• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] UO BOD Tracker

SirTimothy

Visitor
Greetings! I'm a long-time UO player recently returning to the game and new here. As far I could find, there aren't many ways of tracking BODs, especially the newer professions (newer to me at least :) I was only familiar with smithing and tailoring), so I created a website for tracking BODs. It didn't appear to be against the rules here to post external links that meet certain requirements, but just to be safe, just google the subject of this post. UO BOD Tracker is free to use, just sign-up with an e-mail address to get started. It hasn't seen a lot of use yet outside of my own testing and I haven't been able to find an exhaustive list of BODs anywhere so there's bound to be a bug or two, I appreciate your patience! You can import BODs from either the enhanced client or from UO Assist. On the webpage there are videos explaining how to use both. I hope you find the website helpful, I'll try to check back here as often as possible in case people run into problems or issues. I'm currently working on adding support for reporting the points that each BOD is worth, but might be a while before I get this finished. If you have any suggestions for other useful features I'd love to hear them!

SirTimothy

Visitor
Thanks! Believe me, I spent a lot of time on these pages! One of the things that I haven't been able to find, however, is what items are possible for small BODs. Take the carpentry crafting menu for example, you can craft an "armoire (red)" and an "armoire". Are both of these two distinct possibilities on a small BOD? As I started this project, some of the items that required high resources, additional skills, or a recipe I figured wouldn't be part of the BOD system as the requirements seemed too high. Unfortunately, I was surprised several times at the items that were included. So without this knowledge I tried to include the majority of items on the crafting menus, but it's possible I missed some.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Thanks! Believe me, I spent a lot of time on these pages! One of the things that I haven't been able to find, however, is what items are possible for small BODs. Take the carpentry crafting menu for example, you can craft an "armoire (red)" and an "armoire". Are both of these two distinct possibilities on a small BOD? As I started this project, some of the items that required high resources, additional skills, or a recipe I figured wouldn't be part of the BOD system as the requirements seemed too high. Unfortunately, I was surprised several times at the items that were included. So without this knowledge I tried to include the majority of items on the crafting menus, but it's possible I missed some.
For Carpentry I just bribe barrel staves to the level I want. Usually to the top. Pirates give me lots of high level wood.
Blacksmith - Tear Kite shield and buckler. Usually to gold exceptional. Or valorite exceptional if it goes wrong. I have lots of gold thanks to Tepelem and his elixirs.And valorite from trade ships.
I do this only if market has not enough runics I need.
Also I bribe daggers to exceptional for banking points.

Other bods just hoarding for no reason.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For smith BODS - fill normal iron weapons and armor by BUYING the items, and turn in for replacement BODs. The items you can't get off blacksmiths are usually available at Weaponsmiths (Moonglow, Jhelom, etc.)
For Tailor BODs - do cloth normal smalls and most leather smalls (keep a few sets of 6-part male and female suits for LBODs) the same way. There's 5 or so cloth smalls that have to be crafted, and you can claim some cloth as rewards from the smalls to fill them with crafting (you're not going to miss a few 0.2 banked). If not yet to 120, consider hand-filling normal studded and bone smalls to train skill (then at 120, just give away or drop the normal regular leather Bone smalls, or keep a few to fill with normal items of all leather types as to not waste the failed attempts to make exceptional bone pieces for higher BODs)

The concept of filling low-end BODs to get replacements that can be better/colored material (and repeating with the regular normal crap BODs until you run out of the crap, is known as "cycling (or recycling) BODs", and is usually cheaper and quicker in the long run than crafting to fill the junk.

It also means that you're typically starting with a higher pool of BODs when it comes time to bribe (so less bribes needed).

It doesn't work quite as well with the other skills, though it can be done (buy level 1-4 magery scrolls to fill non-LBOD inscription smalls; most of the rest (especially with the other skills) are either things you HAVE to craft, or fit larges that you can turn in for bank points for far more than the smalls)

SirTimothy

Visitor
Thanks, this is all useful information for getting into which bods are useful! I think we've moved off topic a bit from my original intent, which was to:
  • alert people that uobodtracker.com is up and running for tracking bods for all 8 professions
  • ask for feedback on the website to see if I can make it better or fix any errors that people come across
It sounds like some people just do certain small bods while others still find filling large bods useful, so I hope the website is helpful for some!

Last edited:

TrackStar

Journeyman
Thanks, this is all useful information for getting into which bods are useful! I think we've moved off topic a bit from my original intent, which was to:
  • alert people that uobodtracker.com is up and running for tracking bods for all 8 professions
  • ask for feedback on the website to see if I can make it better or fix any errors that people come across
It sounds like some people just do certain small bods while others still find filling large bods useful, so I hope the website is helpful for some!
I've spent a lot of time on your site.

