• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO and ultrawide monitor support?

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, just logged in after quite a while and I had since upgraded my screen to an LG 21:9 ultrawide. For some reason the graphical representation of the UO buttons don't match where you need to click on the screen. For example to click quit I need to click about 3 inches below the button and you see the quit button highlight but my mouse is nowhere near it. Almost like the interface is shifted. thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I played on a monitor that was made for having two programs side by side. The clickys lined up when playing one account or two at same time. It took horrible screenshots tho, so I gave it away.

Webpages and other programs line up fine?

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey, just logged in after quite a while and I had since upgraded my screen to an LG 21:9 ultrawide. For some reason the graphical representation of the UO buttons don't match where you need to click on the screen. For example to click quit I need to click about 3 inches below the button and you see the quit button highlight but my mouse is nowhere near it. Almost like the interface is shifted. thanks
I think I can help but first - what screen resolution are you running on your desktop and which uo resolution are you running and which uo client are you running?

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, no issues with other applications. In fact the UO patch page everything aligns fine. Things get out of alignment at the login page. My screen resolution is 2560x1080, unfortunately I can't find the right spot to click once I log into UO to check the UO resolution. This is with the enhanced client.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also to note only the monitor changed, same PC / graphics card and UO install. My previous non-ultrawide screen worked fine.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ahh - sorry can not help with enhanced client. The only suggestion i would make is to change your desktop resolution to something like 1900x800 and see what happens when you start UO.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welp, works fine in the classic client, but way too small to be playable. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I don't recall who or how to contact for UO support and I'm guessing it may have changed since I've been gone. Anyone have an email address? Thx