• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Untrained Triton with 75.05% Rating but 116.9 Wrestling and 155.2 Resists ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need help to understand the Pet Intensity Calculator at Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

I got a Triton which, "apparently" came out, untrained, with a 75.05% Intensity Rating (a 4308 Intensity Value) which I understand is considered a "good" Intensity Rating.....

Yet, it has 116.9 Wrestling (max I understand can be 130.0) and 155.2 Resisting spells (max I understand can be 190.0).

Why does it gets such an above average Intensity Rating when Wrestling and Resisting Spells are not so good ?

Bottom line is, how do I judge if this, or any other Triton, for this matter, is a good one or not ?

Are there specific, individual Stats which should be preferred over others which make a really good Triton ?

Thanks for the help.

The other stats are :

Hits 700
Stamina 150
Mana 106
Strength 243
Dexterity 155
Intelligence 106

Resists (Total resists is 287) are :

Physical 47
Fire 56
Cold 51
Poison 43
Energy 90

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I need help to understand the Pet Intensity Calculator at Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

I got a Triton which, "apparently" came out, untrained, with a 75.05% Intensity Rating (a 4308 Intensity Value) which I understand is considered a "good" Intensity Rating.....

Yet, it has 116.9 Wrestling (max I understand can be 130.0) and 155.2 Resisting spells (max I understand can be 190.0).

Why does it gets such an above average Intensity Rating when Wrestling and Resisting Spells are not so good ?

Bottom line is, how do I judge if this, or any other Triton, for this matter, is a good one or not ?

Are there specific, individual Stats which should be preferred over others which make a really good Triton ?

Thanks for the help.

The other stats are :

Hits 700
Stamina 150
Mana 106
Strength 243
Dexterity 155
Intelligence 106

Resists (Total resists is 287) are :

Physical 47
Fire 56
Cold 51
Poison 43
Energy 90
Strength, HP, and resists cost more intensity than other things like int/mana/dex/skills.

So it's possible to get a Triton that has near the max strength, Hit points and resists (for a higher intensity rating), but still have relatively low wrestling/magic resist.

This is why when we go to tame a new animal, we primarily look at the strength, HP, and resists of the animal. Dex/stamina/int/mana is very cheap to raise.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strength, HP, and resists cost more intensity than other things like int/mana/dex/skills.

So it's possible to get a Triton that has near the max strength, Hit points and resists (for a higher intensity rating), but still have relatively low wrestling/magic resist.

This is why when we go to tame a new animal, we primarily look at the strength, HP, and resists of the animal. Dex/stamina/int/mana is very cheap to raise.
But it was my understanding that, the "overcapped" Wrestling and Resisting Spells where valuable to have for the pet as close as possible to their respective max of 130.0 and 190.0 ....

Yes, this pet has 100% Hits (700) and Energy Resist (90). But with that Wrestling and Resisting Spells can it be considered an "above average" good pet in fighting high end Bosses ?

This I am having a hard time to understand...

What actual individual Stats make a Triton a great fighter ?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Every pet in the game can spawn with a range of stats. You can find these stats by looking at the [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Bestiary [/bcolor]for a specific pet.

Over time, enough experience with taming of specific pets, and you will know the spawn range these pets quite well (Cu's for example, most people that farm them know the range quite well).

Intensity is actually a very straight-forward rating system, even if it seems complex. It is much less complex and easier to understand than the old 5.0 rating system.

Intensity is just the training value of every stat/skill/ability of the pet added up. For example:
  • Hit Points, Strength, and Resists are 3 training points per 1 (or 3 intensity per 1 HP, STR, or Resist value)
  • Intelligence, Mana, and Stamina are 1 training point per 2
  • Most abilities are 100 Points
  • Skills vary depending on the skill, but the values are known thanks to the training and scroll cost in advanced pet training.
The more intensity a pet starts with, the higher it's overall intensity will be once trained (which usually leads to more Hit Points, More Mana, Better Scrolls, etc. over lower intensity pets of the same species).

Look at the Bestiary page for a pet. Look at the minimum value of every stat and skill of that pet. If a pet were to spawn with these minimum values, it would be a 0% rating, as it literally spawned as the worst possible version.

Now look at the maximum value of every stat and skill of that pet. If a pet were to spawn with these maximum values, it would be a 100% rating, as it literally spawned as the best possible version.

