• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Celebrate Summer with Pixie Lanterns!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/12/2022 The summer winds have brought pleasant temperatures and outdoor celebrations to Britannia! As a special gift to mark the season we invite all veteran accounts to claim a set of pixie lanterns to add that special summer ambiance! Visit the Britain Commons and double click the pixie jars to claim yours today! The dispensers are being built manually and we appreciate your patience as we place the dispenser on each shard.

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'll put the list of what I have here (Sorry not alphabetized, my eyes are going kooky right now lol)

Shrines:
(If they put all of them in, I am missing 3)
Compassion (I don't have)
Honesty (I don't have)
Honor (I don't have)
Humility
Justice
Sacrifice
Spirituality
Valor
Chaos

Cities:
Empath Abbey (Not technically a city but where else do you put it? LOL)
Heartwood
Yew
Jhelom
Vesper
Minoc
Nujel'm
Britain
Lycaeum
Mistas
Ocllo
Skara Brae
Wind
Delucia
The Royal City
Luna
New Haven
(THESE ONES I DO NOT HAVE BUT KNOW AT LEAST 3 EXIST)
Trinsic
Moonglow
Serpent's Hold
Papua
Eodon
Cove
New Magincia
Montor
Twin Oaks Tavern
(THESE I HAVE)
Bet-Lem Reg
Terort Skitas
Reg Valom
Pass of Karnaugh

DUNGEONS:
Hythloth
Blighted Grove
Citadel
Destard
Khaldun
Wrong
Deceit
Exodus
Palace of Paroxysmus
Wisp Dungeon
Doom
Prism of Light
Shame

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
UGH Another one I don't have :/

Forgot about that one.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wonder why we are getting random gifts? Maybe I've been reading @Anon McDougle posts too much lately but this has the feel of a distraction/apology.

We've had little to no communication from the Dev team for months (including no newsletter), what many would consider a failed Treasures event, nothing on the horizon to look forward to (except maybe NL), a good amount of people have said the 25th gifts are lackluster, and as of right now the poll that I put up on the official forums (19 votes) shows more people have decided to play UO less in the past week. Maybe it's just me but this has a very "throw the peasants a crumb so they don't revolt" feel while also creating like 30 different options so those that collect stuff have something to do for another month trying to get them all.

Don't get me wrong, these pixie lanterns look pretty cool; in fact I'd argue they are better designed than most of the 25th anniv stuff from an originality / artwork perspective, but something feels backwards here. Remember, this is the same team that also decided to forego Xmas gifts a year ago and now we are getting gifts that need to be manually setup on each shard (Christmas in July??).

I'm glad that it seems to be popular with most and I hope that gives people something to do for the next month or so but aside from the 2 I have on ATL, I will not be actively collecting these and would gladly trade them in to know the Devs road map for the rest of year.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You also forgot Zento - On Origin I have Jhelom, Zento, Cove and Honesty.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The biggest kick I get out of these is seeing how quickly these lists are put together. There's a little bit of envy on my part, I can't imagine what it's like to be able to play UO all day and night and to almost complete a collection the very day it's released.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The biggest kick I get out of these is seeing how quickly these lists are put together. There's a little bit of envy on my part, I can't imagine what it's like to be able to play UO all day and night and to almost complete a collection the very day it's released.
It took me about an hour and a half to collect all gifts on 3 accounts. I don't play *all day* (I would if I could!) I got 42 unique names across 24 shards and 3 accounts. 72 total (IF my math is correct lol)

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend patched but on one of his accounts he can't see them in his pack. I had to log into his account on different shards to remove them from his pack. Did this happen to anyone else?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have your friend reboot the PC. Should help with it, otherwise, a fresh install may be needed.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, sometimes if you go to the bank and open the bank box, it works...don't ask me why!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wonder why we are getting random gifts? Maybe I've been reading @Anon McDougle posts too much lately but this has the feel of a distraction/apology.

We've had little to no communication from the Dev team for months (including no newsletter), what many would consider a failed Treasures event, nothing on the horizon to look forward to (except maybe NL), a good amount of people have said the 25th gifts are lackluster, and as of right now the poll that I put up on the official forums (19 votes) shows more people have decided to play UO less in the past week. Maybe it's just me but this has a very "throw the peasants a crumb so they don't revolt" feel while also creating like 30 different options so those that collect stuff have something to do for another month trying to get them all.
Well, NL is the problem here. BS has a less than barebones Dev team that could not keep up with the game even prior to NL. Now the same people have a whole new separate major project on top of the things they already could not keep up with. The result is kind of predictable. The UO proper is likely to get minimal "the crumb" updates until they give up on NL.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesnt seem random to me

Summer Gifts:
2022 : Pixie Lanterns
2020 : Wizard on a shelf
2019 : Bonfire
2018 : Enchanted Picnic Basket

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Doesnt seem random to me

Summer Gifts:
2022 : Pixie Lanterns
2020 : Wizard on a shelf
2019 : Bonfire
2018 : Enchanted Picnic Basket
You might be right; maybe the lack of a 2021 summer gift clouded my memory of previous years. :thumbup1:

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But the que
It took me about an hour and a half to collect all gifts on 3 accounts. I don't play *all day* (I would if I could!) I got 42 unique names across 24 shards and 3 accounts. 72 total (IF my math is correct lol)
the question begs to be asked.. why only 24 shards? aren't there 25? (not counting siege, mugen and TC1)
(I'm finally making a char on the shards where I never made one, just to get all the anniversary books)
There comes the second question.... best ways to get those things to one's shard without having 25 transfer shields?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I didn't count Origin :/

I do shard trading for holiday gifts. So far I have GL, ATL, Ches, Cats, Siege, Baja and Sonoma traded.

