• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO as a globe

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, because of the way sailing North/South works, Britannia is a DOUGHNUT (toroid).

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow! Thats the best thing I've seen online, for UO maps, in a VERY long time... if ever.

I seriously miss the large paper map we got with the box sets back in the day. I had one pinned up behind my desk, to figure out where things were in the big picture. Now we have all these other worlds, the play window SO big... and the in game map so small. I find it as an issue... but what can you do?

THANK YOU :)

JobriathCairn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, because of the way sailing North/South works, Britannia is a DOUGHNUT (toroid).
I know...I know... I found the software and wanted to test a map and thought of UO. now I want to make the globe perfect and work back to a map....lol, just in my free time. Damn mercator projection.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know...I know... I found the software and wanted to test a map and thought of UO. now I want to make the globe perfect and work back to a map....lol, just in my free time. Damn mercator projection.
Well,it does look like the planet in the intro video,from before the gem was shattered.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Oh wow! Thats the best thing I've seen online, for UO maps, in a VERY long time... if ever.

I seriously miss the large paper map we got with the box sets back in the day. I had one pinned up behind my desk, to figure out where things were in the big picture. Now we have all these other worlds, the play window SO big... and the in game map so small. I find it as an issue... but what can you do?

THANK YOU :)
Pix..Can you get rid of the neon purple writing? We all will love you for that..Thanks..