Britannia’s architects and we are excited to announce the following keep plots will be available when Forgotten Treasures is released worldwide, The fortress of Lestat by Lestat Citadel of the Far by voice Keep Incarcerated by Nick Carraway Desert Rose by obsdian Sally Trees by Cinderella Clover’s Keep by Clover Congratulations again to all the winners! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to see that Robin and her friends came in 1st again, with pretty much the same design as her/his 1st keep and castle.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG Zeke, do you not read anything? I already mentioned in that other keep thread that one of the winners was a copy of a recent winner. And I meant a copy of Robin's Roost castle. (with a slight change ) We, me and Robin did not enter this time. I am her friend irl. . The winning keep was not made by Robin or her friend. Me. It was a copy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice to see that Robin and her friends came in 1st again, with pretty much the same design as her/his 1st keep and castle.
LOL Nope. They copied a design that won.

LS did not have our Llama Queen in this round. So LS went for 3 of 3 and they did not enter another one. If they did it would have won again. :p

I have only seen Robin once, does that make me a friend? We are a tight knit group that will help our fellow players out.
The :tinhat: is that on one shard, players like each other enough to listen in chat and help a fellow citizen when they ask.

:twak: Llama Queen had better make one in the next round!!!:fight:

I live in the first keep that BEAT the castles badly. :lick:

It looks great. Come by sometime and Ill give a tour of how to use it.

If so many did not like those winners, it's funny that a copy won.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought that was a re-run design, and suspected it was the same person, I guess you know the person so can confirm this? . I also noted it got 61 votes in the second round. Kinda think there is a rook going on here, as in the first round of voting (that went for a week) my joint got 76 visits, in total, the second round only for the top 20 the visit only increased by 55, to take the total to 131.

I guess you need a lot of accounts or friends, as you are not gonna tell me that every person who visited mine, and then some all voted for that near identical keep as robins nest as a first choice.

May as well give it a miss now, I don't mind in the least not getting up, but I do mind when the same design voted for with a bunch of accounts keeps getting up.

Was fun but not really worth hassling with if this kinda thing is gonna go on.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought that was a re-run design, and suspected it was the same person, I guess you know the person so can confirm this? . I also noted it got 61 votes in the second round. Kinda think there is a rook going on here, as in the first round of voting (that went for a week) my joint got 76 visits, in total, the second round only for the top 20 the visit only increased by 55, to take the total to 131.

I guess you need a lot of accounts or friends, as you are not gonna tell me that every person who visited mine, and then some all voted for that near identical keep as robins nest as a first choice.

May as well give it a miss now, I don't mind in the least not getting up, but I do mind when the same design voted for with a bunch of accounts keeps getting up.

Was fun but not really worth hassling with if this kinda thing is gonna go on.
Did you read the 2 posts above you at all?

Queen Llama did not have an entry in this round.

Maybe the reason a copy of a winning design won is because the design is something the voters liked.
2 TIMES!
Lets do this instead.:tinhat:

:facepalm:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FOR THE LAST TIME. The winning keep is not done by the SAME person who won twice. It is a totally new person who copied Robin. Understand? Robin did NOT enter this time.

@MissEcho

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you read the 2 posts above you at all?

Queen Llama did not have an entry in this round.

Maybe the reason a copy of a winning design won is because the design is something the voters liked.
2 TIMES!
Lets do this instead.:tinhat:

:facepalm:
and @Cyrah When I posted that the two posts UNDER it were not there. Hence why I put a question mark after the comment :

"I thought that was a re-run design, and suspected it was the same person, I guess you know the person so can confirm this?"

So I guess YOU didn't read my post either.

The voting is still rooked when people aren't even bothering to LOOK at designs, just voting for buddies. I look at EVERY design in the first round and again go around and relook at those in the top 20. Can't say the same for others. Fact is the #1 vote this time got more votes that the TOTAL of visits other places even got, so it is pretty obvious that unless you have a groupie bunch of followers you don't stand a chance.

As for someone copying another build then getting all their accounts and buddies to vote for it, well... enough said. If ppl are happy to have identical builds over and over well so be it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
and @Cyrah When I posted that the two posts UNDER it were not there. Hence why I put a question mark after the comment :

"I thought that was a re-run design, and suspected it was the same person, I guess you know the person so can confirm this?"

So I guess YOU didn't read my post either.