Take the Triton for example, it has a spawn range of 990 Intensity. Your 75.05% Triton is only missing 248 intensity points off the maximum possible points a Triton can spawn with. So looking at all the stats and skills combined on your triton, it is better than 75% of all other tritons that will exist.

It has lower Wrestling and Resisting Spells compared to their relative caps, but Wrestling and Resisting Spells make up only 240 Intensity of that 990 spread (or only 24%).

If you look at the breakdown of your Triton, you will see a lot of its stats (particularly the high intensity stats like str/hits/resists) are rated very high individually:

While overcapped Wrestling and Resisting Spells are part of what makes the Triton a unique/different pet than the others, it's not the only criteria involved in rating them. The Intensity rating tells you at a glance how well your Triton rolled overall, but it is up to the individual player to determine the worth of that Triton (or any pet) based on what they want to do with it.

Experience and personal preference. Even a low rated Triton will make for an amazing pet -- they have a lot of training potential and are one of the highest intensity pets in the game (not to mention they are blank slates, so they can be customized just about any way you want).

A lot of people get hung up on the 0% to 100% rating system and interpret it as a grading system. A 60% Triton doesn't mean it is a "D" grade Triton. It means it has more intensity than 60% of all other possible Tritons that will spawn. a 60% pet is still a very good pet (for any pet, not just Tritons). Some people are disappointed with a 70% rated pet because they think it is a "C" grade, or average, but 70% is a fantastic pet. 80% are amazing pets and extremely hard to find for most pets.

So once people get the "Grading system" idea out of their mind when looking at pets, it can help them see the actual value of their pet.

All-in-all, it comes down to personal preference of the tamer and what they want to do with the pet.

If you personally value high wrestling and resisting spells over any other stat on the Triton, then you will need to keep hunting for one that satisfies your personal criteria for a pet. If you only want ones with 220+ Strength and high Wrestling, then you will need to hunt for one of those and not bother looking at their rating.

The rating is there to help tamers at a glance see how good their pet is. I could adjust the rating system to give bonuses for certain things, such as any pet over 120 wrestling, but once you make that concession, what will be the next "bonus" request, high Resisting Spells? Well how high is high enough? High dex? High Resists? etc. Then once you start adding all these individual bonus elements, the rating system become incredibly convoluted and less transparent.

My personal opinion on your Triton: It is a very nice Triton still and will make a great pet, despite having under 120 Wrestling. You can still scroll the wrestling if you want, then it will be identical to every other trained pet out there with 120 Wrestling, or keep it as is and it will still kill things.

Some people only want 128+ Wrestling, others don't care. There are also areas where you don't need super high wrestling to succeed. Champ spawn for example -- you don't need super high wrestling for them because most of the waves aren't going to be creatures with high wrestling themselves. So again, it really depends on what you want to accomplish with your pet.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll take that one. Most of my current pets have 115 or less wrestling.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people only want 128+ Wrestling, others don't care.
@Khyro

In the end, a good pet is one that Kills high end Bosses without too much trouble, I would imagine most Tamers think....

Now, in order to "kill" high end Bosses, with a Triton, what will matters most ?

Its overcapped wrestling as close to 130 as possible ?
Its overcapped Resisting Spells as close as possible to 190 ?
Its Resists as high and close to the max Caps as possible ?
Its Hits as close to 700 as possible and strength as close to 250 as possible ?

Of course that it is almost impossible to spawn a Triton that is good in "all" of these Stats....

Therefore, one must make a choice and determine "some", among these Stats, which ABSOLUTELY a Triton, in order to be that badass fighting pet, should have that are close to the max CAPs possible.

I am trying to understand what these Stats would be....

If you will, a "PRIORITIES" list of Stats starting with the most important one which a Tamer should really look at in a freshly spawned Triton and then going down to the other Stats which would be better to have as high but "not as much" important as those "priority" Stats that are wanted to be as high as possible, close to the CAP.

So, for a very very experienced Tamers, what would be these "Priority" Stats to absolutely want in a badass Triton ?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Khyro

In the end, a good pet is one that Kills high end Bosses without too much trouble, I would imagine most Tamers think....

Now, in order to "kill" high end Bosses, with a Triton, what will matters most ?
Experience. You can give an inexperienced tamer the best pet in the game, and they can still fail to do content if they don't know how to play the class efficiently.

