• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Unusual Bank Check

Daegan

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys,

Not familiar with this arena of the rare market, and wanted to see what your thoughts on the value of this item is (if any). It's a bank check, worth 1 gold, that looks the same as any furniture deed. Again, I have no idea so I wanted to get some feedback from you all.

Thanks,
Daegan
highlighted.jpg nothing clicked.JPG

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Usually white checks are worth between 100k and 1 million, but since that one is for only one gold piece it may be worth more. @Assia Penryn might know more about it than I do.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A long time ago, bank checks used to look like normal deeds. The gods changed them to gold to help prevent scammers from closing a window and replacing the white check with a normal deed. It used to be a very popular scam and many a person fell to it.

White checks could be made in any amount (and the gold ones still can) though a bugged system. Desirability is based on the number when it comes to checks. Even round numbers are desirable like 100, 500, 1m along with 69, 666, etc for particular collectors. 1 would be desirable to as it stands out and even though many were made it is one of the more desirable numbers. I'd estimate it to be worth about 1.5m. I don't see white checks usually below 750k personally, but I've seen them sell up to 2m under optimal circumstances.

On a side note, the above also goes for the old multi-gem jewelry. Oddball numbers don't sell for very much, even if they are a higher number. For example, 100 gem jewelry will almost always sell better and for more than one wth 165 gem.

Hope that helps.

Daegan

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That does, and oddly enough I have a TON of old gem jewelry I made myself. Almost all of it is 10, 50, or 100 gem jewelry. A couple 200 pieces too.

Thank you,
Daegan

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Not to steal your thread, Daegan, but @Assia Penryn would you know how desirable a 1mil white check is and what it might be worth?

Boba

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a set of these pre-patch white checks numbering 1-50, and an additional with an amount of 69gp. I tried to auction mine off about a year ago at one of the previous rares fest. Started the lot at 25mil and didn't get a single bid. Not sure where these 1mil+ appraisals are coming from. My advice is to just hold onto it until they implement the global currency system (no more checks).

Also, don't store it in any bank box. It will revert to a gold check at the next server maintenance.

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
I hate to post this on my boy deagons thread but I'll offer 1.5 for the old bank check of 1.0