The voting is still rooked when people aren't even bothering to LOOK at designs, just voting for buddies. I look at EVERY design in the first round and again go around and relook at those in the top 20. Can't say the same for others. Fact is the #1 vote this time got more votes that the TOTAL of visits other places even got, so it is pretty obvious that unless you have a groupie bunch of followers you don't stand a chance.

As for someone copying another build then getting all their accounts and buddies to vote for it, well... enough said. If ppl are happy to have identical builds over and over well so be it.
I stayed out of the whole thing this time... I didn't build anything (I won my Keep design in the first Keep round)... I didn't look at any and I didn't vote on any... I certainly could have but I figured it wasn't something I needed to do since well I got my keep figured others who wanted something they wanted would design it and work to win... Happy for the winners to be sure.

Indeed so be it... The design that was Robins... was nice but well it wasn't something you could custom... was "finished" the way Robin wanted it finished. Personally, I did that the first round with both my Keep and Castle design... neither of which won... second time around I designed a Keep that COULD be personalized... which I have done. (sort of still working on it)... and won... Did I ask for votes you bet... Did I pay for votes... not a chance... was happy to win though...

It's obvious that the design was what some folk liked. Maybe you don't get that I don't go visiting every Castle or Keep on Every Single Account I have... and I'm sure others don't either... I myself have over a dozen accounts... Perhaps that counts into that disparity of numbers for you... Did you think about that? If I liked a design I probably would have voted for it with ALL of my accounts... not just the one that went to see it... think on that a min before you all go flying off the handle getting all bent.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was waiting for this to happen. Now all people are going to do is pick a design that has already won, change a few things and submit it. Enough with the stupid contests that are just going to get worse and worse.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have the Robin design myself, I like it very much, it was a very close choice between that one and the Newcastle Arms, which I also really liked. I did think when I looked on test that there were some very similar designs to previous winners, but either the judges didn't notice or they didn't care, so I guess it's okay then. *shrugs*

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I stayed out of the whole thing this time... I didn't build anything (I won my Keep design in the first Keep round)... I didn't look at any and I didn't vote on any... I certainly could have but I figured it wasn't something I needed to do since well I got my keep figured others who wanted something they wanted would design it and work to win... Happy for the winners to be sure.

Indeed so be it... The design that was Robins... was nice but well it wasn't something you could custom... was "finished" the way Robin wanted it finished. Personally, I did that the first round with both my Keep and Castle design... neither of which won... second time around I designed a Keep that COULD be personalized... which I have done. (sort of still working on it)... and won... Did I ask for votes you bet... Did I pay for votes... not a chance... was happy to win though...

It's obvious that the design was what some folk liked. Maybe you don't get that I don't go visiting every Castle or Keep on Every Single Account I have... and I'm sure others don't either... I myself have over a dozen accounts... Perhaps that counts into that disparity of numbers for you... Did you think about that? If I liked a design I probably would have voted for it with ALL of my accounts... not just the one that went to see it... think on that a min before you all go flying off the handle getting all bent.

LOL.... far out getting all bent? Making a comment is not 'getting all bent' as you put it. Although I remember yourself really sounding off and criticising every single persons build when you didn't get anything up in the first round. Let's not forget you coming on here in the second round extolling the greatness of number #9 which you failed to point out was your design. Of course I do not expect people to visit each entry on multiple accounts, I only visit them on ONE of mine. Hardly expect people like you do so on over a dozen accounts. What a silly thing to say.

My point was that the 'winning' keep was a total rehash with a few minor tweaks of one already there. When i visited it the first thing I thought was sheesh deja vu this is robin's nest v2 and figured the same person must of done it. I commented on that guys post above as they seemed to of had the same impression hence why I asked the question if they could confirm.

If people want to keep having a reshash of the same design so be it.

I have 3 accounts and my alliance has another 2 people in it who I ask for a vote 'IF THEY WANT' even then I have no idea if they do or not, I do not plumb for votes I will post that I have a build in and what number it is and that is the end of it. I think only one of them may of voted this last time, so the votes I got were basically from strangers.

I NEVER expect to get anything up on public vote as I just don't have the numbers and come from the smallest shard in the game. Even siege is crowded compared to Oceania. That is what is wrong with the whole way this thing is set up. It has nothing to do with design but how many accounts someone has and how big a guild or how many friends or shard following they have backing them.

