• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Account Center Update

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Account Center will be receiving an update next Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 that makes some changes to the center’s authentication flow. These changes are being made to improve general account security and user privacy by more directly using EA’s robust account authentication system. In addition to improving the Account Center’s security and users’ privacy, this update also enables us to provide additional future updates and much-requested features to the Account Center such as game account un-linking, account-based character and server lists, and more! Once the update is live, the following changes will take effect: When logging into the Account Center, users will be […]

Continue reading...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is this is just another way to get us all to sign up to EA's new T&C's with the privacy law changes now happening.
"You want to play your game....then just sign here, oh don't worry about that 5 page wall of text you just ignored". :devil:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And the game time on my accounts end precisely on that day. :)
I could renew them now, but eh, I guess I will be seeing you all again in-game in July. By then they probably got this working as intended.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time to get some 6 month gametime codes applied to my accounts

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The Account Center will be receiving an update next Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 that makes some changes to the center’s authentication flow. These changes are being made to improve general account security and user privacy by more directly using EA’s robust account authentication system. In addition to improving the Account Center’s security and users’ privacy, this update also enables us to provide additional future updates and much-requested features to the Account Center such as game account un-linking, account-based character and server lists, and more! Once the update is live, the following changes will take effect: When logging into the Account Center, users will be […]

Continue reading...
Well good, I didn't think account management had enough hurdles...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have trouble believing that going through EA will "improve general account security and user privacy" given how shoddy EA's track record for those is, but I'll wait until I see it in action to judge. Regardless, I hope whatever they do goes smoothly.

However, I still fail to see why linking/unlinking accounts remains an account management priority when the entire system is a total mess. Sure, there are occasional legitimate reasons to need to do it, but not regularly enough to be a driving priority. This seems to benefit third party account sellers the most. The most common complaints I hear are more along the lines of "I want to pay but can't", not "I need to unlink my account". Am I missing something here?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So now a potential hacker can target uo, ea, and a forum to gain access to peoples accounts.... :confused:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure EA has contracted the very best privacy experts from Facebook to ensure that our data is sold to only the most trustworthy ad services, shady political "think tanks" and hostile foreign governments.

EA: a corporation with an unblemished track record in such matters! Oh.. wait.. nevermind...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nobody even knows how this thing is gonna look or turnout and everyone immediately loses their marbles. You people need to seriously calm down and take a break from UO if this kinda stuff makes you this upset.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe they decided to do UO first, use us as guinea pigs....less hassle to Camelot players if it all goes sideways, which it usually does...:p

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Nobody even knows how this thing is gonna look or turnout and everyone immediately loses their marbles. You people need to seriously calm down and take a break from UO if this kinda stuff makes you this upset.
It's more amusing than anything.

If I were a betting man, my money wouldn't be on this system being launched flawlessly.

And sure rarely anything is flawless, but adding flaws to a flawed system is certainly a reason to muse.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What makes it all the more amusing is if you ever contact EA customer service, they have no idea what UO is and VERY LITTLE help.
Try and explain the account system of UO to them and they think you are talking gibberish and trying to prank them.
I got lucky after several calls i finally got a woman that "used to play UO years ago" so she was able to understand what i was trying to get sorted and finally helped.

In the back of my mind i cannot help thinking this is not the "simpler, more understandable, logical account management system" Mesanna promised us years ago.....
:facepalm:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What makes it all the more amusing is if you ever contact EA customer service, they have no idea what UO is and VERY LITTLE help.
Try and explain the account system of UO to them and they think you are talking gibberish and trying to prank them.
I got lucky after several calls i finally got a woman that "used to play UO years ago" so she was able to understand what i was trying to get sorted and finally helped.

In the back of my mind i cannot help thinking this is not the "simpler, more understandable, logical account management system" Mesanna promised us years ago.....
:facepalm:
They can not understand at all why anyone would have more than one account... try explaining that one... Especially to Origin... They then think you are some sort of cheat... they can't fathom the idea of having multiple accounts.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And now we know what the definition for "soon" is.
Soon™*® (EA, OSI, Redwood Shores, Mythic, BioWareMythic, Broadsword)

* Soon is expressed as an integer** denoting a variable time scale between "now" and the dissolution of all matter in the universe.
** Said integer may be equal to zero. As in it's not happening.

