• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO client eating up memory

C

Chaosy

My client didn't used to do this, but ever since I tried optimizing my cache/memory settings (then changing them back cause it didn't help my choppiness), my UO client.exe keeps hogging more and more memory until everything on my computer just freezes. I have to -releasemem once every 10 mins or so or I lag really bad. I just noticed this last night when I froze and task manager said UO was using up 600 MB. Anyone have any idea to fix this? Thanks.

S

Sarphus

Wow... I didn't even know about the -releasemem command... very cool.

My 2d client has been doing ok on memory, but every now and then it just spikes to 100% cpu and I can forget about doing anything. Really annoying.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... I didn't even know about the -releasemem command... very cool.
Then you should be elated to find out about the -reducecpu command that is also available (through UOAssist)

Noob.

E

Evilminion

Oddly, even without running UOassist or doing anything to my system cache, I occasionally get a hoggy spike in UO's memory usage. It's only on my Vista system; the old WinXP machine runs both 2D and KR with no problem.

Go figure. :)

S

Speetz13

*B-b-b-Bump*

So does anyone know how to help this guys problem? I have a lot of lag problems on this comp and am getting a Vista64 bit laptop soon and would like to know how i can run UO with the least lag. Anyone got any pointers?