I have watched the voting each time and the last two rounds the 'visits' places have actually got as confirmed by the house sign, clearly show that people are NOT actually visiting the houses. In this last round there were 389 accounts that voted in the second round, of those ONLY 55 actually visited my house so 334 didn't. Even assuming some of them had been for a look in round one there were still only a total of 131 visits for the whole competition, so either ppl aren't looking or there are a HUGE amount of multi accounts voting for their own or their buddies design, to think otherwise is just plain silly.

I prefer 2 of the devs picks this time to ANY that got the public vote. At least they were different and not rehash's.

It is just disappointing to see copies of places getting up which offer very little difference to those already selected. I built 'robins nest' as it was the closest to anything i could stand to live in on my siege keep, but as yet haven't bothered to deco it as it just doesn't suit my needs, and I seriously dislike the position of teleports and stairs and the wasted space it gives by reducing the 2nd floor foot print. However the second version of it offers not much more. So now there are two versions of the same thing.

I guess i will just keep plodding away until such time as I or someone else puts a design up that is not dark grey, does not have wasted space and has the ability to full customise the inside with walls that can tie in and match the external walls. Due to my game play and the 'uses' I have for buildings I never want a build with internal walls so will never build any that do not have the ability to customise fully. That is why anything I build will be similar to that one that I pictured.

I also NEVER expect to get in on a public vote, I doubt I ever will. I think I have been lucky to come 6th the last two rounds on the public vote given I only know where 5 votes come from. At least I know the vast majority of the votes I get are from people who actually like the designs, who I don't know and who vote based on what they like. I guess next time I won't even do it in my name, as I had one guy say they wouldn't vote as I already had a castle up. Seems it wasn't about design but who you were lol. Given my criticism of the devs recently on a lot of their proposed changes to the game I doubt I will ever get in on a dev pick again either.

Such is Life.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I saw a lot of people doing that, I confess I did it on quite a lot too, if I can't live with the outside I don't care what the inside is like!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I recall in to view keep/castle, if I do not like the outside I just recall without even going inside. For the record, I didn't enter many.
I am sure some people do just that, but out of 389 voters or more people who entered the first round, didn't make the top 20 so didn't bother even voting in the second round at all, for the whole competition only 131 entered the house and that does NOT include return visitors whom I know of at least 8.

I could understand if the place was seriously ugly, I go to some and think I am not gonna like this lol, but I still step inside to at least the first floor to have my suspicions confirmed. Some don't, like you say, however I doubt more than 2/3rs don't even step in, I doubt they even go look at all as they just log in to vote for friends or are multi accounts. I have watched ppl coming to view and out of a dozen or so I have seen come all stepped in and ran through the building before leaving. I don't recall seeing anyone at mine who arrived and recalled without going in, not to say there weren't just not that I saw.

Anyways it is just comments/discussion. Like I said I doubt I will EVER get in on a public vote. It is just the way it is.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had assumed it was Robins keep since it's identical to what they have made in the 1st 3 rounds. Sorry if I falsely accused them.

Congrats to all winners but lets be honest, it is time to let us design our own keeps and castles.
Tge whole contest idea was nice in order to put the community together to create something different, but you will never please everybody bc eveeybody have their own opinion and taste. They already putting a new option to foece load a house or not as you login, so why not us design our own houses for now on??? This is not a situatiin thar you have 1000 of open spaces to place Keepa and Castles anyway, specially on Atlantic, so will make no difference on the "lag" anyway.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess I like the "Castle Colors" because THAT is what we have to work with... anything else would look stupid if you added walls and arches to it that were of the castle material... it would look strange and out of place... If we could craft any style wall or arch then I'd be all for ranging out in the design... but when we are stuck with what we've got then I'd stick to "castle colors" and the sandstone... since there is still some rubble walls out there one could use if you had to... but putting "castle walls" in sandstone would also look strange and out of place and would stick out like a sore thumb...

I liked Robins design though I didn't like that Robin put doors and arches in where Robin wanted them... I would have preferred if Robin left them for others to finish as they saw fit... but that's me... and I still feel that way about most designs.

I also LOATHE any design with single wide stairs... I will not vote for designs that do NOT have stairs and only have teleporters... as to me that is just a NO... but do I care if they win or not? NO... And I loathe most designs full of what I feel is "wasted space" ... space is taken up by water, tiny rooms, BIG blocks of stairs... and other things that are impossible to deco around without some royal pain the rear goza mat and ladder work... Not really my cup of tea...

If I want a pond or water feature I'll build it myself in a location of my own choosing... Kinda like how I feel about doors and arches... I'd much rather decide what is there than have someone else do it.