There is no universal priority list for Tritons or any other pet. It's personal preference. Know what you want to do with the pet, take it into the planner and see if the pet you have can get the spec you want.

Unscrolled pets can complete the Roof. Full 120 pets can fail at the roof. The success rate is determined by the player in control of the pet, and not just the pet.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Most of us are interested in high wrestling because that determines your pets chance to hit or be hit. Also very few pets can get 130 wrestling, most max out at 120 and you need an expensive scroll to do that.

Everything Khyro said is correct, a good tamer can make just about any pet work, might take longer though, and an inexperienced tamer can suck with the best pet possible.

As @Pawain often says, "All pets kill stuff, we build our pets to kill stuff faster."

An experienced tamer with a pet built right for the encounter is a deadly combination.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, for a very very experienced Tamers, what would be these "Priority" Stats to absolutely want in a badass Triton ?
I made a thread asking that: What Triton Stats are you wanting to find?

A pet in UO has never had this many over capped stats. Usually they have one type, The Frost Drake had over capped dex. A Naj has over capped dex.

Others have over capped wrestling or tactics. Cold Drakes and Dragons have many over capped skills.

There are pet types with over capped resist magic.

This is a brand new pet type.

This is the Tamer forum. We don't do a lot of posting about pets outside of here. We pull up a seat here and brag about the best ones that we have found.

@popps I will take yours if you dont want it. I would possibly give it away on LS to someone returning or a NOOB. Or I store it until I want to play around with putting as many things as I can on one and see what it does.

These are the best pets for NOOB tamers the game has. With so many things at max or over capped, the resists are all high enough, The HP start high. All of then can build an AI/Chiv pet. Yours actually could have 2 magics.

100 skills kill stuff 130 wrestling kills stuff.

You don't want to know how many of these things I have popped. I have 1 that fits what I want so I have built 1 so far. Next Wednesday and Thursday you will not find an open place to train a pet on LS. All the ones I gave away will bond then.

When you spend >5 million Doubloons you can come back and complain about not getting a good one.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I want to know how much longer we have to get crates for doubloons. I'd really like to get at least 1 more good one, 2 would be better.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you spend >5 million Doubloons you can come back and complain about not getting a good one.
I am not complaining, just trying to understand how to set apart what a good Triton is from a bad one....

Is trying to understand such a bad thing to want to do ?

You mention how overcapped stats are important...

On the pet I got, with an Intensity Rating that reads as about 75%, not only Wrestling and Resisting Spells are below average, but Wrestling in not even overcapped ?

Yes, "other" stats on this one pet are nice, like the 90 Energy, the 700 Hits.

My trouble is, judging and setting apart an important stat from a less important one...

Since I hear tamers mentioning how important overcapped Wrestling and Resisting Spells are on a Triton left and right, I was surprised to read an Intensity Rating of 75% for a Triton with Wrestling and resisting Spells below average....

Maybe it is a good Triton, maybe it is not.

I just do not know, and would like to understand it, though.... not only for this Triton, but also for other Tritons with different stats and Intensity Ratings....

For example, say that one was to pull a Triton with 130 Wrestling and 190 Resisting Spells but an Intensity Rating of, say, 40% or 45%, would it be possible to still consider such a Triton a hell of a good one because of those 2 overcapped skills even though other stats would be below average to compute such a low Intensity Rating ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to know how much longer we have to get crates for doubloons. I'd really like to get at least 1 more good one, 2 would be better.
My understanding is that the current content (including the Plunder Beacons, Maritime Trade Cargos and Pirate in Buc's Den and all there is) will keep being available intil the end of the current 2019 Timeline, which is till December 2019, I understand...

The Devs will keep "adding" new content to the current one, not "replace" current content with newer one, I seemed to understand...

It ain't so ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wrestling in not even overcapped ?
Depends what you call over capped. I'm talking about over the normal caps of what pets spawn as along with over total normal build cap.

That is almost always good unless you don't like a certain resist high. Like finding a good Lesser Hiryu with >100 wrestling.

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I myself want over 120 wrestle, over 180 dex, lower energy resist, and around 160 spell resist.

