• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Character Transfer Issues

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
General
2013 Sep 12 21:47 GMT
Hello everyone,

As some of you have discovered we are having some issues with Character Transers. For the time being we have disabled the Character Transfer Warehouse. We are working on fixing this issue and as soon as its resolved it will be turned back on. We should have it back up by tomorrow.

UO Team

Continue reading...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
anyone know how long this usually lasts? Wanted to copy some things over and try some stuff out but can't. Just need a rough eta if possible.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you very much. Guess that shows where I turn to for my news huh? ;)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just tried, still down. It went down the same evening I was to bring a character back home.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was wondering if we could just get an update since from what I read on uo.com it sounded like it was going to be up yesterday (the 13th) and it is still down. Is it going to be down all weekend or do we have some people hard at work getting it back up?

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With it being the weekend, I doubt there's going to be anyone around that can give us an update.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i
anyone know how long this usually lasts? Wanted to copy some things over and try some stuff out but can't. Just need a rough eta if possible.
I had a character freeze up in a transfer on sept 12 he ended his move but was stuck in the destination city couldnt do anything and had in parenthesis squelched after his name, took a couple of hours for a GM to show up was nice but he couldnt fix it said it had to go to next level up to fix that took a day just to get me free. so if it took a day to get my little char back working it could take them quite a bit more to fix this.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Someone thought they would be smart and remove my thread for i'm sure the dumbest reason but I would like to know what the deal is on this character transfer warehouse. It has been what 3 days now since it went down and I would sure like to use my transfer token that I paid for. Please give us some kind of update either on uo.com or on here because the only thing on uo.com is that it was supposed to come back online on the 13th... It's the 15th.... Where is our update?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for the love of god?

Are MMORPG character transfers now so blessed and unbelievably important that we need to invoke the all mighty god?

Wow...

And to think that all this time I thought that only things like the commandments and such were that important

*shakes head*

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
for the love of god?

Are MMORPG character transfers now so blessed and unbelievably important that we need to invoke the all mighty god?

Wow...

And to think that all this time I thought that only things like the commandments and such were that important

*shakes head*
For those that don't already know, this fan boy who goes by the name of "Goldberg-Chessy" seems to have a crush on me. Looks like in every thread I create he has something catchy to say. In this thread it seems as though he is siding with the fact that it's O.K to turn the transfer warehouse off, post an update saying it will be on sometime the next day and never give the player base another update. In any right mind (excluding goldberg ofcourse) that there is unacceptable. We pay monthly for this game the least we can get is an update if you can't even get things functioning correctly by the date you previously gave us.

OR

for future reference maybe it would be wise to NOT give us a date that it will be up and running by to avoid issues like this?

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me?

Did you just clearly state that anyone on these forums longer then you does not have a life?
Or is it just anyone that doesn't agree with you that doesn't have a life?

Can you elaborate on that for me please?

Or is this a bad time for you to talk about anything as you obviously are losing your tiny mind over a character transfer?

How did your last transfer post go again btw? Mods deleted it? Go figure...

Deep breaths my friend. Think happy thoughts.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given that it is still the weekend, I wouldn't expect any updates until Monday.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Excuse me?

Did you just clearly state that anyone on these forums longer then you does not have a life?
Or is it just anyone that doesn't agree with you that doesn't have a life?

Can you elaborate on that for me please?

Or is this a bad time for you to talk about anything as you obviously are losing your tiny mind over a character transfer?

How did your last transfer post go again btw? Mods deleted it? Go figure...

Deep breaths my friend. Think happy thoughts.
Excuse me? Yes I did just call you out.

The fact that you seem to think I need a life because I post on these forums when perhaps you need to do the same. After all you are the "Babbling Loonie" which seems to say a lot for someone with a large post count as well as a join date as far back is yours. It sounds to me like you are implying that anyone concerned about posting on these forums must mean they need to "Get A Life".

Is this a bad time for me? No I am out living the life, as apose to well "Goldberg-Chessy" here sitting on the forums apparently watching it pass by.

Deep breaths? You should take your own advice and step away from the computer, you are making me sad just thinking about how lonely you must be right now :(.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Given that it is still the weekend, I wouldn't expect any updates until Monday.
Hopefully you're right. Although it still wouldn't be a bad surprise if we had it fixed before the end of the weekend... That is if the employees are even aloud OT.

Last edited:

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Absolutely nothing about any GAME, other than actually ability to connect to the servers and play it, is so important that its developers need to work a 7 day week.
Do you work 7 days per week?
I work 24/7. Is that unheard of for you?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so we get to play on weekends for free? I thought i paid for the whole month

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's nothing stopping you from playing, all the servers are up.
The only thing that isn't working is a non-essential game system.