• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Christmas Gifts

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Customer Service
2012 Dec 01 15:16 GMT
There is currently an issue with Christmas gifts. We will be disabling them temporarily while we work on a solution.

Thank you for your patience. Please keep an eye here for further updates.
en

Continue reading...

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In my honest humble opinion there was no issue with these gifts. If people want points over plants, let them have points. Its Christmas after all, whats the harm in giving players something they want. Its better than creating Christmas chaos.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In my honest humble opinion there was no issue with these gifts. If people want points over plants, let them have points. Its Christmas after all, whats the harm in giving players something they want. Its better than creating Christmas chaos.

Well besides the fact alot of people not getting gifts when others were

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Its my understanding that only started to occur after the servers crashed, but I could be wrong.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
My guess is, since we are all missing the CARDS, something went wrong and thats why they turned it off - or did anyone of you got a card? Instead we got the MORE LOVELY named Ponsietta plants - but maybe they didnt want them to be able to be turned in for points....

Holiday Gifts

• Players will receive a gift bag on login during the month of December. This only applies to paying subscriber accounts and characters that are 30 days old or older.
  • The bag contains:
    • 3 Snow Tiles usable for house decoration
    • 3 Grass Tiles usable for house decoration
    • A Metallic Cloth Dye Tub
    • A random small decorative holiday tree: either a “winter tree”, a “festive tree”
      • And rarely, an “infested tree”. What is it infested with???
    • A card from a member of the development team

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
uh-oh... that's right... I didn't see a card in any of the pouches!

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe that is what the poinsettia plants which are far nicer than the cards..if we have to choose.
Either way the gifts are awesome!!!!!!:love:
Can not wait to trade, but will till tomorrow.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The poinsettia were from devs though. they were not mentioned so maybe they are the cards

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
True, the poinsettias are wonderful! The little trees, too. I even used the tiles. I'm as pleased as can be with this year's gifts. :)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just heard some upsetting news/rumor whatever about the tiles. If I see one odd tile at the next rares fest for a bazillion gold...

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I agree... the poinsettia points should remain for turn in if that's what people want to do with the items. I hope that was not the problem they are resolving.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wanted the poinsettia and personally my thoughts are what a nice gift to give us points for xmas. Didn't see anything wrong with that. Maybe I'm alone on it but that's my opinion.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't want cards, but I do want to keep the poinsettias. I say leave everything exactly as it is.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I was super surprised with the plant - its lovely - txs alot!
Now fix the problems so i can get all the other chars gifts please Dev's ;)

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poinsettia's are way overpowered...Bring on the nerfstick....beat them into holiday cards!!!!!!!

Itoo vote for keeping the flowers....printing all those cards is going to kill a lot of trees.

GO GREEN AND KEEP THE FLOWERS!!!!!

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope! I want card's!!!
I allready dropped all my poinsettia's into the trash for points for that dambed fishing suit (why its so expensive i dont know)
So i want card's now........preferably one's that are worth 6500 point's aswell :gee:

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss the individualization of cards from the past - From a team member to the character who received the gift.
So this time its all a common bag - especially if 50% of the poinsettas are from Kyronix.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why no pretty boxes? My favorite year was when we got the boxes with the chance of a rare puzzle box or even an angel box. I do love the poinsettias and see no problem with people turning them in. I just miss the boxes of any kind. Was fun to see what you would get. Now it is just a green pouch every time. People need Christmas boxes. I need Christmas boxes. I was sad there were no curved edge grasses and snows.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh gracious please do not take away the poinsettias. They are just lovely.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why no pretty boxes? My favorite year was when we got the boxes with the chance of a rare puzzle box or even an angel box. I do love the poinsettias and see no problem with people turning them in. I just miss the boxes of any kind. Was fun to see what you would get. Now it is just a green pouch every time. People need Christmas boxes. I need Christmas boxes. I was sad there were no curved edge grasses and snows.
I forgot about the gift boxes. I like them as well.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye well, no prezzies on any of my 3 accounts on any shard. Some people already talking about their chars getting presents, and now hoping they get another lot, others already trashed their stuff for points and now wanting a re-run on more gifts. I hope the powers that be can actually tell which chars have already received their gifts and shifted them to bank boxes etc and ensure they aren't given another lot.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye well, no prezzies on any of my 3 accounts on any shard. Some people already talking about their chars getting presents, and now hoping they get another lot, others already trashed their stuff for points and now wanting a re-run on more gifts. I hope the powers that be can actually tell which chars have already received their gifts and shifted them to bank boxes etc and ensure they aren't given another lot.
I could only get some on nappa valley, lake austin and sonoma

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wonder what they are trying to fix? I assume that the pointsetter was not suppose to recieve the name of various em's etc.. Kinda funny actually that this was not fully tested before implemented, but
being on a limited budget, I'm just happy that we have xmas gifts at all. Thank you messina and all the crew that's been working hard to keep the game that we enjoy moving forward. :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long time to wait to see if they take away our plants LOL
I think its more likley that the players that recieved plants already, will recieve a second set of xmas gifts rather then a revert or delete. The amount of gifts that were acquired were of little
consequence compared to the amount of programming needed to delete them. Withouit a revert which would create alot of anomosity to the general player base.

Last edited:

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa should of gone down and back up [usually at 5am gmt] but still no gifts :(

Thunderz

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Customer Service
2012 Dec 01 15:16 GMT
There is currently an issue with Christmas gifts. We will be disabling them temporarily while we work on a solution.

Thank you for your patience. Please keep an eye here for further updates.
en

Continue reading...
Earlier today I was working between two accounts doing things not related to the Xmas gifts, when I noticed that some of my characters were not getting gifts but others were.

So I tried logging in characters on my third account. None of them received gifts. I logged them out, and back in. On the second log-in they all got an Xmas gift.

It seems I had to log-in each character twice to get a gift. Maybe that is what needed fixing?

Last edited: