• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] 20th Anniversary Grandfathered Castle Giveaway!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are happy to announce that as part of the 20th Anniversary we will be raffling off a total of 6 grandfathered castles on the shard of your choice!! Three of these castles will be raffled off live and in person at the 20th Anniversary party in September, and for those of you who cannot attend, three will be raffled off via a raffle stone on Test Center 1 that has been placed today at the New Haven Bank! In order to enter the raffle you must double click on the stone and enter a valid e-mail address that is associated […]

Continue reading...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Will we know which uo account actually won the raffle? There are three accounts on my linked email address... mine.. my wife's and my sons.

I mean.. in all honesty it does not matter either way, I get the email and I will tell them both that MY account won it ;) ... just asking to be nosey.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess this is another one of those circumstances where those of us that followed the rules a few years ago and linked multiple accounts to one master account are penalized again. We got shorted on the sovereigns when the store was opened and now we get shorted on chances for this as well.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess this is another one of those circumstances where those of us that followed the rules a few years ago and linked multiple accounts to one master account are penalized again. We got shorted on the sovereigns when the store was opened and now we get shorted on chances for this as well.
Nah... you can take each account to the stone and submit the same email address. No penalty on that thankfully.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
But will each e-mail address only be entered once? ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a main account but each account has different emails associated with them because I combined them later.

I actually put the emails reversed. It says the account is entered with xxxx email account.

Maybe I should give out my email to anyone who does not want a castle but wants to enter my address.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope they are smart enough to figure out how to stream the party live. At least the winners being announced on facebook live would be cool. However, my pessimistic personality refuses to believe the winners havent been chosen already. #ultimatecollusion

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How did you get shorted? I had 3 accounts on my Master account, and got the 500 each for them.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
People should pay attention to the news...
It is 1 enter Per Active Account.
No matter if you have 10-20 accs under 1 email.
They are using the "same" system as the governor election....
You can enter the same email 40-60 times as long as you are using different UO accs to register.
The more active accounts you have...better the chances :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well now I am curious..as brought up by my ~Glass is half empty~ counterpart ;)

The people going to the actual party are going to have a chance as well....but they can also enter on test center....so does that mean that party-goers will have double the chance?? How will they distinguish between entries in game and entries in person?

And how exactly are they going to choose? Random e-mail generator? :)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The people going to the actual party are going to have a chance as well....but they can also enter on test center....so does that mean that party-goers will have double the chance?? How will they distinguish between entries in game and entries in person?

people at party will have double chance it seems. Also make sure you use and email "associated with an active ultima online account" as in dont use an email that doesnt have a mythic account and active uo sub on it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm guessing the party goers will receive a physical raffle ticket, as those can be cheaply bought at most office supply stores.

And yes, partygoers will have an extra 3 chances over non-partygoers. (3 and ONLY 3 extra chances, not "double")

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So who's going to pass around the office pool game so we can purchase the names of the already pre-determined castle winners guesses..I would like to buy Lady Storm, Larisa and ummmmm..oh who's that one guy ??

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So who's going to pass around the office pool game so we can purchase the names of the already pre-determined castle winners guesses..I would like to buy Lady Storm, Larisa and ummmmm..oh who's that one guy ??
WHAA??

Why me?? I am no one special really! Just been around awhile! I honestly don't expect to win...I have one active account right now so that gives me one chance...well...3....but still! No way in Hades.....BUT I have to try right??

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im with Larisa
Who the hell said I win ????
I have just the same as anyone who puts in who stay home. Because I for one cant attend the party..... so who ever claims I win one you got that off big time....
So my odds of winning one of the 3 is soooo off the money its not funny.

I also read it very carefully
3 castles at the party winners will know when you go to the picnic.
3 castles will be from the registry stone compiled entrys... MEANING you have a chance on 1 of 3.

The demons statues at the Clops house's are up and these are not to be grandfathered and the e mail is for contact you enter the account when it asks for the e mail. 1 per account.. not email So the email can be used for all accounts you click the statue.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only see two houses of clops with statues for entry. The two ATL lunas. Yet the cove castle and vesper castle are still owned by @Mesanna and "under investigation"

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Why shouldnt they get a chance for the drawing at the event and the one in the game?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did you get shorted? I had 3 accounts on my Master account, and got the 500 each for them.
If you haven't spent any sovereigns yet, it may look like each of your accounts received 500 sovereigns. However, the information on the official website about the store and in the newsletter last year when they gifted some sovereigns to players makes it pretty clear that the sovereigns are shared by all the individual UO accounts attached to a specific "master account wallet."

So people like me who linked multiple accounts to specific e-mail addresses were "shorted" in comparison to other players who didn't do the same thing or who later had Broadsword reassign their accounts to new e-mail addresses, possibly for purposes of selling the accounts or because they knew this is the way Broadsword planned to run contests and give-aways. I have 9 accounts attached to one e-mail address and 10 attached to another e-mail address. But as far as Broadsword was concerned for the sovereign give away, I only had two accounts. And more than likely, that's all they will treat me as having for the castle giveaway as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The demons statues at the Clops house's are up and these are not to be grandfathered and the e mail is for contact you enter the account when it asks for the e mail. 1 per account.. not email So the email can be used for all accounts you click the statue.
I found the one in the west. Wheres the other?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if all my accounts are now linked to the master account they will all use the master account email correct ? Or the email I used to open each account? Which I don't remember lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill put your email on the 2 Atlantic houses for 100M or 3 120 pet scrolls. PM me.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if all my accounts are now linked to the master account they will all use the master account email correct ? Or the email I used to open each account? Which I don't remember lol
the new account mngment system is coming "soon" until then please accept the completely arbitrary terms the UO staff uses to describe things in their news letters.

They need a PR person so bad its not even funny.

as far as your question though... I would assume they meant the mythic master/EA email not the original email attached to your actual UO account.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK
Let me explain it in simple English
When you click on the Demon it asks you for your e mail.
This can be any email address you use regularly...

No
It don't need to be the accounts e mail... or the master accounts e mail.

All its doing is taking your e mail address so it can notify you if your the selected new owner.
The minute you click the demon it registers your game account. you can use the same e mail for all your accounts to try. So yes you can try with every account you own and use the same e mail.

I asked...

Reactions: THP

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK

No

All its doing is taking your e mail address so it can notify you if your the selected new owner.
The minute you click the demon it registers your game account. you can use the same e mail for all your accounts to try. So yes you can try with every account you own and use the same e mail.

I asked...
What about the one in Haven?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK

No

The minute you click the demon it registers your game account.

I asked...
this is absolutely wrong according to the way they worded the newsletter.

uo account.PNG

The valid email address has to be associated with an active UO subscription.

If you really read into it you could say that game time codes arent subscriptions and those people that arent on subs and on GTC will not be entered as well.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the 3 castles to be given away for our anniversary for those of us who cant go to the party...
Go to TC1 make a char if you don't have one there and in HAVEN at the Dock Entry is a Tall Statue in Glacial. do the same as you do for the Atlantic houses.
Enter your e mail. and yes you can do this on every account too...

Yes Scribbles that is correct the 1 e mail must be used by an active account... I think most of us have at least 1 of our accounts on our master e mail accounts... its a duh thing dear

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it's pretty cool they are giving away so many great houses!

There are for sure 6 castles and 2 Clops Luna houses, so that is a minimum of 8 people who are going to receive extremely valuable houses for free.

Also a suggestion for the people who win the castles: make sure to put them on Atlantic. Even if you don't play Atlantic, you can just sell it for a ton of gold and use that gold to buy a castle on your real shard, plus you will have many platinums of profit still on top of that.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think it's pretty cool they are giving away so many great houses!

There are for sure 6 castles and 2 Clops Luna houses, so that is a minimum of 8 people who are going to receive extremely valuable houses for free.

Also a suggestion for the people who win the castles: make sure to put them on Atlantic. Even if you don't play Atlantic, you can just sell it for a ton of gold and use that gold to buy a castle on your real shard, plus you will have many platinums of profit still on top of that.
Thats pretty self explanatory isnt it? I really dont think anyones going to be like "Oh mesanna i really want this napa valley castle!!.. that i could of possible placed or purchased for 50 million"..

So just expect there to be 6 new castles on atlantic..

**edit, i swear i read somewhere that she already picked the shard these castles would be on and none of them were atlantic? anyone remember that

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the 3 castles to be given away for our anniversary for those of us who cant go to the party...
Go to TC1 make a char if you don't have one there and in HAVEN at the Dock Entry is a Tall Statue in Glacial. do the same as you do for the Atlantic houses.
Enter your e mail. and yes you can do this on every account too...

Yes Scribbles that is correct the 1 e mail must be used by an active account... I think most of us have at least 1 of our accounts on our master e mail accounts... its a duh thing dear
Funny thats exactly the opposite thing you said in your post.

lady storm.PNG

To quote you "it dont need to be the accounts email... or the master accounts emal." when in fact it absolutely does need to be. Most people wouldnt be a fan of sharing their master email in game since its a security risk. IN fact i would of prefered to use another email not associated with UO just in case i accidentally put it out in chat and not on the stone.

So either you were intentionally misleading people or you were wrong. Probably not a duh moment at all.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be nice if they would allow the castles to be built in Ter Mur

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Not only that, the odds of those winning who are going to party are a thousand times better if not 10 thousand times better.

I seriously hope that anyone who 'wins' a castle at this PARTY, that I might add, ALL OF US ARE PAYING FOR are not eligible to win another on TC. As it is they get two shots (one shot of which is, as I said, hugely better odds) while everyone else only gets the one shot per account.

Seriously just another poorly thought out 'contest'.

The castle giveaway SHOULD of been all 6 given away on the TC stone allowing everyone (party goers and non party goers) equal opportunity. But if they did that then the powers that be wouldn't get to big note themselves by being able to bestow on the lucky 3 party goers in person and get the fan boi 'love'.

I am still waiting for my 'prize' for winning the 16th anni cultural centre competition, so forgive me for being totally cynical.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not only that, the odds of those winning who are going to party are a thousand times better if not 10 thousand times better.
I'm pretty sure they said somewhere the party is maxed out at 150 people who can attend, or a number near that amount at least, so with three castles available there... 150 people divided by three castles is 50. So everyone who goes to the party has a 1 out of 50 chance to win a castle. That would be 2% odds. While they definitely do have a better chance at it than the rest of us competing against potentially thousands of accounts, 2% still isn't that great of a chance to win.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would not sell the castle no matter where it was..it's grandfathered in...I wouldn't give up a grandfathered house no matter the cost :) And I SURE as hell won't put it on Atlantic if I win.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
150 people divided by three castles is 50. So everyone who goes to the party has a 1 out of 50 chance to win a castle. That would be 2% odds. While they definitely do have a better chance at it than the rest of us competing against potentially thousands of accounts, 2% still isn't that great of a chance to win.
Agreed.. but that is on top of the .00125% chance all the rest of us have to win one as they are in that one too.. With that being the case I would love to have 2% added to it lol