Post in Holiday trading.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But the que

the question begs to be asked.. why only 24 shards? aren't there 25? (not counting siege, mugen and TC1)
(I'm finally making a char on the shards where I never made one, just to get all the anniversary books)
There comes the second question.... best ways to get those things to one's shard without having 25 transfer shields?
Yell out in chat for trading that shards for yours. Works sometimes and easy. Or sell for spending money on a shard you don't need.

Bulldog

Visitor
This is my list I have 59, big thanks to khan and trinity

1 Blighted Grove,2 Bret- Rem Leg,3 Britain,4 Bucs,5 Chaos Shrine,6 Citadel,7 Compassion,8 Cove,9 Covertous,10 Deciet,11 Delucia,12 Destard,13 Doom,14 Empath Abbey,15 Eodon,16 Exodus,17 Heartwood,18 Honesty,19 Honor,20 Humility,21 Hyloth,22 Jhelom,23 Justice,24 Khaldun,25 LakeShire,26 Luna,27 Lyceum,28 Minoc,29 Mistas,30 Montor,31 Moonglow,32 New Haven,33 New Magincia,34 Nox Tereg,35 Nujelm,36 Occlo,37 Papua,38 Paroxysmus,39 Pass of karnaugh,40 Prism,41 Reg Valom,42 Royal City,43 Sacrifice,44 Serpents Hold,45 Shame,46 Skara ,47 Spirituality,48 Terort Skitas,49 Trinsic,50 Twin Oaks Tavern,51 Twisted Weald,52 Umbra,53 Valor,54 Vesper,55 Wind,56 Wisp,57 Wrong,58 Yew,59 Zento

crud I counted 61
bet lem reg
blighted grove
britain
bucs den
citadel
compassion shrine
cove
covetous
deceit
delucia
Destard
doom
empathy abbey
eodon
Exodus
heartwood
honesty shrine
humility shrine
hyloth dungeon
jhelom
justice shrine
khaldun
lakeshire
minoc
mistas
montor
Moonglow
New Haven
new magincia
nox tereg
nujelm
ocllo
palace of paroxyomous
papua
Pass of Karnaugh
prism of light
reg volom
royal city
sacrifice shrine
Shame
skara brae
spirituality shrine
terot skitas
trinsic
twin oaks tavern
twisted weald
umbra
valor shrine
vesper
wind
wisp dungeon
wrong
zento

What am I missing?????

6 accounts. no doubles. not counting Mugen, or Siege

Don't have
honor shrine
chaos shrine

towns
yew
luna
holy city
lycaeum
serpents hold

Last edited:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone get a Holy City pixie lantern, if so i have to add to my list of missing lanterns

Vesper
Minoc
Cove
Exodus
Holy City?

Thanks

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone get a Holy City pixie lantern, if so i have to add to my list of missing lanterns

Vesper
Minoc
Cove
Exodus
Holy City?

Thanks
I have your Minoc and Vesper on Drachs & Europa. We'll grab them when we do the 25th anni gift cross-shard round robin :)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Vesper
Minoc
Cove
Exodus
Holy City?

Thanks
I checked all of mine and don't have a Holy City.
I don't know if it exists and don't remember seeing it when I was trading them.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
I'll put the list of what I have here (Sorry not alphabetized, my eyes are going kooky right now lol)

Shrines:
(If they put all of them in, I am missing 3)
Compassion (I don't have)
Honesty (I don't have)
Honor (I don't have)
Humility
Justice
Sacrifice
Spirituality
Valor
Chaos

Cities:
Empath Abbey (Not technically a city but where else do you put it? LOL)
Heartwood
Yew
Jhelom
Vesper
Minoc
Nujel'm
Britain
Lycaeum
Mistas
Ocllo
Skara Brae
Wind
Delucia
The Royal City
Luna
New Haven
(THESE ONES I DO NOT HAVE BUT KNOW AT LEAST 3 EXIST)
Trinsic
Moonglow
Serpent's Hold
Papua
Eodon
Cove
New Magincia
Montor
Twin Oaks Tavern
(THESE I HAVE)
Bet-Lem Reg
Terort Skitas
Reg Valom
Pass of Karnaugh

DUNGEONS:
Hythloth
Blighted Grove
Citadel
Destard
Khaldun
Wrong
Deceit
Exodus
Palace of Paroxysmus
Wisp Dungeon
Doom
Prism of Light
Shame
Nox Tereg also

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
nothing yet for this summer in the fun??
Summer hasn't officially started yet but I'd guess when it does we will get "Summer Solstice". It's hard to say what exactly when that will start and what that will entail though since all we really know is that it's some sort of festival on fire island (this was in the last newsletter).

I'm really hoping it's something to do (for at least a few weeks) rather than just some clicky they put up on fire island that gives you watermelon. I really don't want to go almost the entire year with no reason to play UO (lack of new rewards or new armor shade gave me nothing to work for) because I'm guessing the next event after summer will likely be Halloween.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
nothing yet for this summer in the fun??
EM RAWIYA asked for flowers for in July, for the summer.
(must have a current date on them from planting in New Magincia)

so I thought maybe that meant Summer Solstice is starting then
whatever that might entail
(this is only my thoughts, nothing official)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Summer hasn't officially started yet but I'd guess when it does we will get "Summer Solstice". It's hard to say what exactly when that will start and what that will entail though since all we really know is that it's some sort of festival on fire island (this was in the last newsletter).

I'm really hoping it's something to do (for at least a few weeks) rather than just some clicky they put up on fire island that gives you watermelon. I really don't want to go almost the entire year with no reason to play UO (lack of new rewards or new armor shade gave me nothing to work for) because I'm guessing the next event after summer will likely be Halloween.
but I WANT the watermelon! That graphic is totally cool!

But I'm sure she has more planned....