Many of the designs have an utterly horrible flow to them and getting from one level to the next is a complete nightmare and in so many designs you can't even figure out how the hell to get from one floor to the next... There were so many in the last Castle round that I couldn't get to the next level at all... or they had rooms that were totally inaccessible...

Which IMO should disqualify them immediately... I always felt that before voting even BEGINS the DEVs should remove all houses that don't follow the rules and have area's like that and take them off the stone... That way when the voting actually starts people wouldn't be wasting votes on houses that the DEVs would never allow to win...

But that's my opinion and again I didn't look at a single keep this round nor did I vote on any. Figured that it wasn't my business and anyone entering had their own reasons to do so and since I did win my keep last time I really should let someone else win.

What blows me away is that often people who don't even have a vested interest in the outcome as in they don't actually own a keep or castle... still design and vote and even win... As in the case of Dot Warners design in the first round of mixed picks... Dot doesn't own a castle... yet Dots design won... but it is what it is which as with many things in UO is mostly a popularity contest... won by those who "know" people... though I can say Dots castle won on its own merit... And while Dot has as many votes as I do ... I'm pretty sure most of the votes were from people we don't even know. I happen to own 1 keep and 2 castles... so I do have a vested interest in the outcome of the designs...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We yell in chat all the numbers that are LS players designs. Tell players to go look and choose one or whatever they like best.

Announcing in chat regularly will get the lazy or busy votes. The new content has kept many busy.

I offer to sell my votes at every one of these. Never had an offer. That's why I make fun of those who think people are buying votes. I'm cheap for next round. Pm me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No things to click. Thats a post from this Contest. You are saying the current winners bought votes for their copy of a previous winner?

mHmm :tinhat:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I´m not saying anything. Just showing a possibility that vote buying could indeed be happening.
Was the randomly named char(s) telling the truth? Dunno. That´s for each person to decide for themselves.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This conversation has been so interesting. I can assure you that Robin and the llama did not enter this round. I don't know who copied Robin's design but they changed it in a way that Robin would never do. She hates overhangs. If you go on the East side you will see that there is an overhang covering the second floor walkway. As far as the doors and walls in the castle, Robin never really liked the inside of the keep because it was wide open so the llama was so awesomely sweet to put rooms into the Castle for Robin. The llama is just the best at room placement. I would love to see LS come together and build together. One person building and everyone contributing and making something that most people would love. You will never make everyone happy but think how neat if we could make most happy on LS. :) Have a great day!!

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Mez nawt shur wut eberywunz unhabby wit. Der iz uh few hummiez dat run mundiple akkountz.. N by dat mez dun mean 5 ta 10. More on da 40 ta 50 ranj. Ip dey wanna do uh contezt dey pay der muney n can win wuteber dey wanna win.
Az much az mez enjoyd dekoradin uh keep mez nawt willin ta pay fur dat many akkountz ta be in da runninz. Az fur votin fur keepz n caztlez witout lewkin ad all ub demz. Well wez juzt git stuk wit desinez dat mozt hummiez ain habby wit.
Mez herd dey wun do cuztumizable keepz n caztlez cuz ub da lag id wood cauze. Wood id really cuaze dat much more den all da wurtlezz crap eberywun hordez?
Anyhoo gratz ta all da winnerz!! Herez ta hopin derz uh keep er uh caztle in da necktz wun eberywun will tink iz da gratezt ting sinze peanud budder n jelly!!!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mez nawt shur wut eberywunz unhabby wit. Der iz uh few hummiez dat run mundiple akkountz.. N by dat mez dun mean 5 ta 10. More on da 40 ta 50 ranj. Ip dey wanna do uh contezt dey pay der muney n can win wuteber dey wanna win.
Az much az mez enjoyd dekoradin uh keep mez nawt willin ta pay fur dat many akkountz ta be in da runninz. Az fur votin fur keepz n caztlez witout lewkin ad all ub demz. Well wez juzt git stuk wit desinez dat mozt hummiez ain habby wit.
Mez herd dey wun do cuztumizable keepz n caztlez cuz ub da lag id wood cauze. Wood id really cuaze dat much more den all da wurtlezz crap eberywun hordez?
Anyhoo gratz ta all da winnerz!! Herez ta hopin derz uh keep er uh caztle in da necktz wun eberywun will tink iz da gratezt ting sinze peanud budder n jelly!!!
You sir (?) Have exceeded the maximum amount of Zs allowed in a post. Please refrain from future such posts. ;)