• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Cart host ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm part of an alliance that has its own UO Cart, but how would I go about creating one ? I have a friend that doesn't play Siege and wants to set one up for times when we're on together. Can someone point me in the right direction ?

thx

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe ask @Llewen , from what i gather, you run the server program that's packaged with the cart installer, and you need to configure port forwarding on your router, and open ports on the machine running the server program.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After you install uoc there is a file in install folder called uocserver, thats the dedicated host program. And will need to forward the port indicated in the program, to the computer hosting the server, in your router interface, also need to have UPnP enabled in router (its almost always enabled by default)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish there were a program you could run on a commercial web host as a UOCart server...

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can, will need a dedicated or virtual windows server hosted hosted :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
task scheduler (windows feature) launching uocserver on startup + teamviever to be safe :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
negative, you'll need server with basically root access (like a normal windows machine, just remote). things like that will never work via a "normal" website hosting package for several reasons.