Soon™, in this instance, appears to have been about nine years. :rolleyes2:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soon™*® (EA, OSI, Redwood Shores, Mythic, BioWareMythic, Broadsword)

* Soon is expressed as an integer** denoting a variable time scale between "now" and the dissolution of all matter in the universe.
** Said integer may be equal to zero. As in it's not happening.

Soon™, in this instance, appears to have been about nine years. :rolleyes2:

LOL! I needed a good laugh thismorning =)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
anyone having issues when trying to log in? been taking 2 to 4 times before I can get in. most I know having same issue. is this the robust account authentication in action? maybe it will be fix may 29th

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah acts like I am putting in the wrong letter somewhere or something. Drives me crazy, hope this isn't really the new and improved account management

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Asked about this just now on UO.Com..we will see if there is an answer...they're closing threads like crazy over there now LOL

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
anyone having issues when trying to log in? been taking 2 to 4 times before I can get in. most I know having same issue. is this the robust account authentication in action? maybe it will be fix may 29th
Same here, Have to try 3 or 4 times then it lets me in.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just Mervyn and his buddies threads getting closed.

And do you mean the game login? I just figured I was fat finger typing.
Nope. I have the same issue. Last night I started looking at my keyboard just to make sure I was entering my passwords correctly. Which I was. Even then I'd still have failed logins.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing that makes me nervous is the having to type your password in 3 times before it lets you in.
It's like they have been hacked and a keylogger is having you type your password in 3 times so its easier for said hackers to see passwords.....
:tinhat:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing that makes me nervous is the having to type your password in 3 times before it lets you in.
It's like they have been hacked and a keylogger is having you type your password in 3 times so its easier for said hackers to see passwords.....
:tinhat:
Just paste it in from notepad.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It seems the migration has started.
Now to wait and see how long it will take for it to be in a functional state.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No issues logging into Account Management though...just re-directs momentarily to EA log in then takes you right back....smooth and easy just like they said...so at least THAT works....YAY!

And I have had no issues logging into the game....*knocks on wood*

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have any trouble logging into the game but the EA account I have is not the same email/account (which used to be my account management login) to which my UO accounts are linked??! Am I supposed to re-link them to the EA account now?? OR Can I make the existing email/account (i.e. old login) the EA account? I don't even see how I can get to my accounts in account management right now.

*shakes her head* really all these different accounts are giving me a headache! EA account, mythic account, origin account, persona id, master mythic account, secret word...sheesh! :confused:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have any trouble logging into the game but the EA account I have is not the same email/account (which used to be my account management login) to which my UO accounts are linked??! Am I supposed to re-link them to the EA account now?? OR Can I make the existing email/account (i.e. old login) the EA account? I don't even see how I can get to my accounts in account management right now.

*shakes her head* really all these different accounts are giving me a headache! EA account, mythic account, origin account, persona id, master mythic account, secret word...sheesh! :confused:
It is up now. You have to sign in with your EA account. I have all my accounts and passwords in a file. Took me a while. I had to use the EA account email and the password to the Origin store. It would not take my EA account from Pogo.

I have 3 different "names" for each. Hello "name" 5 if you count the forums and Pogo.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

your origin acct and EA account were the same, and now when you log into Origin client or the websites it actually says "log in with your EA account" so they have made it easier (less steps) not harder. I'm in shock.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
your origin acct and EA account were the same, and now when you log into Origin client or the websites it actually says "log in with your EA account" so they have made it easier (less steps) not harder. I'm in shock.
Thats why it took my EA email and origin password.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if its related but one of my accounts worked fine today and the other was locked out. I went in and the one locked out was marked 'closed'. I reactivated it and it shows a subscription from today to 11/25/18 and its price is 'NA" then it shows another starting 11/25/18 for $59.99 (6 months) not sure if its always like this but it was strange that it was closed. We shall see.... Neither one should have been closed.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My BFF had this same issue...he lost one of his main accounts and lost a house a few months back....after that he quit playing but kept 4 accounts active because of the houses we shared.....last week he lost ANOTHER house that shouldn't have been lost...we keep track of all accounts and houses and for some reason another of his accounts went down and we lost a LOT more stuff in another house fall....so I would suggest to be EXTREMELY diligent in keeping an eye on your account status, I check mine every day since this has happened.