Thats it, you have plenty of points.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps - stop it ! Khyro explained to you / us in superb detail, that your 75% intensity Triton is FANTASTIC ! "Swallow" that - sure it hasn't got wrestling over the cap - but so what - you can train that still to 120 !

"Swallow & digest" that! Now!

I for myself popped two Tritons so far - 1st a 42.83% intensity pet with 116.4 wrestling - the 2nd one a 55.7% intensity one with 117.1 wrestling.

While I also want one with wrestling over the cap, the 2nd one is already an amazing tank - trained it with the tank spec build from the CAH website ... already amazing without any skills boosted further yet! Just trained it to 5-slots so far.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps - stop it ! Khyro explained to you / us in superb detail, that your 75% intensity Triton is FANTASTIC ! "Swallow" that - sure it hasn't got wrestling over the cap - but so what - you can train that still to 120 !

"Swallow & digest" that! Now!

I for myself popped two Tritons so far - 1st a 42.83% intensity pet with 116.4 wrestling - the 2nd one a 55.7% intensity one with 117.1 wrestling.

While I also want one with wrestling over the cap, the 2nd one is already an amazing tank - trained it with the tank spec build from the CAH website ... already amazing without any skills boosted further yet! Just trained it to 5-slots so far.
While it "may" be considered above average, since it was NOT claimed in Tokuno for lack of that "particular" knowledge, some might consider it a "ruined" Triton because it will not be able to have the Bushido/Ninjitsu ability because of that.....

So, it all is relative, I imagine....

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@popps - I think the following maybe has been overlooked from your original question about intensity. You have many high intensity stats like HP/Str/Total resists which are rated high for overall intensity because by having those "at birth" that frees up the 4503 total points you get to play with to build your Triton how you want. That's important to consider when thinking about intensity. I think if you took your 75% rated triton and a 45% rated triton (with as close to 130 wrestling & 190 resist) and built both out in the pet calculator you would see that overall you are more than likely going to be happier with the 75% pet. For example you really don't need to spend a single point on HP (if 700HP works for you) which frees up 3points x 50+ HP (150 points) which can be put directly into mana. There are literally a dozen different combo's of things you could do with the extra points but just know that you will ultimately have more points freed up with a higher intensity pet. As Pawain mentioned, you should have enough points to do double magics. This would likely be a fantastic candidate for Chiv/AI/Feint. If you tried this with a 45% intensity Triton (with 130 wrestling but 650HP & 120 str) this isn't possible unless you don't get max HP & Str and sacrifice mana/other 120 skills/etc.

At the end of the day there isn't a black & white answer to "good" vs "not good" Triton. People that have maxed out at 45% Tritons will think what you have is good (even if you do not). That said, sure compared to a Triton that is 85% intensity AND have 130 wrestling & 190 resist yours wouldn't be as "good" but as you know this is some that is hard to find. Ultimately I think having 120+ wrestling is great to have but realistically we are talking maybe 3% more HCI / DCI? I can tell you now if you throw feint on our Triton that DCI becomes negligible because incoming damage is decreased. At the end of the day it's entirely your own perception that matters for YOUR pet. Seems like lots of people are saying it's a solid pet and you keep coming back questioning what makes it good; so it seems like your mind is already made up (if that's the case @Pawain will gladly take it!).

Hopefully that different way to look at it helps settle things here because it seems like people started to spin their wheels on this thread :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@popps - I think the following maybe has been overlooked from your original question about intensity. You have many high intensity stats like HP/Str/Total resists which are rated high for overall intensity because by having those "at birth" that frees up the 4503 total points you get to play with to build your Triton how you want. That's important to consider when thinking about intensity. I think if you took your 75% rated triton and a 45% rated triton (with as close to 130 wrestling & 190 resist) and built both out in the pet calculator you would see that overall you are more than likely going to be happier with the 75% pet. For example you really don't need to spend a single point on HP (if 700HP works for you) which frees up 3points x 50+ HP (150 points) which can be put directly into mana. There are literally a dozen different combo's of things you could do with the extra points but just know that you will ultimately have more points freed up with a higher intensity pet. As Pawain mentioned, you should have enough points to do double magics. This would likely be a fantastic candidate for Chiv/AI/Feint. If you tried this with a 45% intensity Triton (with 130 wrestling but 650HP & 120 str) this isn't possible unless you don't get max HP & Str and sacrifice mana/other 120 skills/etc.

