• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] 25th Anniversary Faire

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come one Come All to the 25th Anniversary Faire The EM’s and I would like to invite everyone to join us on Origin, Saturday September 24th at 3 pm ET. Come join us for all kinds of games and fun. The following will be some of the games you will find to entertain yourself: Horse Racing Troll Kissing Booth Story Telling Contest Dance Contest Ludo Game Archery competition Teleport Race UO Trivia Game Quack Quack foating duckling game Costume Contest Fortune Tellers Free drink with coupon at the Taven We are all excited to have you join us! See […]

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Now I know why there are weird things at Brit Farms...

WOOHOO ORIGIN! :)

Mesanna is here right now setting things up :)

1663003776347.png

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is a Ludo Game? Only Ludo I know of is the incredibly awesome need to make another album band from St. Louis, Missouri.

Edited to add: Can't believe I forget about the creature Ludo from the movie Labyrinth where they got their name from. lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What is a Ludo Game? Only Ludo I know of is the incredibly awesome need to make another album band from St. Louis, Missouri.
1663004399160.png

Though they could mean this:

1663004465160.png

:D

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never heard of that game. It looks like the game Sorry!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've heard of Parchessi but never played it either. I kinda thought it was a card game. LOL

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
at lest make it weekend long daughter is having a birthday party that sunday so I will be busy getting everything together.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's attended by real people. They can't be logged in all weekend.
make it last the weekend they can take turns we the player base do it for rares fest all the time they have the GMs from India picking up the slack they always seem to want my account name and password and my blood type when and if they show up and last thing they tell me when they leave is do I need duct cleaning as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
at lest make it weekend long daughter is having a birthday party that sunday so I will be busy getting everything together.
Get it together before 3pm. I had a niece that always made her kids birthday parties on Sunday at the time of the Cowboys game. First one I had a radio the next ones I had a portable TV. This was in the 80s. If you want to do something you find a way. Or you can complain, which is the lazy way.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess is that since Fairfax County is one of the more reluctant to acknowledge changes from 2020's COVID heights, they might not be comfortable (or even be able to host) having a live event. I was my shard's sole representative at the 15th and 20th anniversary events, and had hoped to rep again.

BTW, have you all been watching the Josh Gates' Explorer's Club episodes? Because he's the president of the EC, Richard Garriott is a regular on it.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a feeling that this is going to be like a giant EM event and over half of the people there will just be disruptive, complaining, and mainly there to get some "drop" or "rare." As much as I would love to get in on a story telling contest, I doubt I'll be able to stomach it.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a feeling that this is going to be like a giant EM event and over half of the people there will just be disruptive, complaining, and mainly there to get some "drop" or "rare." As much as I would love to get in on a story telling contest, I doubt I'll be able to stomach it.
Be more like Mesanna can I have a cream pie. Can I have this Can we do that, Can we not do that. I can run this game better opps I am dead. Be full of Yes ma people and the ones that want something fixed will be sent to the grey screen of death for talking out of line.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Larisa
Can you please post some more pics of the preparation on Origin?

This is not an EM kill stuff event, it is not a meet and greet at Blackthorns.

It is what it says it is. Similar to an EMs game night, but lots of games.

She already showed you the horse racing venue.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Larisa
Can you please post some more pics of the preparation on Origin?

This is not an EM kill stuff event, it is not a meet and greet at Blackthorns.

It is what it says it is. Similar to an EMs game night, but lots of games.

She already showed you the horse racing venue.
1663034175240.png
1663034204371.png 1663034260360.png
1663034361142.png
1663034389472.png
1663034425237.png
1663034470002.png
1663034504361.png
1663034535800.png
1663034619502.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, Maybe some of the winners get a gift or their name on something. May deliver the gift to their home shard if there is a gift. Ours just get their name on an item that stays at the venue.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people.

Ya you'd have to come up with a good story to compete with Bard Tawksalot to win the Melodrama contest. Leave it for the story tellers. :devil:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's the drop going to be ? Asking for a friend...wait, I don't have any of those....*wonders what the "crafted by Mesanna" item will be, that everyone will oooh and ahhh over... and the fawning and frothing over this event has already started over at the other boards..

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's the drop going to be ? Asking for a friend...wait, I don't have any of those....*wonders what the "crafted by Mesanna" item will be, that everyone will oooh and ahhh over...
You will have to place in one of the contests, so no need for you to fret over what the winners get or don't get.

You can see from the above pics what they may be, and this post gives you some info for one of the contests.

Is it really necessary to pancake over what the EMs and devs want to do to provide fun?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will have to place in one of the contests, so no need for you to fret over what the winners get or don't get.