Are you still interested in user's thoughts?

It would be REALLY amazing and make the site infinitely more useful for large numbers of BODs if we could remove small bods from the list by clicking on the blue small BODs under the large BOD listings to simultaneously remove them from the list of small bods and add them to the large BODs.

As the site currently exists it takes way too long to track down small BODs and remove them one by one when we want to add them to large BODs.

SirTimothy

Visitor
Yes, I'm most definitely interested in user's thoughts! I agree this would be a super useful feature and I've started implementing it, though it might take me a week or two to complete. There's also been a number of suggestions and ideas over on the uo.com forums as well, which have led to the addition of points and rewards since I originally posted here. There will be more features coming related to rewards, but I think being able to combine SBODs into LBODs would be the most beneficial feature.

TrackStar

Journeyman
Yes, I'm most definitely interested in user's thoughts! I agree this would be a super useful feature and I've started implementing it, though it might take me a week or two to complete. There's also been a number of suggestions and ideas over on the uo.com forums as well, which have led to the addition of points and rewards since I originally posted here. There will be more features coming related to rewards, but I think being able to combine SBODs into LBODs would be the most beneficial feature.
Thank you. It would take hours off the time it takes to go through large numbers of BODs.

TrackStar

Journeyman
Just updated the website with the ability to combine SBODs into LBODs. I'll be happy to hear further feedback and ideas!
So now that the event is over I am getting back into bods and I see the solution you came up with and I have to say its not the efficient solution I had hoped for.

Its not much better than deleting the SBODs manually and adding them to them LBODs.

A better way, that I really hope you are willing to implement, would be to allow the removal of the SBODs directly from the LBOD list.

What I do when I use your site is go down the list of the LBODs and fill the SBODs associated with them. Once I do this I would like to be able to simply click a button in the LBOD section associated with the SBOD I just filled and placed into the LBOD and have it remove the SBOD from the list for me. The preferred and most efficient location for this button would be directly on the list of LBODs. Perhaps where there is a blue highlighting for possible SBOD pairings you could place the combine button you have introduced on top of that.

SirTimothy

Visitor
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, things always get crazy around the holidays. Thank you for your feedback, the short answer is yet, I will work on implementing this though I can't promise how soon I'll be able to get it done. I thought of things as going through the SBODs and combining them into LBODs. You're thinking about it the other way around, which is why I like to get user's feedback as people think of things in different ways. Also, you don't have to "fill" a SBOD on the website in order to combine it (you might already know this). You can combine a SBOD that is 0/20 for example with it's matching LBOD and the website will do it with an added note that you'll have to fill the SBOD in game before you can combine it for real.

TrackStar

Journeyman
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, things always get crazy around the holidays. Thank you for your feedback, the short answer is yet, I will work on implementing this though I can't promise how soon I'll be able to get it done. I thought of things as going through the SBODs and combining them into LBODs. You're thinking about it the other way around, which is why I like to get user's feedback as people think of things in different ways. Also, you don't have to "fill" a SBOD on the website in order to combine it (you might already know this). You can combine a SBOD that is 0/20 for example with it's matching LBOD and the website will do it with an added note that you'll have to fill the SBOD in game before you can combine it for real.
Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes, I don't bother filling the SBODs on the site. I just focus on updating the LBODs and I delete the SBODs that I turn in that are not associated with LBODs.

However, if you just made it a 1 click solution to mark a SBOD as filled I would change my mind on that process for things like blacksmithing helmets and shields, etc

Basically a single button on the main profession page right next too each SBOD that you could press that automatically marked it as fully filled; leaving the edit option for those who wish to enter partial fills.

But honestly my original request far more useful for me personally.

Enjoy the holidays!

SirTimothy

Visitor
Well, took a bit longer than I hoped, but LBODs now have a combine icon available on a SBOD slot if you have a matching SBOD in your inventory. I also added advice on how to obtain each reward. If you click a profession's rewards button, you can now click on a reward and you'll be able to see which BODs are the best (in terms of points only at the moment) to fill it and which BODs you have in your inventory that will allow you to obtain that reward with the number of points wasted (if any). I also tried to eliminate a few mouse clicks for common tasks. I haven't gotten around to the 1-click SBOD fill; perhaps I'll add that going forward, but I have a few little quirks that I'd like to take care of first. Let me know if you notice anything major going wrong or if you have any further suggestions on features you'd like to see!