At the end of the day there isn't a black & white answer to "good" vs "not good" Triton. People that have maxed out at 45% Tritons will think what you have is good (even if you do not). That said, sure compared to a Triton that is 85% intensity AND have 130 wrestling & 190 resist yours wouldn't be as "good" but as you know this is some that is hard to find. Ultimately I think having 120+ wrestling is great to have but realistically we are talking maybe 3% more HCI / DCI? I can tell you now if you throw feint on our Triton that DCI becomes negligible because incoming damage is decreased. At the end of the day it's entirely your own perception that matters for YOUR pet. Seems like lots of people are saying it's a solid pet and you keep coming back questioning what makes it good; so it seems like your mind is already made up (if that's the case @Pawain will gladly take it!).

Hopefully that different way to look at it helps settle things here because it seems like people started to spin their wheels on this thread :)
@Keven2002

Thank you for your answer.

Please bear with me if I say any stupid thing as I am just starting to learn the new pets' training mechanics...

Yes, by having high Hit Points or overall resistances one can save up on training points to use to train the pet in something else...... but while resistances, hit points and other stats like these can ALWAYS be trained up even if the pet was nautrally born low on them, the overcapped Wrestling and Resisting Spells, I seem to understand, cannot.

That is, if I get a pet with 600 HP but I want to take it up to 700 HP, if I spend the points and I have them, I can.

Instead, if I get a Triton with 120.1 Wrestling and/or 120.1 Resisting Spells, that Triton is condemned to stay at 120.1 Wrestling and/or 120.1 Resisting Spells even if I had points to spend on raising those skills....

Therefore, I seem to understand, CAPPed out Triton for CAPPed out Triton I think that a Triton that was to come with 130 Wrestling and 190 Resisting Spells and then low stats in "other" things would be more "flexible" to be trained up because the available points could go towards HP, Resistances etc. to get raised.

That is at least what I have gathered so far, whether rightly or wrongly.

If I am correct, and Wrestling and Resisting spells cannot be adjusted through training (only taken up to 120.0 should they spawn below that figure, and having to spend the gold for the Powerscroll, of course... not to mention, that these new tameables where indicated as new players' friendly because they would have NOT had players have to heavily spend on Powerscrolls with them in at least Wrestling and Resisting Spells because coming overcapped....) up to their respective 130 and 190 Overcapped CAPs, then, to my viewing, a Triton coming as already hitting the 130 Wrestling or 190 Resisting Spells, should get a higher Intensity Rating as compared to another Triton with Capped other stats but low Wrestling and low Resisting Spells.....

That is, from my lack of knowledge about this entire mechanics that is all new to me, at least for a Triton, spawning with high Wrestling and high Resisting Spells should "weight" more as if it spawned with high Stats in Hit Points, Resistances etc. etc.

Please, explain to me what might be wrong in my thinking, if any so that I can better understand how this all works... thanks.

Last edited:

HiThanks

Adventurer
Intensity is just an average of overall pet maximums:

Example:
97% of Max HP
64% of Max Strength
85% of Max Wrestling

The average of those three stats is 82%.

That's exactly how intensity works. It doesn't grade a pet on their ability to do any content. It's not a grade of their 'good'ness or 'bad'ness.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Intensity is just an average of overall pet maximums:

Example:
97% of Max HP
64% of Max Strength
85% of Max Wrestling

The average of those three stats is 82%.

That's exactly how intensity works. It doesn't grade a pet on their ability to do any content. It's not a grade of their 'good'ness or 'bad'ness.
I am starting to realize that....

The thing is, though, that I see it talked left and right, also in General Chat, about Tamers' pets being judged about their Intensity Rating....

So, whether right or wrong that it might be as a habit, apparently lots of Tamers DO use pets' Intensity Ratings to grade their 'good'ness or 'bad'ness.....

HiThanks

Adventurer
Any tool or weapon requires thought and planning...

If you had a 75% max damage fire sword, would you take it to kill a fire elemental immune to fire damage?
Would you rather use a 75% max damage fire sword or an 85% max damage fire sword against an enemy not immune to fire damage?

I think the answer you're looking for is, 42.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002

Thank you for your answer.

Please bear with me if I say any stupid thing as I am just starting to learn the new pets' training mechanics...

