• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unsure where to send a crash report

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I just got back home from a long weekend out. Saw that some changes were patched in yesterday and decided to open it up and let it patch. Got up to about 90% and it closed itself. So i re-open the launcher and it's only downloading 3 files now (instead of the 30). However, now when I get to about 52-66% it crashes with the "Oops! Game crashed" and gives me a folder.

Not where how to fix this, or where to send this crash report to. Anyone want to help me out?

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hello Irish and welcome to PG and Statics! Usually I would say to report everything firstly in the game. But if you cannot get into the game, this is the place to come. PR also has a Twitter, which I think is updated by Eric and a Facebook updated by Aaron. However if you post here, I will get a notification in my email and can forward it to Eric.

On that note, I remember mine shut down once while patching, but after that, I was able to finish the patch. Are you using Mac or PC? Browser or Client?

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
PC and using the downloaded Windows Client.

I'm semi-fluent with coding so I was reading through the crash reports and it looks (at least to me) like I've somehow run out of accessible memory while patching. Not sure why this is happening considering that if I have my resmon open I still have around 2200 mb free of memory while patching and have even shut down a lot of useless processes. I can go ahead and upload the crash report now and see if I'm just losing my mind here but I'm gonna keep trying some solutions by closing ALL programs and see if that might help.

Attachments

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks for looking closer. I am not a coder at all, just a delivery cow. ;)

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if it helps but I tried re-installing and now i'm stuck at 7 files for 395 MB. Checked computer memory and I only use 0.04 gb of my 4 gb memory. With task manager open, I am only using 15% of my physical memory and computer usage is hovering between 10-20%.

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hi, thanks for the report! Can you tell me what OS you're using, and are you 32-bit or 64-bit? It does look like you're running out of memory, one of the files it's downloading is pretty large, so it doesn't use much memory until it gets it downloaded, then it tries to allocate memory for the uncompressed version and fails. It seems like it only has access to 2gb of memory. If you're using a 64-bit OS I'll build a 64-bit client for you, that will fix things up.

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Using Window's 7 32-bit OS. Not sure what the problem is. When I first downloaded the game I seemed to have this issue but then I cleared up some processes and it downloaded fine. Not sure why it only has access to 2gb I'll try and see if there is something limiting my computer somewhere.

Gonna see if I just might be able to access it through the browser launcher.

Citan

VIP
Stratics Veteran
You can also try re-running it repeatedly; if it's able to download any files successfully it won't need to re-download them, so you can often get past the out-of-memory bottleneck just by re-running the launcher a bunch of times.

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm gonna try re-running it repeatedly. It seems to be surely, if ever so slowly, clearing through the bottleneck of memory. It's gone from stopping at 51% with the 7 files left all the way up to about 68%. Maybe eventually it will keep moving up and finally finish downloading. Still not sure why only 2 of the 4 GB are accessible can't even find a solution online yet.

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Also, not sure if this is possible but could a file be created that I could just download and save and into the project gorgon file? Might help if there are any more people that have issues like mine.

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank i'll try it out and let you know! Appreciate all the assistance. I used to play Asheron's Call and this is the best I've placed since.

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just want to point out. I'm using a Windows OS but the game managed to load up for me this time around (no memory issues). The problem was that when I tried to click the "play" button it tried to open using a Macplayer app. Is it possible to get the same type of launcher as before just with a Windows launcher?

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I was up, bored, checked this forum got the new launcher. Tried it out, it got up to about 78% then shot back down to 33%. Thought it was gonna crash on me again but nope. I'm guessing w/e you did allowed the memory to go back and just focus on whichever file it was struggling it.

Anyways long story short. It works PERFECTLY. Got the launcher open, able to log in, everything running smooth yet again.

I really appreciate everything that you've done. Definitely didn't want to miss out on this game :D

Citan

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Thanks, that's great to hear! Yeah, I used a pretty extreme emergency-memory-management trick, which I'm going to try to improve on soon. But glad to hear you won't be stuck out in the mean time!