• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Answers and Changes

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said I've Never blocked their address and its the same one I've used for over 10 years. MalagAste is right, it's an issue on their end not my emails end. Because of that I never rely on the email system anymore.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's very strange to me. If your e-mail accounts are through your ISPs, I wonder if they're automatically spam-blocking before any messages get to your own filters. But have either of you manually added the EA address to your contacts list, or whitelisted anything from ea.com?

For my six accounts, plus four more that I opened temporarily and closed, I can't recall ever missing an e-mail. When I close them and then the subscriptions run out, I get alerts. Last year when EA screwed up trying to charge my credit card, I first noticed because I couldn't login, but I later saw I received e-mails. I guess I've been lucky. When I wasn't playing for nearly four years, I let my subscriptions continue with automatic billing. At one point I didn't login for six weeks. House decay was 30 days then, so I could have lost most of my things if there had been a billing problem but no e-mail.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We all know that account management is FUBAR'd so it shouldnt come as a surprise that what should be happening, isnt in all cases.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'd like to say that @Mesanna, @Bleak and @Kyronix if you are watching this thread... one VERY nice thing would be to add a text messaging capability to the Account Management... that way even if you are at work or whatever you'd know.... Ooo! My subscription is down! It would be nice if you could also get a "text" alert if your house goes into Decay or some sort of message other than just on the house. I have at least 9 active accounts and I can honestly say that I don't go to every house I have every day or even every week. I might go there once in a while. I have 1 or 2 "main" houses I go to all the time... the others might sit there 2 or 3 months before I visit them depending on what I keep there or if my RP takes me there.
Adding a text alert option is an EXCELLENT idea.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only me see double post on uo.com? Are they still testing fix to delete duplicate on site? :facepalm:

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well players, stay on top of your accts and nothing bad will happen. As for idocs, there's way to much pixelization in UO, who really needs to sit and wait for more junk to collect. I've done some, and after some hours asked myself, why am I doing this??
How pathetic do I look to my family........No dev bashing from me. It takes alot to listen to all the quitters and crybabies.......kleen-ex anyone?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stubborn team or producer clinging on changes considered bad by many of your most active players - this is all I can say.
So I will get stubborn too and reduce the money thrown at EA/Broadsword each year seriously as already promised a few weeks back.
*Salute*
Olahorand

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
And honestly, they should probably wait until we have more players. If that ever happens. Accounts that are paid four times a year are less profitable than ones that are paid every month... but preferable to accounts that are never paid again. Between people losing houses and subsequently closing or consolidating accounts over the initially unannounced IDOC changes and IDOCers throwing in the towel after watching 'miscommunicated' house decay timers for hours and hours and hours, I wonder how many accounts have been cancelled over all this.
Exactly! Two friends have already quit because of these changes. Personally, I've already emptied 2 houses, and am working to empty out 4 more. At least those 6 accounts will remain closed, no more cycling. I already pay for 4 accounts every month; one would think that the devs would have been happy to still be getting some 'bonus' payments from those who had large house collections. With these changes, though, everyone that i know who has more than a few houses is in the process of eliminating some of them. @jrede23, that argument is from ten years ago, when housing was at a premium, and we got Malas as a result. I seriously doubt that the housing market on Sakura, Izumo, Oceania, or Chessie will be changed one whit by my 6 houses on those shards not being present.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE="the 4th man, post: 2523726,]I've done some, and after some hours asked myself, why am I doing this??
How pathetic do I look to my family.[/QUOTE]

I just had the best visual.. of a male (i pictured myself) sitting very close to a computer monitor.. waiting... and his family sitting on the couch staring at him shaking their heads.. with a slight tear in their eyes.

Made me LOL