Yes, by having high Hit Points or overall resistances one can save up on training points to use to train the pet in something else...... but while resistances, hit points and other stats like these can ALWAYS be trained up even if the pet was nautrally born low on them, the overcapped Wrestling and Resisting Spells, I seem to understand, cannot.

That is, if I get a pet with 600 HP but I want to take it up to 700 HP, if I spend the points and I have them, I can.

Instead, if I get a Triton with 120.1 Wrestling and/or 120.1 Resisting Spells, that Triton is condemned to stay at 120.1 Wrestling and/or 120.1 Resisting Spells even if I had points to spend on raising those skills....

Therefore, I seem to understand, CAPPed out Triton for CAPPed out Triton I think that a Triton that was to come with 130 Wrestling and 190 Resisting Spells and then low stats in "other" things would be more "flexible" to be trained up because the available points could go towards HP, Resistances etc. to get raised.

That is at least what I have gathered so far, whether rightly or wrongly.

If I am correct, and Wrestling and Resisting spells cannot be adjusted through training (only taken up to 120.0 should they spawn below that figure, and having to spend the gold for the Powerscroll, of course... not to mention, that these new tameables where indicated as new players' friendly because they would have NOT had players have to heavily spend on Powerscrolls with them in at least Wrestling and Resisting Spells because coming overcapped....) up to their respective 130 and 190 Overcapped CAPs, then, to my viewing, a Triton coming as already hitting the 130 Wrestling or 190 Resisting Spells, should get a higher Intensity Rating as compared to another Triton with Capped other stats but low Wrestling and low Resisting Spells.....

That is, from my lack of knowledge about this entire mechanics that is all new to me, at least for a Triton, spawning with high Wrestling and high Resisting Spells should "weight" more as if it spawned with high Stats in Hit Points, Resistances etc. etc.

Please, explain to me what might be wrong in my thinking, if any so that I can better understand how this all works... thanks.
@popps - You seem to be harping on intensity as a number and I think you are misdirecting your energy in to trying to make an argument that it should be heavier on their rating (valid or not) . As the K's have said earlier this rating system is something for ALL pets (very few animals can get overcapped skills) and typically STR/HP/Total resists is what you look for (again as many have said). I think you need to accept that it is what it is here because the rating isn't going to change.

I'm not sure what your ultimate goal is for this thread though. If this is to sell your pet and you want the calculator updated so you can sell it as a higher rated Triton it's not happening just use a different sales pitch. I've sold several under 120 wrestling with 60+ intensity. :)

I think you are severely discounting the amount of points it takes to bump up HP / STR / Resist... It will take you under 150 points to get to 120 wrestling (if you get the scroll) whereas it will take you that much just to get your pet from 650 to 700. This pet also has overcapped dex & magic resist. So you have a great starting point and much easier time to add multiple abilities or magics or loads of mana to have a strong pet.

I understand there is no way bump pets to 130 wrestling so this def is a bonus to have but if it's on a pet with 110 strength & 650hp, you are now burning 450+ points just to get what you have now. I would gladly sacrifice 10 wrestling to save those points in str/hp. If 130 wrestling is something you want then keep grinding until you get one... just don't be mad and ask the calculator be updated to give THAT pet a higher rating because the strength is lower lol.

Ultimately I don't see what you are really trying to get out of this thread at this point but hopefully the above puts it all to rest :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@popps - You seem to be harping on intensity as a number and I think you are misdirecting your energy in to trying to make an argument that it should be heavier on their rating (valid or not) . As the K's have said earlier this rating system is something for ALL pets (very few animals can get overcapped skills) and typically STR/HP/Total resists is what you look for (again as many have said). I think you need to accept that it is what it is here because the rating isn't going to change.

I'm not sure what your ultimate goal is for this thread though. If this is to sell your pet and you want the calculator updated so you can sell it as a higher rated Triton it's not happening just use a different sales pitch. I've sold several under 120 wrestling with 60+ intensity. :)

I think you are severely discounting the amount of points it takes to bump up HP / STR / Resist... It will take you under 150 points to get to 120 wrestling (if you get the scroll) whereas it will take you that much just to get your pet from 650 to 700. This pet also has overcapped dex & magic resist. So you have a great starting point and much easier time to add multiple abilities or magics or loads of mana to have a strong pet.