You can see from the above pics what they may be, and this post gives you some info for one of the contests.

Is it really necessary to pancake over what the EMs and devs want to do to provide fun?
I seriously don't care what the gifts will be, I"m just in awe of how excited grown ups can get over a pretend faire, on a pretend Quality Assurance shard. It's going to be a cringe fest with lots of people lined up so they can screenshot themselves saying hello to "The Dark Lady"....gag....yes I still play the same as you all..yes I still pay for it (down to 1 account though) but holy cow I'm glad I never got that addicted..I'm sitting here typing this out right now, enjoying a glass of wine, and the UO client isn't even running...imagine that.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I briefly watched the Bucs last night, that was enough for me. I probably lost my Man Card a long time ago when it comes to sports.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Stinky Pete !!! You tell great stories! Be there! (please) I think this is all great fun and idk what else they could have done. Maybe someone could make a list? Anyways I am not a leader of the cheers like my friend Pawain. I still think this will be fun.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Stinky Pete !!! You tell great stories! Be there! (please) I think this is all great fun and idk what else they could have done. Maybe someone could make a list? Anyways I am not a leader of the cheers like my friend Pawain. I still think this will be fun.
Sorry to disappoint. I'm sure a lot of people will have fun at this shindig but I likely won't be making an appearance. Perhaps I'll write something though. I haven't in a while.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well if you all haven't guesses yet. The crowd will be @Stinky Pete 's story. See you have to watch very closely with this thief.

I likely won't be making an appearance.
Because he will be in disguise...

Perhaps I'll write something though. I haven't in a while.
Hang on to your valuables and keep your backpack close folks at this faire or you'll be the feature of the story. At least you'll be wearing your very best for the pics.

*Gives @Stinky Pete a knowing glance and raises his glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in salute* Well played my friend, well played indeed.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry to disappoint. I'm sure a lot of people will have fun at this shindig but I likely won't be making an appearance. Perhaps I'll write something though. I haven't in a while.
I"m going to be judging it since we're such good friends, so please, make it a good one. I will only be harsh if it's deserved. :)

Onixia The Paladin

Journeyman
Governor
Those who will be attending please visit the NPH 25th Anniversary Faire Vendor House. You can find us next to the Trivia Tent. There you can purchase souvenir T-Shirts and some Festival Wear as well as get some LRC pieces, spellbooks, runebooks, etc. The bottom floor has a display of the various previous anniversary gifts. There are 2 teleporters that will take you to 2 of our shard castle rare museums to tour. The second floor hold a quiet bar to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the faire grounds. We look forward to seeing you all!

Last edited:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
where is all this going down? saw that it is on origin but not where to go ? gates in luna bank ? I assume it is in trammel :rolleyes2:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL

Visit the best spot in Luna, between me and Vic we got ya covered! ;)

His Atlas runebook has all the faire locations in it...or you can buy one off my vendor ;)

1663957678455.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL

Visit the best spot in Luna, between me and Vic we got ya covered! ;)

His orange runebook has all the faire locations in it...or you can buy one off my vendor ;)

View attachment 135488
The Orange book is The Black Gate quests. The Runic Atlas has charges and venues for the Fair, it is working great!

Thanks Helpful Origin Residents. This would have been a fine time for @Anon McDougle to shine since he plays on Origin. He still has 23hrs to be a positive influence on the UO community.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have also re-stocked my trammel cities runebooks, fully charged!

Shoot me a message or leave a note on the bulletin board..I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW! :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh and @Pawain they moved the Race Track closer to the rest of the Faire, it's now at the first farm field to the North.

Pretty good idea to move that considering it was WAY North of everything else.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh and @Pawain they moved the Race Track closer to the rest of the Faire, it's now at the first farm field to the North.

Pretty good idea to move that considering it was WAY North of everything else.
Thanks, maybe that what EM Rainstormer was also doing, He said he was working the horse race booth.

Maybe I should not have told him I was paying the Stablemaster to juice my horse before the races.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i thought event was great but i wasn't able to do all the games, so many people kept cutting in line. it was like they follow mr to each game lol. took away some of the fun for me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya unless you were very organized, you could not do everything. Not sure you could have done everything because of the lines. I did 4 things. Was lots of fun!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wish coupons could have been given to npcs. Poor ems were overwhemed plus ran out of prizes. So wanted road kill. It was fun so ty team.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wish coupons could have been given to npcs. Poor ems were overwhemed plus ran out of prizes. So wanted road kill. It was fun so ty team.
Ya I kinda wonder if they realized how many would show up for this. I was only able to turn in 1 coupon.