I understand there is no way bump pets to 130 wrestling so this def is a bonus to have but if it's on a pet with 110 strength & 650hp, you are now burning 450+ points just to get what you have now. I would gladly sacrifice 10 wrestling to save those points in str/hp. If 130 wrestling is something you want then keep grinding until you get one... just don't be mad and ask the calculator be updated to give THAT pet a higher rating because the strength is lower lol.

Ultimately I don't see what you are really trying to get out of this thread at this point but hopefully the above puts it all to rest :)
I am not asking to change anything.....

In regards to the Intensity Rating, for this Triton I got, because of the low Wrestling and resist (as compared to the max possible), I actually thought that the 75% rating was way too much.... it should have been lower then that because of the bad wrestling and resist it came with as compared to the max possible (130 and 190, respectively).

So, it certainly is not a sales pitch....

I am just trying to understand the logic behind things.... only by understanding what is the logic behind, I can hope to understand how something works...

So, the simple reason for the Thread was out of surprise (and to understand the why for that unusual rating) to get such an above average Rating for a pet coming with quite low important skills like Wrestling and Resisting Spells as compared to their max value possible.

Gardo

Journeyman
You could get a Triton with 130 wrestling and 190 magic resist AND that same Triton could spawn with crap stats..... bare minimum HP, strength, DEX, intelligence and mana. Throw in below average resists and you’d have yourself a very low intensity pet. Great wrestling and magic resist sure, but ultimately the Triton would have limited training points and this would greatly handcuff your build options. Even though it’s build options would be limited, I’d still build that pet. Same goes if attributes are reversed. I’d slap a 120 on a low wrestling Triton with near max HP, strength.....etc.

Main thing I can stress is every attribute counts on every pet. Look at the vast variance in spawning potential for greater dragons.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could get a Triton with 130 wrestling and 190 magic resist AND that same Triton could spawn with crap stats..... bare minimum HP, strength, DEX, intelligence and mana. Throw in below average resists and you’d have yourself a very low intensity pet. Great wrestling and magic resist sure, but ultimately the Triton would have limited training points and this would greatly handcuff your build options. Even though it’s build options would be limited, I’d still build that pet. Same goes if attributes are reversed. I’d slap a 120 on a low wrestling Triton with near max HP, strength.....etc.

Main thing I can stress is every attribute counts on every pet. Look at the vast variance in spawning potential for greater dragons.
@Gardo

So, perhaps, the best Triton lays in the "middle" ?

Since, obviously, it ain't possible to get any and all Stats close to CAP, or perhaps it is but with just an infinitesimal chance that one can just forget about hitting it, rather then have one like mine, with crap Wrestling and Resisting Spells and great stats OR one with great Wrestling and Resisting Spells but crap stats, the one Triton that was a keeper to train would be one with ALL of them Wrestling and Resisting Spells AND Stats on average values, hopefully skewed towards the higher part ?

That is, a well balanced out Triton towards the higher figures even if not having any of them be at CAP ?

Is that so ?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@popps - I think you are missing the basic point everyone seems to be saying. There is no such thing as "best Triton" unless you get a 100% intensity Triton with literally everything maxed out which we all know is almost certainly not going to happen. So what you are left with is something that statistically isn't the best in some areas but might be in others (aka the trade off). This is where it's up to YOU what you think is best (based on what you will use it for). This is no different then if you are a dog owner in real life; you likely chose it based on the best fit for YOU. If you live in a small apartment in a city, you likely don't have a great dane even those are some of the bigger dogs there are (bigger is better right? lol). If you like to hunt then you might have a lab or retriever. Again all these breeds are "best" in certain categories but no single dog will the called the universal best breed in the world; there will always be debate.

So it's pretty simple logic that if YOU put a higher value on 130 wrestling & 190 resist (because you can't build that) then something close to those stats is the "best" for you. If you would prefer to use minimal points on things like HP/STR/Resists/etc and use those points for multiple abilities and a large pool of mana then what you have would be more along the lines of "best". That's really the only thing to understand. If you can't understand that then I fear there is no helping you any further on this :)

Now if your question is about how to best SETUP your Triton based on it's intensity that is another story and if you were to throw out a pet planner with your idea then I'm sure people would give you feedback so you could get an idea where the strengths and weaknesses might be.